|
|
| Author |
Message |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:18 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: Fashion advice for a lady |
 |
|
Knowing you lot this is most likely a terribly ill advised post.
What does the fashionable lady in her mid 20s wear about town these days? Pale complexion, long auburn hair, size 8-10.
I have no fucking idea and she's asked what she should buy. I was also going to get her some new clothes for her birthday next month because hers have all been attacked by mildew (leaky roof).
I seldom go into town, don't pay that much attention to that sort of thing anyway and buy all my clothes from Asda and Tesco.
So, where else to ask but on a motorcycle site? Well, she asked a bloke for fashion advice so I don't know what she was expecting.
I wonder if anyone could offer any advice or point me in the direction of any resources on the subject.
I will not be posting any pictures for any of the more juvenile members to shoop/fap to so don't ask!
*Awaits deluge of links to BDSM sites.* ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:22 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Question is Stink what does she wear at the moment and it's hard giving advice on what to wear without seeing her, although I do understand you reluctance to post a pic mate...
Oh actually get her next to you and go through the site ASOS ( As Seen On Screen ), I've had some quality stuff from there, the fucking Missus' lives on the shoe pages on there and everything I've bought her from there she's loved...  ____________________ Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:27 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Umm. Mostly jeans and t-shirts, occasionally combats.
She seems to be under the impression that she isn't fashionable enough although god only knows why she asked me about it. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:29 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
ASOS mate, get her on it with you, saying that for her size virtually anything from River Island will fit her...  ____________________ Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr jamez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr jamez World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:05 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Er my sister goes to top shop. She wears skinny jeans/leggings with 'hippy' looking tops/dresses with jangly bracelets. Seems like a common look for the type of girl you describe i.e not a 'chav'.
Apart from that its tits out and a mini skirt for most others, unless you go to a metal pub or something.
This is all I know  ____________________ NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FreshAL |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 FreshAL Sir Crashalot

Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:36 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:48 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Apparantly those massive sunglasses are still in fashion, despite being winter. Unfortunately I think they look really silly and make some otherwise rather pretty girls look odd at best . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:00 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I am pleased to see most people on here have as in-depth a knowledge on the subject as I do.
The possability of purchasing clothing from either Asda or Tesco was vetoed before I even had the chance to suggest it.
I will add Top-shop and River Island to the list of places which may be deemed suitable. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tonka |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tonka World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:15 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well, not sure I can be very helpful, but I am female albeit (slightly) outside the demographic
Just had a delivery from ASOS and would thoroughly recommend it for you to use as a fella getting ideas, as they have good 'outfit' advice to help you 'get the look'. Only downside maybe if they don't have the sizes in stock - on sizing I'm an 8-10, bought a size 10 coat and it's a good fit. Same sort of stuff on high street is in TopShop, River Island and Zara if you want to see before you buy.
Otherwise I love the WhiteStuff and FatFace websites for casual clothes and sizes there are spot on too.
HTH ____________________ 'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:18 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think Monsoon is rather nice, if a tad pricey
Also, I think there is a place called Uni-Qlo, which is quite nice: Anita, Queen of Shoes, made me buy her a coat from there last year. ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:21 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Jane Norman ...
Miss Selfridge ...
Dorothy Perkins ...
(I've gone scouting the names on the assorted bags lying round in my bedroom on Anita's side of the wardrobe ) ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kitty kat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kitty kat World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:15 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Just been having a look at ASOS. They seem to have a good petite range too which is handy.
She's always paranoid about having pale skin, and which colours will and won't go. The good old dark green is a bit obvious.
I think I'll go find a picture of her in a plain top and mess around with the colours on the computer. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:56 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've been hinted at to visit H&M along with a couple listed above.... Fuck knows what I'm supposed to get in there.
What kind of lass is she? Classy/hippy/shy/outgoing/party...
No offense intended but I know a few girls as above and wouldn't buy any the same style clothes really if I had to. I've often resorted to asking shop assistants on advice, being mostly females they're often 'on par' with the do's & don'ts.  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Miss LukeVFR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Miss LukeVFR Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 15 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:32 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
H&M is brilliant, it's not too expensive but the quality of clothes is pretty good, and they are always getting new stuff in. I got there a lot in my lunch hour cos I'm a shopping freak. Primark is also really cheap, however I think I would be a bit peeved if my boyfriend bought me something from there as a gift
I, personally, really like Zara, it's not overly expensive, well, I bought shirt from there the other week which was labout £20 (which I think is ok?) and a coat for about £80... Oh, and some boots for £35 (maybe I should stay away from that shop now)
The thing is though, having auburn hair, you can't just go and buy anything, because unfortunately, it doesnt go with everything (no offence). Probably don't go for bright colours (red, blue, definatley not orange). Best to stick to black and white, or earthy colours like beige, grey etc (boring I know, but some places have some fab stuff).
Jane Norman, River Island, (Top Shop can be a bit eccentric for my liking, but might be alright for your lady), Bay Trading, New Look (actually, New Look is really good)
Skinny Jeans, boots (NOT Uggs, they're so chav), vest tops with funky cardigans, big jewellery (not big hoop earrings though, also chav)...
Maybe I should shut up now, I sound like a wardrobe attendant  ____________________ bumcheeks |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:43 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Miss LukeVFR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Miss LukeVFR Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 15 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| st3v3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 st3v3 Super Spammer

Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:48 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers you've give me some more ideas...
Most I've spent on myself was a jacket at £25, similar to in my profile and for me, that was splashing out, think I'd pass out if she bought something at £80 for everyday/other day use, not because it's bad(well, imho it is lol) but because it's not /my/ thing. Then, I doubt she'd be happy if I bought a bike bit at £100 if I couldn't justify a real need for it. Or could say it cost a quarter....
Anway,
New look
H&M
Zara
*thinks*..
Monsoon
Dorothy Perkins
*takes note of above 'ASOS'*
Cheers. Gonna get me some quick, early an cheap shoppin done.  ____________________ Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:24 - 17 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Topshop has quite an acquired look and IMO is way overpriced for what it sells. Of course I only have experience of Topman, but my gf says the same about Topshop.
H+M is great, although they are not as cheap as they used to be IMO.
I think New Look has a really good price/quality indicator as they are actually quite good value and their clothes are actually alright.
I tend to steer clear of Primark because all of the clothes are shoddily made.
Shopping online is OK, but it's a bit of a ballache if you order something and it is A) The wrong size or B) Disgusting.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lofty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lofty Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 Aug 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:45 - 17 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think the root problem is a lack of confidence in what she wears, which leads to going out in jeans and a t-shirt then spending all night wishing she was wearing something smarter.
I think I need to work on this one. . ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:33 - 17 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
At the mo I can only advice on maturnity clothing But I was never loyal to any store if i seen something I liked I bought it. Primark was last call though as I dont like their fits at all. I like to spend more on cloths and then either spill gloss paint on them or burn trousers with the exhaust of my bike while filling up with petrol. My boyfriend has more cloths than me  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lofty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lofty Spanner Monkey

Joined: 01 Aug 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|