Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Fashion advice for a lady

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Fashion advice for a lady Reply with quote

Knowing you lot this is most likely a terribly ill advised post.

What does the fashionable lady in her mid 20s wear about town these days? Pale complexion, long auburn hair, size 8-10.

I have no fucking idea and she's asked what she should buy. I was also going to get her some new clothes for her birthday next month because hers have all been attacked by mildew (leaky roof).

I seldom go into town, don't pay that much attention to that sort of thing anyway and buy all my clothes from Asda and Tesco.

So, where else to ask but on a motorcycle site? Well, she asked a bloke for fashion advice so I don't know what she was expecting.

I wonder if anyone could offer any advice or point me in the direction of any resources on the subject.

I will not be posting any pictures for any of the more juvenile members to shoop/fap to so don't ask!

*Awaits deluge of links to BDSM sites.*
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:22 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is Stink what does she wear at the moment and it's hard giving advice on what to wear without seeing her, although I do understand you reluctance to post a pic mate...

Oh actually get her next to you and go through the site ASOS ( As Seen On Screen ), I've had some quality stuff from there, the fucking Missus' lives on the shoe pages on there and everything I've bought her from there she's loved... Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm. Mostly jeans and t-shirts, occasionally combats.

She seems to be under the impression that she isn't fashionable enough although god only knows why she asked me about it.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Handsome
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASOS mate, get her on it with you, saying that for her size virtually anything from River Island will fit her... Thumbs Up
____________________
Previous Bikes...Honda NSR 125 RR...Kawasaki Zephyr 550...Suzuki SV 1000 S...Yamaha FZ8...Current Bike...Suzuki GSX-R 750...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mr jamez
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:05 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er my sister goes to top shop. She wears skinny jeans/leggings with 'hippy' looking tops/dresses with jangly bracelets. Seems like a common look for the type of girl you describe i.e not a 'chav'.

Apart from that its tits out and a mini skirt for most others, unless you go to a metal pub or something.

This is all I know Laughing
____________________
NSR 125F > BROS 400 > NC30 > BROS 400 > Trumpet S4 > '97 VFR 750
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

FreshAL
Sir Crashalot



Joined: 04 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:50 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My GF is 27, and would love nothing more than to babble for hours about clothes.

Give me a PM, I'll pass on her email address and the ladies can chat clothes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:36 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.shaveblog.com/uploaded_images/imalady-721333.jpg
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparantly those massive sunglasses are still in fashion, despite being winter. Unfortunately I think they look really silly and make some otherwise rather pretty girls look odd at best Thumbs Down.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pleased to see most people on here have as in-depth a knowledge on the subject as I do.

The possability of purchasing clothing from either Asda or Tesco was vetoed before I even had the chance to suggest it.

I will add Top-shop and River Island to the list of places which may be deemed suitable.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not sure I can be very helpful, but I am female albeit (slightly) outside the demographic Crying or Very sad

Just had a delivery from ASOS and would thoroughly recommend it for you to use as a fella getting ideas, as they have good 'outfit' advice to help you 'get the look'. Only downside maybe if they don't have the sizes in stock - on sizing I'm an 8-10, bought a size 10 coat and it's a good fit. Same sort of stuff on high street is in TopShop, River Island and Zara if you want to see before you buy.

Otherwise I love the WhiteStuff and FatFace websites for casual clothes and sizes there are spot on too.

HTH
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Monsoon is rather nice, if a tad pricey Shifty

Also, I think there is a place called Uni-Qlo, which is quite nice: Anita, Queen of Shoes, made me buy her a coat from there last year.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:21 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane Norman ...
Miss Selfridge ...
Dorothy Perkins ...

(I've gone scouting the names on the assorted bags lying round in my bedroom on Anita's side of the wardrobe Laughing )
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

kitty kat
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the stuff from Monsoon & Oasis are labelled dry clean only, so it can work out expensive if you get any marks on them. A girl I worked with a while ago (age 24) bought loads of stuff from ASOS, always looked good on her.
____________________
Enjoy everyday, tell those you love everyday you love them
Life is too short to fall out with people
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been having a look at ASOS. They seem to have a good petite range too which is handy.

She's always paranoid about having pale skin, and which colours will and won't go. The good old dark green is a bit obvious.

I think I'll go find a picture of her in a plain top and mess around with the colours on the computer.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:25 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Just been having a look at ASOS. They seem to have a good petite range too which is handy.

She's always paranoid about having pale skin, and which colours will and won't go. The good old dark green is a bit obvious.

I think I'll go find a picture of her in a plain top and mess around with the colours on the computer.


that was probably the fire work that went into the crowd last week. Surprised


though I do recall a picture from the freezup with the skull and cross bones boots , standing on or by a fire that looked ok, the words fashion and Itchy do not mix however
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:56 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hinted at to visit H&M along with a couple listed above.... Fuck knows what I'm supposed to get in there. Embarassed Laughing

What kind of lass is she? Classy/hippy/shy/outgoing/party...

No offense intended but I know a few girls as above and wouldn't buy any the same style clothes really if I had to. I've often resorted to asking shop assistants on advice, being mostly females they're often 'on par' with the do's & don'ts. Thumbs Up
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Miss LukeVFR
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:32 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

H&M is brilliant, it's not too expensive but the quality of clothes is pretty good, and they are always getting new stuff in. I got there a lot in my lunch hour cos I'm a shopping freak. Primark is also really cheap, however I think I would be a bit peeved if my boyfriend bought me something from there as a gift Shocked

I, personally, really like Zara, it's not overly expensive, well, I bought shirt from there the other week which was labout £20 (which I think is ok?) and a coat for about £80... Oh, and some boots for £35 (maybe I should stay away from that shop now)

The thing is though, having auburn hair, you can't just go and buy anything, because unfortunately, it doesnt go with everything (no offence). Probably don't go for bright colours (red, blue, definatley not orange). Best to stick to black and white, or earthy colours like beige, grey etc (boring I know, but some places have some fab stuff).

Jane Norman, River Island, (Top Shop can be a bit eccentric for my liking, but might be alright for your lady), Bay Trading, New Look (actually, New Look is really good)

Skinny Jeans, boots (NOT Uggs, they're so chav), vest tops with funky cardigans, big jewellery (not big hoop earrings though, also chav)...

Maybe I should shut up now, I sound like a wardrobe attendant Shocked
____________________
bumcheeks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss LukeVFR wrote:
(not big hoop earrings though, also chav)...


Thinking


Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Miss LukeVFR
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's my aunties cats sister?







megabiatch
____________________
bumcheeks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:48 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers you've give me some more ideas...

Most I've spent on myself was a jacket at £25, similar to in my profile and for me, that was splashing out, think I'd pass out if she bought something at £80 for everyday/other day use, not because it's bad(well, imho it is lol) but because it's not /my/ thing. Then, I doubt she'd be happy if I bought a bike bit at £100 if I couldn't justify a real need for it. Or could say it cost a quarter.... Twisted Evil

Anway,

New look
H&M
Zara
*thinks*..
Monsoon
Dorothy Perkins
*takes note of above 'ASOS'*

Cheers. Cool Gonna get me some quick, early an cheap shoppin done. Thumbs Up
____________________
Roger wrote: Women don't get damp for clingy puppies. Get some better happy pills, hit the gym & buy a medallion the size of a dinner plate. Job done
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:24 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topshop has quite an acquired look and IMO is way overpriced for what it sells. Of course I only have experience of Topman, but my gf says the same about Topshop.

H+M is great, although they are not as cheap as they used to be IMO.

I think New Look has a really good price/quality indicator as they are actually quite good value and their clothes are actually alright.

I tend to steer clear of Primark because all of the clothes are shoddily made.

Shopping online is OK, but it's a bit of a ballache if you order something and it is A) The wrong size or B) Disgusting. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:30 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say ASOS, best website ever!

When you say town... do you mean out in the evenings, where exactly? Does she want a whole outfit or just tops/or even a dress?

Depends what she likes, but asos are good, delivery is reliable etc, has a very good range of clothes, I am trying not to spend lots of money on there at the mo, like her!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:45 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the root problem is a lack of confidence in what she wears, which leads to going out in jeans and a t-shirt then spending all night wishing she was wearing something smarter.

I think I need to work on this one. Thinking .
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:33 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the mo I can only advice on maturnity clothing Laughing But I was never loyal to any store if i seen something I liked I bought it. Primark was last call though as I dont like their fits at all. I like to spend more on cloths and then either spill gloss paint on them or burn trousers with the exhaust of my bike while filling up with petrol. My boyfriend has more cloths than me Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lofty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:54 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stinkwheel, I am exactly the same! I always look scruffy, or not as dressed up as anyone else, and always wish I looked a bit nicer! Get her a few nice tops, because she can then always still wear her jeans, but will still look dressed up.
I am bored at uni, so I am going to do some searching on asos for ya, seeing as I spend ages on there myself! Size 8-10, for a brunette... how tall?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 321 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.57 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.89 Kb