|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:02 - 14 Nov 2008 Post subject: PS3 fucked - RESULT!!! |
 |
|
I called Sony 'cos my PS3 is shagged. Now they tell me I need proof of purchase to continue with the claim for a repair/exchange!
Thing is I bought the console brand new off ebay in December 2007.
They have requested proof of the ebay transaction and proof of original purchase although I think I can get away with just the ebay proof. ebay deletes all transaction details over a certain age so all I have is the feedback from the seller.
Anyone know a way around this or any solutions? ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
Last edited by Dischord on 16:25 - 21 Nov 2008; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:01 - 14 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
How did you pay? If it was PayPal or by card/cheque there'll be a record in your bank statements. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:01 - 14 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
If it was by paypal then you'll have it on your bank statement too
Can at least find out the ebayer who sold it from that and get them to give some proof. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Glen |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Glen Spanner Monkey

Joined: 15 Nov 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:37 - 14 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't know about your setup but ebay emails me when a transaction is complete. Might be worth digging through your email and seeing if there are any emails relating to the transaction  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:33 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I managed to dig up the old Invoice via Paypal (cheers). Now gotta send it down to Sony HQ with a cover letter explaining my situation.
Kinda annoyed TBH it's alot of hassle just to get the sodding thing sorted and I just bought COD5 and Little Big Planet
Will let you know how it goes  ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Villers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Villers World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:05 - 16 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
What a bunch of arseholes God I hate sony.
Never had this bother with Microsoft...............
 ____________________ RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N.C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 N.C Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 14 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:48 - 17 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
What was wrong with your PS3? My mates has just died from the Bluray drive dying.
I thought it was Xbox's that were supposed to be unreliable  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:52 - 18 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I got a sneaky feeling COD5 fucked it up aswell...because it froze right on the first loading screen and then just stopped reading BluRay's after I had to restart the console
What a load of wank, if I'm lucky enough to get an exchange I'm gonna be too scared to play the sodding game now incase it fucks up again  ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tribal_tiger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tribal_tiger World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:40 - 18 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fucking assholes are pissing me off
They wont take the paypal receipt as proof of purchase, they insist I have the original receipt for the console. Then they offer me an out of waranty exchange for £186
So, I ask to speak to a member of management, hold for 10 minutes and get some jibberish saying they'll phone me back within 24 hours.
So basically I've got a £400 paperweight! It won't effect Sony at all to just give me a refurbished unit but it'll cripple me if I have to fork out to buy another!!
Will ring them again tomorrow! CNUTS! ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N.C |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 N.C Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 14 Jun 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:44 - 18 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Your contract is with whomever you purchased the product from so ANY claim that you make under your statutory rights (Basically the same rights that you'd have if you purchased a jumper from Primark - no offense, you just strike me as that sort ) should be through the individual/company who sold you the item. In that case ANY proof of purchase (Bank statement, Paypal Receipt, Credit Card statement, etc) is sufficient for you to make a claim under the aforementioned rights.
SONY are the manufacturer and (other than any tenuous guarantee* that they might offer with the PS3) consequently are not legally obliged to offer any form of recompense/assistance with your claim. IF they do decide to help you out then they could basically ask for a copy of your Mum's birth certificate prior to them doing so if they see fit.
* Have a look at the Sony guarantee (assuming there is one), see what the terms and conditions are relating to making a claim under it and then ascertain if you can satisfy those requirements. ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:01 - 18 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've lost my PS3 reciept, just checking now to see if I bought it on the card or not.
Mine's still working though. Guess I won't be seeing you online for a while then. No COD 5 showdown. ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:58 - 19 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
The original seller has been really great to be fair, said she'll do her best to check for receipt etc I don't fancy gettting all legal YO on her ass.
I've emailed head office, spoken to a supervisor who insisted again there's nothing they can do without the original receipt but he'll have a word with head office.
Don't suppose anyone has a pre Nov 27 2007 60GB PS3 receipt lying around do they?  ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:45 - 19 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Steve H wrote: | 'kin 'ell Bonny do you really want me to go all 'Ginger Beer' on your arse |
Mwuahaha... Paisley Snail for the win.
| Quote: |
Donaghue -v- Stevenson's basic subject matter is negligence, the subsequent injury to said 'neighbour' (or ultimate consumer if you will!) 'cos of the negligence and the rights of the 'neighbour' to claim against the manufacturer for injury caused by that negligence. It ain't about Economic loss.
In short Sony have taken reasonable care to avoid anything which they can reasonably foresee would like to injure someone by providing a 'safe' product free from snails. The fact that it just doesn't work effectively isn't their problem (in this instance).
|
I did say safety wasn't an issue. However, my point was more that they sell a product fit for purpose (explicit - playing ps3 stuff, implicit - doing so for an appreciable time), and as with all consumer stuff, the manufacturer does owe the ultimate consumer.
That said though, I seem to recall that usually its people complaining because the shops have told them to go direct to the manufacturer rather then sorting it internally.
| Quote: |
I hate you for making post something mundane and boring on BCF - I haven't done that since 2003 (honest!)  |
Welcome to my world  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dischord |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dischord World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 May 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:25 - 21 Nov 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
RESULT!
Just got a phonecall off Sony Customer Support and am pleased to say I'm getting an exchange on 3rd of December Can't believe it, fairplay to them!
Will see you all on COD and LBP soon
PSN - DanSwift ____________________ 2012 KTM EXC 250
Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lllN30lll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lllN30lll World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lozzypop1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lozzypop1 Certified MILF!

Joined: 04 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 322 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|