Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


PS3 fucked - RESULT!!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 14 Nov 2008    Post subject: PS3 fucked - RESULT!!! Reply with quote

I called Sony 'cos my PS3 is shagged. Now they tell me I need proof of purchase to continue with the claim for a repair/exchange!

Thing is I bought the console brand new off ebay in December 2007.

They have requested proof of the ebay transaction and proof of original purchase although I think I can get away with just the ebay proof. ebay deletes all transaction details over a certain age so all I have is the feedback from the seller.

Anyone know a way around this or any solutions?
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos


Last edited by Dischord on 16:25 - 21 Nov 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:01 - 14 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you pay? If it was PayPal or by card/cheque there'll be a record in your bank statements.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 14 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

paypal I'll go have a look if I can search that far back!
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 14 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was by paypal then you'll have it on your bank statement too Thumbs Up

Can at least find out the ebayer who sold it from that and get them to give some proof.
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Glen
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:37 - 14 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about your setup but ebay emails me when a transaction is complete. Might be worth digging through your email and seeing if there are any emails relating to the transaction Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:33 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to dig up the old Invoice via Paypal (cheers). Now gotta send it down to Sony HQ with a cover letter explaining my situation.

Kinda annoyed TBH it's alot of hassle just to get the sodding thing sorted and I just bought COD5 and Little Big Planet Crying or Very sad

Will let you know how it goes Very Happy
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Villers
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a bunch of arseholes Thumbs Down God I hate sony.

Never had this bother with Microsoft...............

Shifty Laughing
____________________
RS125 > CBR6 > SV650S > ZX636R > GSX1300RZ Hayabusa > 06 RSVR Mille > SV1000S > Street Triple 765 RS
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

N.C
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:25 - 16 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its COD5

my mates just died after playing it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:48 - 17 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What was wrong with your PS3? My mates has just died from the Bluray drive dying.

I thought it was Xbox's that were supposed to be unreliable Confused
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a sneaky feeling COD5 fucked it up aswell...because it froze right on the first loading screen and then just stopped reading BluRay's after I had to restart the console Shocked

What a load of wank, if I'm lucky enough to get an exchange I'm gonna be too scared to play the sodding game now incase it fucks up again Laughing
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:44 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got me worried now, i have just got COD5 and started playing it (well got it yesterday).

How many reports are there of COD5 FUBAR'ing PS3's?
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:20 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mates PS3 is out of it's 1 year (I presume) Warranty, hence why he wants me to fit a new one, so long as he sources the parts i'm fine with it. But i'm wondering how much a BluRay drive will cost and whether it's worth it. Though to be honest he is dead set on keeping his 60GB version.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tribal_tiger
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:26 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just get your mate to call Sony. They wil replace his PS3 with a like model, so he'll still have a 60Gb.

BTW if people want to chuck me on a friend list or 2 my username is the same as on here, but without the underscore. TribalTiger

Feel free to add away! I could do with some new people to kick my arse.
____________________
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

All of it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking assholes are pissing me off Evil or Very Mad

They wont take the paypal receipt as proof of purchase, they insist I have the original receipt for the console. Then they offer me an out of waranty exchange for £186 Shocked

So, I ask to speak to a member of management, hold for 10 minutes and get some jibberish saying they'll phone me back within 24 hours.

So basically I've got a £400 paperweight! It won't effect Sony at all to just give me a refurbished unit but it'll cripple me if I have to fork out to buy another!!

Will ring them again tomorrow! CNUTS!
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:30 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate is trying to go through the contents insurance route as I speak.

Lets just say he is a little bit pissed off that his £500 console and £500's worth of games may well become redundant.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

N.C
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 14 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

with mine they exchanged it no problem
(twice)

but they do actually send you other faulty ones that have been fixed


if it goes wrong again, im asking for a new one, because i purchased a new one and i dont think its right that they give me an old one when mine brakes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:44 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your contract is with whomever you purchased the product from so ANY claim that you make under your statutory rights (Basically the same rights that you'd have if you purchased a jumper from Primark - no offense, you just strike me as that sort Wink ) should be through the individual/company who sold you the item. In that case ANY proof of purchase (Bank statement, Paypal Receipt, Credit Card statement, etc) is sufficient for you to make a claim under the aforementioned rights.

SONY are the manufacturer and (other than any tenuous guarantee* that they might offer with the PS3) consequently are not legally obliged to offer any form of recompense/assistance with your claim. IF they do decide to help you out then they could basically ask for a copy of your Mum's birth certificate prior to them doing so if they see fit.

* Have a look at the Sony guarantee (assuming there is one), see what the terms and conditions are relating to making a claim under it and then ascertain if you can satisfy those requirements.
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost my PS3 reciept, just checking now to see if I bought it on the card or not. Shocked

Mine's still working though. Guess I won't be seeing you online for a while then. No COD 5 showdown.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 18 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:


SONY are the manufacturer and (other than any tenuous guarantee* that they might offer with the PS3) consequently are not legally obliged to offer any form of recompense/assistance with your claim. IF they do decide to help you out then they could basically ask for a copy of your Mum's birth certificate prior to them doing so if they see fit.


Ahem... you're a legal bod. Donoghue v Stevenson 1932? Admittedly no harm to the 'neighbour', but the manufacturer still holds a duty of care to the end user surely...

That said, I must admit it might be easier to just harass the ebay seller to harass them. If he can't prove it was bought new himself, then he owns up to misrepresentation and so you could demand your money back (all wishful thinking but never mind).
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:58 - 19 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original seller has been really great to be fair, said she'll do her best to check for receipt etc I don't fancy gettting all legal YO on her ass.

I've emailed head office, spoken to a supervisor who insisted again there's nothing they can do without the original receipt but he'll have a word with head office.

Don't suppose anyone has a pre Nov 27 2007 60GB PS3 receipt lying around do they? Very Happy
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 19 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

bonny_ricardo wrote:
Ahem... you're a legal bod. Donoghue v Stevenson 1932? Admittedly no harm to the 'neighbour', but the manufacturer still holds a duty of care to the end user surely...

'kin 'ell Bonny do you really want me to go all 'Ginger Beer' on your arse Wink

Donaghue -v- Stevenson's basic subject matter is negligence, the subsequent injury to said 'neighbour' (or ultimate consumer if you will!) 'cos of the negligence and the rights of the 'neighbour' to claim against the manufacturer for injury caused by that negligence. It ain't about Economic loss.

In short Sony have taken reasonable care to avoid anything which they can reasonably foresee would like to injure someone by providing a 'safe' product free from snails. The fact that it just doesn't work effectively isn't their problem (in this instance).

I hate you for making post something mundane and boring on BCF - I haven't done that since 2003 (honest!) Wink
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 19 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
'kin 'ell Bonny do you really want me to go all 'Ginger Beer' on your arse Wink


Mwuahaha... Paisley Snail for the win.

Quote:


Donaghue -v- Stevenson's basic subject matter is negligence, the subsequent injury to said 'neighbour' (or ultimate consumer if you will!) 'cos of the negligence and the rights of the 'neighbour' to claim against the manufacturer for injury caused by that negligence. It ain't about Economic loss.

In short Sony have taken reasonable care to avoid anything which they can reasonably foresee would like to injure someone by providing a 'safe' product free from snails. The fact that it just doesn't work effectively isn't their problem (in this instance).


I did say safety wasn't an issue. However, my point was more that they sell a product fit for purpose (explicit - playing ps3 stuff, implicit - doing so for an appreciable time), and as with all consumer stuff, the manufacturer does owe the ultimate consumer.

That said though, I seem to recall that usually its people complaining because the shops have told them to go direct to the manufacturer rather then sorting it internally.

Quote:

I hate you for making post something mundane and boring on BCF - I haven't done that since 2003 (honest!) Wink


Welcome to my world Wink
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

RESULT!

Just got a phonecall off Sony Customer Support and am pleased to say I'm getting an exchange on 3rd of December Very Happy Can't believe it, fairplay to them!

Will see you all on COD and LBP soon Very Happy

PSN - DanSwift
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

LukeVFR wrote:
MattHirst wrote:
Got me worried now, i have just got COD5 and started playing it (well got it yesterday).

How many reports are there of COD5 FUBAR'ing PS3's?

It won't mess your PS3 up. It's just a coincidence. Software cannot break hardware.

So if I open the Ntune application and overclock my 8800GTX by another %200 it won't damage it? i'm putting my trust in your words Luke Laughing
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lozzypop1
Certified MILF!



Joined: 04 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:40 - 21 Nov 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:

SONY are the manufacturer and (other than any tenuous guarantee* that they might offer with the PS3) consequently are not legally obliged to offer any form of recompense/assistance with your claim. IF they do decide to help you out then they could basically ask for a copy of your Mum's birth certificate prior to them doing so if they see fit.

* Have a look at the Sony guarantee (assuming there is one), see what the terms and conditions are relating to making a claim under it and then ascertain if you can satisfy those requirements.


What about the sale of good act Steve? Would you be able to take this up with Sony?

The Sale of Goods Act states that you may have some recourse with the trader if a fault develops with an item for up to six years if for some reason you feel that the item wasn't fit for purpose. (Obviously it's advisable to contact Consumer's Direct on 08454 040506 for clarification.)
____________________
Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 1.4 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.36 Kb