|
|
| Author |
Message |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:19 - 30 Nov 2008 Post subject: roundabout observation... |
 |
|
Hi,
Just wnt to clear up a few things. My observation is as folllows:
As approaching roundabout, regular OSM (mirrors, indicate, lifesaver, positioning).
Going left: When I am going left, my observation is: left shoulder check before entering roundabout, right shoulder check before exiting - to check for joining traffic from other lanes.
Going straight: left as entering, left as exiting if I am cutting a lane, but right lifesaver if I am in the left lane and going straight, again to check for joining traffic.
Going right: left as approaching, left as exiting before cutting lane.
I'm wrong, aren't I? C'mon, do me a big favour and offer corrections before my test in a few days time... ____________________ no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Disapproving Brit |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Disapproving Brit World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lozzypop1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lozzypop1 Certified MILF!

Joined: 04 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:11 - 30 Nov 2008 Post subject: Re: roundabout observation... |
 |
|
| steppen22 wrote: |
Going left: When I am going left, my observation is: left shoulder check before entering roundabout, right shoulder check before exiting - to check for joining traffic from other lanes. |
you're already looking to the right to make sure it's safe to go...
LEFT lifesaver as you exit not right.
| steppen22 wrote: | Going right: left as approaching, left as exiting before cutting lane. |
Might be a plan to do a right shouldercheck on as approaching too..
Anything past 12 o'clock, do a RIGHT check as you are on your way around, before a final left lifesaver as you start to leave the roundabout.
| steppen22 wrote: | I'm wrong, aren't I? C'mon, do me a big favour and offer corrections before my test in a few days time... |
As said above.. Glance dow every entry lane to look out for the assholes, and one last thing...
WTF are you doing cutting lanes? You'll fail your test on that, so I hope that's just a mistake/miscommunication in the way you have explained it? ____________________ Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:20 - 30 Nov 2008 Post subject: Re: roundabout observation... |
 |
|
| lozzypop1 wrote: | | steppen22 wrote: |
Going left: When I am going left, my observation is: left shoulder check before entering roundabout, right shoulder check before exiting - to check for joining traffic from other lanes. |
you're already looking to the right to make sure it's safe to go...
LEFT lifesaver as you exit not right.
| steppen22 wrote: | Going right: left as approaching, left as exiting before cutting lane. |
Might be a plan to do a right shouldercheck on as approaching too..
Anything past 12 o'clock, do a RIGHT check as you are on your way around, before a final left lifesaver as you start to leave the roundabout.
| steppen22 wrote: | I'm wrong, aren't I? C'mon, do me a big favour and offer corrections before my test in a few days time... |
As said above.. Glance dow every entry lane to look out for the assholes, and one last thing...
WTF are you doing cutting lanes? You'll fail your test on that, so I hope that's just a mistake/miscommunication in the way you have explained it? |
I think I'm missing something here obviously you have to cross the left lan when you're in the right lane, otherwise you'd just keep going in circles!
Anything past 12 o'clock, do a RIGHT check as you are on your way around, before a final left lifesaver as you start to leave the roundabout.
I don't follow here. Wouldn;t I just be looking at the roundabout shubbery with a right check on a right turn? ____________________ no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
Last edited by steppen22 on 20:30 - 30 Nov 2008; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:27 - 30 Nov 2008 Post subject: Re: roundabout observation... |
 |
|
| Quote: |
I think I'm missing something hi, obviously you have to cross the left lan when you're in the right lane, otherwise you'd just keep going in circles!
Anything past 12 o'clock, do a RIGHT check as you are on your way around, before a final left lifesaver as you start to leave the roundabout.
I don't follow here. Wouldn;t I just be looking at the roadabout shubbery with a right check on a right turn? |
Youve worded your post like you were straight lining and cutting through lanes, which obviously a fail, you have to follow the roundabout around in the lane, you cant straight line in any lane at all, as thats a phail.
and yet again loz is right because you should have been taught, when turning right you do right checks. and left for left checks.. and because your choosing a exit after 12 oclock, you have to indicate to the left to choose the exit, and you guessed it left indicator so left lifesaver...
Clear enough for ya? ____________________ Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lozzypop1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lozzypop1 Certified MILF!

Joined: 04 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:11 - 30 Nov 2008 Post subject: Re: roundabout observation... |
 |
|
| steppen22 wrote: |
Anything past 12 o'clock, do a RIGHT check as you are on your way around, before a final left lifesaver as you start to leave the roundabout.
I don't follow here. Wouldn;t I just be looking at the roundabout shubbery with a right check on a right turn? |
99.9% of the time you will be....
....But not if some impatient idiot on a fireblade was cutting around you on the inside (and yes, I've seen it happen.) Which incidentally is why you should also be checking in your mirrors going around roundabouts.
The object is to know exactly everything that is happening around you, as well as be aware of the things that COULD happen - which is what you are checking for. (And also what the examiner WILL be looking for.)
With regards to the cutting across lanes, you wouldn't REALLY NEED to CUT ACROSS lanes.. as you should ALWAYS exit on the lane you entered the roundabout on.
i.e. If you start in the right hand lane of a duel carriageway, for instance, you MUST leave using the right land lane of the dual carriageway you are turning onto.
If you are going from a single lane to another single lane, you shouldn't have to 'cut' across lanes, as you will gradually move into the left hand lane after the exit before your own. i.e. as you indicate and do the left lifesaver.
There, No cutting of lanes required. ____________________ Funny, I used to hate being spanked as a child!
Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikedemon99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikedemon99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 24 Nov 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Azonicben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Azonicben Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 22 Aug 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| YZFR1IAN |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 YZFR1IAN Scooby Slapper

Joined: 21 Mar 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:29 - 07 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
yes, very good book, really well written. It certainly helped me when I was training. Check your local library if you dont want to buy it. ____________________ 05 Yamaha YBR125 > 94 Honda CB500 > 98 Honda Hornet 600 > 02 Yamaha R6 > 2000 Yamaha R1 > 2000 Yamaha XJR1300SP > 2000 Honda CBR929RR Fireblade
MY BIKES Past & Present |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikedemon99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikedemon99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 24 Nov 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikedemon99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikedemon99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 24 Nov 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bikedemon99 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bikedemon99 Spanner Monkey

Joined: 24 Nov 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|