Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


My hands are ICECUBES!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

adama
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: My hands are ICECUBES! Reply with quote

Ok..i have RST leather gloves for summer..recently got some winter gloves..but my hands are still getting ICE cold on a 13 mile ride home from uni...

Can anyone suggest me some gloves that actually stop your hands falling off? cheers =]
____________________
Vlogging - www.youtube.com/caprio85

CBT Passed - 24/04/08 - Theory Passed 18/07/08 - Practical Passed 2/04/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

cosstick
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 06 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:51 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried putting a pair of normal gloves underneath,
like the magic stretchy ones,
personally not done it but lots of people recommend and could be cheaper than new ones!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rotax81
Nearly there...



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:56 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know how you feel, my hands get cold in my car for the first couple of minutes Cool lol
____________________
ZX636C6F road. ZX636C1H track. ZX7R redundant. ZX0.5R minimoto as ornament.
Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDi and VW Transporter 2.5TDi 888 Special (no mot and tax lol)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Newbiker0507
Crazy Courier



Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:26 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought some Motrax Motorcyle Muffs and have used them once properly. I wasn't impressed tbh. My hands were still numb by the time I got home. That said, my gloves had been left in my topbox all night and were cold when I put them on.

They're also a ballache figuiring out how to get them to fit in the correct way. I just ended up with some makeshift. way.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CHR15
Turbo nutter bastard



Joined: 14 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:20 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy zoidburg gloves!! ive got some buffalo ones and there brilliant! £24.99
____________________
Turbocharged drag thing / project death weapon / GK73A
Ste: I'm not entirely sure how you'd go about verbally abusing someone with a potato but I'm sure it's possible.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:43 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
buy zoidburg gloves!! ive got some buffalo ones and there brilliant! £24.99


Seconded, and I wear thermal liners under them too on a really cold day
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cicatrez
Crazy Courier



Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

pah, 13miles.. I do 20miles to uni, and 20 back. I checked the HG website the other day and realised that I bought a pair of textile summer gloves Laughing
____________________
-----------------------
'02 Honda City Fly
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:11 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always find warming my hands up on a nice pair of boobs after a ride helps. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
I always find warming my hands up on a nice pair of boobs after a ride helps. Thumbs Up


Your own man-boobs? Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:23 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adama wrote:

My hands are ICECUBES!


Pics or your just over-reacting
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 13 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:34 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjrat wrote:
UnknownStuntman wrote:
I always find warming my hands up on a nice pair of boobs after a ride helps. Thumbs Up


Your own man-boobs? Razz

As I hit Sumbit, I knew - just KNEW someone would pick on my puppies. Sad
Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjrat wrote:
CHR15 wrote:
buy zoidburg gloves!! ive got some buffalo ones and there brilliant! £24.99


Seconded, and I wear thermal liners under them too on a really cold day


Thirded (inc. inner gloves), I have some RST claw ones I got on offer for a tenner last year. Thumbs Up
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nutter
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:49 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought of getting heated grips. You might be called a pussy, but sure has hell feels better than not been able to control the bike better. Got mine fitted last week, take about 5 mins to warm up, and then your set for as long as you want. If your worried about the fact your on a 125, don't, I am too
____________________
Current bike is kawasaki ZR7 - Previous is CBR 125 (40,000 long long miles). Mod 2 passed 11/08/11 - Hope to become an instructor
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Disapproving Brit
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:50 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up these (gloves, socks and maxi tube) from the NEC bike show this week - tenner for the lot. The socks and neck tube are fantastic. The liner gloves are good enough to keep me comfortable on the bike, but I notice I have numb fingers when I try and undo my helmet on arrival. Combined with the heat pack I got for £1 at the Bike Trader stand, I'm happy enough for winter.
____________________
Current Bikes: 1983 Honda VF400FD / 2003 Honda VT750 Shadow
Bike Test Passed 18/03/09, Car Test Passed 14/05/13
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

b-f-c
Traffic Copper



Joined: 06 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:

As I hit Sumbit, I knew - just KNEW someone would pick on my puppies. Sad
Laughing


These'll keep you warm Sick

https://msp219.photobucket.com/albums/cc233/momndad4ever/us/man-boobs.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Azonicben
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 22 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ventilated summer gloves are fine at the moment, i`m one of those people who doesnt really get cold, middle of winter i`ll lie on top of the duvet cause i`m hot Confused Mr. Green
____________________
Cbt-23/09/07.....Theory-16/09/08.....Das passed 10/10/08.....
Current bike- GsxR750 K4. Broken: Cbr400rr (Nc29) Sold: Hyosung GT125R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

map
Mr Calendar



Joined: 14 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:18 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Re: My hands are ICECUBES! Reply with quote

adama wrote:
...Can anyone suggest me some gloves that actually stop your hands falling off? cheers =]

I'd recommend the lobster type gloves (Buffalo from M&P see below). I use Hein Gericke's version, Pathan (there are other makes too). I love these in winter but they can take getting used to. Alternative is normal winter gloves with silk/thermal inners. Another trick for winter riding is fitting hand guards as these keep the cold air from your fingers.

https://www.mandp.co.uk/netalogue/photos/large/GWWGLBFAF.jpg
click on image or for Hein Gericke Pathan click here

Thumbs Up
____________________
...and the whirlwind is in the thorn trees, it's hard for thee to kick against the pricks...
Gibbs, what did Duckie look like when he was younger? Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive tried all sorts when my gloves got a bit cold.
thermal under gloves... the same
latex gloves to try and stop wind chill... the same
thermal under gloves and latex gloves to try and stop wind chill... the same

in the end i just thought fuckit and just wore the gloves.
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

luke27
Nova Slayer



Joined: 15 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:48 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried everything with gloves and failed (5c and below).

I then tried plastic handguards that fit to the handlebars.
They really work.
Still have to wear winter gloves though when its 5c or below.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mosb1919
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:35 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check these out
https://www.gerbings.co.uk/gerbings_classic_mbglove.html

bit pricey, but solves your problem

m
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blindside666
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:45 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

RADIATOR GLOVES!!!

Abit like radiator pants but different...
Put your gloves on or over the radiator somehow overnight - nice and toasty in the morning, personally I do this with all my clothes and walk out smiling and cocky Laughing
____________________
Current Bike: Lifan GY125
CBT: 15th June 2008
A2 Passed: 16th October 2008
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mosb1919
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha
radiator pants...love it!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have hand-guards, heated grips, goretex lined leather gloves, and silk liners, but during the 40 miles into work @ 80-100mph I still get a bit cold.

I find a basin of warm water soon warms me back up though. Thumbs Up
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

simonthomas13
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 06 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

try rubber surgical gloves under your other gloves, they work a dream!
____________________
one life, live it!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 03 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke27 wrote:
I tried everything with gloves and failed (5c and below).

I then tried plastic handguards that fit to the handlebars.
They really work.
Still have to wear winter gloves though when its 5c or below.


The handguards I fitted to my CB helped a lot last winter Thumbs Up It really is the wind chill that's the main bastard, best thing is to try and block it, whether with handguards, muffs or thick knuckled gloves.
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.3 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 128.9 Kb