Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


what do you guys do?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

gr82bthe1st
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 07 Dec 2008    Post subject: what do you guys do? Reply with quote

Well, im intrigued to know what you lot do! Obviously there are threads about your bike, I've decided to make one about you!

What do you guys do for a living etc?

Im 18, a student, 2 jobs.

Studying A-level English Language, Double A-level in ICT and A-level Media.

guess its a good way to get to know each other on here!

Thumbs Up
____________________
A2 passed 25/07/2008 --> restriction ended 25/07/2010
Yamaha Neos 50 --> Suzuki GN125 --> Honda CBR600F --> Yamaha MT-07
My bike does not leak... its marking its territory!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:40 - 07 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck all.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamie S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:47 - 07 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm In college doing a Btec first diploma in land based technology and NVQ level 1 in plant maintenance, I also work part time in a car garage as a mechanic.

Last edited by Jamie S on 23:50 - 07 Dec 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Barry_M2
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:48 - 07 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do nothing too, I work in IT Very Happy

33, married 6 years, 8 year old daughter. All good so far! Thumbs Up
____________________
ZXR750R (M2) - For the road.
CBR1000 RR4 - For the track.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4332
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:03 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unemployed IT whore.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gr82bthe1st
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:05 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the warped one wrote:
I'm 19.
The missus is 17

I'm a Apprentice Fabricator / Welder

And my qualifications are:-

Advanced diploma in Welding
Advanced diploma in Metalergy
Advanced diploma in welding theroy
Advanced diploma in Weld testing
Advanced diploma in Basic fabrication
A level equivalent in Maths
A level equivalent in English
A level equivalent in ICT

WOrking towards
Advanced diploma in Advanced Fabricaton
Advanced diploma in Pattern development
Advanced diploma in Fabrication theory
Advanced diploma in CAD
Advanced diploma in CAM
Advanced diploma in CNC

And thats basically it apart from the 8 C's 1 B 2 D's and a E and F in my GCSE's.

So i'm just really boring and don't know anything lol.

Cheers

Warped


got enough qualifications there? Laughing
____________________
A2 passed 25/07/2008 --> restriction ended 25/07/2010
Yamaha Neos 50 --> Suzuki GN125 --> Honda CBR600F --> Yamaha MT-07
My bike does not leak... its marking its territory!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hornetmike
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

27 parts advisor in motor trade, hate the job, got qualifications in IT but can't seem to get a job in it Sad , basically waiting to die.
____________________
87 Honda CG 125 - 97 ER5 - SR 50 -81 Z250- 96 CBR 600 F- 94 GPX600R 88- GPX 400R- 87 GS 125 - 2006 Honda CB600F- 2003 ER5 - Honda CBF 1000 2009 - Honda CBR 600 RR 2011
Current BMW R1200GS 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

aaronb74
Crazy Courier



Joined: 05 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a training co-ordinator Cool

Also got an IT degree, but again, can't get a job in it (or IT).
____________________
Current bike - 2006 ZX6R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

23, unemployed for four and a half years, i'm on a gap year or something like that Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:20 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT here too. Though apparantly I'm also a whore, but that's nothing I didn't already know!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:20 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a student studying robotics, which basically means I build and play with robots. Great fun Very Happy.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gr82bthe1st
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:23 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:
IT here too. Though apparantly I'm also a whore, but that's nothing I didn't already know!


I think that word is over used! for unknown reasons, im also a whore Rolling Eyes
____________________
A2 passed 25/07/2008 --> restriction ended 25/07/2010
Yamaha Neos 50 --> Suzuki GN125 --> Honda CBR600F --> Yamaha MT-07
My bike does not leak... its marking its territory!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:24 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Psychology lecturer Smile Kitten BA, MSc, PGCE, MIfL
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby


Last edited by Kitten on 00:37 - 08 Dec 2008; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

the warped one wrote:
like my SCS card and confined spaces, coupled with the fact that I going after a few more soon like the diploma in Pipe fitting and sheet metal


No offense intended but what do you mean by diploma? What is it? Does it have any real value if you went to another employeer? Whats a SCS card?

The reason I ask is that I have a number of apprentices in my team but they are all doing ONC / HNC/D and NVQs. I've been away from education for sometime so it interesting to know whats going on.
____________________
https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:32 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
I'm a Psychology lecturer Smile Kitten BA, Msc, PGCE, MIfL


You sure thats spelt right?.





*cheap and easy I know, but thats me*

____________________
https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kitten
Crazy Courier



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
Kitten wrote:
I'm a Psychology lecturer Smile Kitten BA, Msc, PGCE, MIfL


You sure thats spelt right?.





*cheap and easy I know, but thats me*

100% certain, I have to be very careful on CVs and application forms!
I have no children! Wink
____________________
RVF400 (NC35) My baby
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gr82bthe1st
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:33 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichy wrote:
Kitten wrote:
I'm a Psychology lecturer Smile Kitten BA, Msc, PGCE, MIfL


You sure thats spelt right?.





*cheap and easy I know, but thats me*


Laughing
____________________
A2 passed 25/07/2008 --> restriction ended 25/07/2010
Yamaha Neos 50 --> Suzuki GN125 --> Honda CBR600F --> Yamaha MT-07
My bike does not leak... its marking its territory!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:37 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

I.T.
Was a programmer years ago. Got out of that and do networks/servers etc. now.

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

gr82bthe1st
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 30 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:39 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
I.T.
Was a programmer years ago. Got out of that and do networks/servers etc. now.

Mark


I was thinking of going in to programming! what was it like when you were doing programming? although, I know it has changed quite considerably since a couple of years ago, im sure there are some similarities!

Thumbs Up
____________________
A2 passed 25/07/2008 --> restriction ended 25/07/2010
Yamaha Neos 50 --> Suzuki GN125 --> Honda CBR600F --> Yamaha MT-07
My bike does not leak... its marking its territory!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:42 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

What panrider said Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitten wrote:
I'm a Psychology lecturer Smile Kitten BA, Msc, PGCE, MIfL



I wasn't going to post until I read this, I didn't want to be the biggest nerd.
I have a embarassing number of qualifications and manage Metrology and calibration Labs.
____________________
https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TomR6
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:55 - 08 Dec 2008    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trainee Traffic Technician for Local government, getting put through a Civil Engineering onc, hnc and a degree eventually. All paid for by my employer Smile

Aiming to get fully trained and get a Principle Engineer's job.
____________________
2005 Yamaha R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 303 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.29 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 135.22 Kb