|
|
| Author |
Message |
| blindside666 |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 blindside666 Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 30 Sep 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 01:51 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: Weed!? wtf!? |
 |
|
Right weed smokers may wish to ignore this. Time for me to rant.
I remember like a fucking year ago!! Weed was a bad thing =S
I still avoid it and most people who smoke it. We used to call them druggies, stay away from them. I'm a pure person, drink a little. Never smoke, NEVER EVER do weed.
So recently I got invited to a party, weed was on the menu, I turned it down. Then my best friend tells me he does it.
Half of my so called friends are pot-heads...
EDIT: I Have the most awesome girlfriend, before when I had this post saying she told me she smoked it. She was proper winding me up, shes good at that... Any ideas to get her back!?
What the hell is going on with the world? ____________________ Current Bike: Lifan GY125
CBT: 15th June 2008
A2 Passed: 16th October 2008 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SoND |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SoND World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 02:12 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Faldo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Faldo World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Aug 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:17 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
As above, weed is much more commonplace in our society than the 'naives' would have you believe.
I used to smoke shed loads of it at school and for a couple of years after, but then my interest in it just fizzled out. I'll still have the odd toke if it's offered but don't go out of my way to get it.
I had a bit of a similar thing a few years ago when I found out that some of my friends do coke recreationally. For a while I thought it'd be best to avoid said people for a while, but came to realise that it really is their choice and they are still the people that I knew and respected before I found out.
I'd never have coke myself, but now I don't mind friends taking it. Out of respect they don't do it in front of me (that much! ) and they know I won't have any so don't bother offering. They know my thoughts, and I know it's up to them.
Think about it a little. ____________________ Current: ZZR1400
Previous: ZXR 400 L9, ZX-7R P5, ZZR 400, ZX-7R P6, Bandit 600, GSXR 750 Slingshot, DRZ400, DR650, ZX10R C1H, ZXR 750 L1, ZXR 750 L3, '99 ZX7R P4, KTM 300 EXC, ZX-9R E1, TDM850 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fahd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fahd World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 03:18 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
To be honest I tend to see it as a wasters drug. No problem with those who have sorted careers out and such, or people who just smoke when they're out.
But the 16-21 year olds who smoke joints like an average smoker has cigs... well they tend to struggle academically. And I speak from my own personal experience and countless examples of wasted talent I've seen.
@ The OP - You mention you drink. Not to flog the dead horse again (for the millionth time on BCF) too much, but as a little thought experiment;
Which would you prefer to be in a room with?
1) 50 Stoned people
or
2) 50 drunk people
Admittedly you're more likely to get laid in scenario two, and bored in scenario one. But I've yet to see a fight kick off in a room of highly stoned buggers, even when someone has managed to surreptitiously eat all the jammy dodgers  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 03:27 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Agree entirely with Bonny on this. Chronic use of the ganja is bad for motivation, mental dexterity, self worth and generally results in a lot of laziness. I smoked like chimney for 5 years or so, and it definitely was the cause of me failing and quitting uni, and a subsequently painful 2 or three years after that.
I stopped around the time I started to do some difficult professional exams, I doubt I would have got through them if I had been smoking.
Having said that, I do like the occasional smoke with my mates on special occasions - I guess once every three to four months or so. I really would like a nice session at the moment, has been about 8 months since I had some, but I don't see me getting any in the near future.
OP, I find it laughable that you think these are bad people just because they smoke, but yet you say drinking is OK. Why do you think this? If it is just because one is legal and the other isn't, that is a pretty fucking stupid reason IMO. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 07:42 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd suggest that you stop drinking that evil drug known as alcohol as its obviously fried your brain.
funny how the netherlands dont have any of these problems, and they've just concluded in a coffeeshop review that "a ban on cannabis does indeed have more disadvantages than advantages". in their country they don't have any problems with people claiming conditions like mental psychosis are caused by use of killer super ksunk yet anythin over there is far stronger than here.
| Fahd wrote: | The usage of marijuana for recreational use is definitely increasing as it has been for a while (much longer than one year), especially with the 'council flat chav-types' who do it to be 'cool'. |
where did you get that from? since reclassifaction use ahs gone down, offical figures confirm that, and I think the ACMD know far more than you do (even if the governbent do ignore their advice).....
Advice on cannabis is based on evidence
Debra Bell (Letters, November 27) is wrong to imply that cannabis use is on the increase or has become the norm since the government downgraded it to class C in 2004, in line with the advice of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs. Evidence from the National Centre for Social Research suggests a fall in reported use of cannabis in the 11- to 15-year-old age group, from 13.4% to 9.4% in the years 2001-07. Evidence from the British Crime Survey suggests that in the 16- to 24-year-old age group use has declined from a peak in 1998 of 28.2%, to 20.9% in 2006-07, with the sharpest falls following downgrading.
In its recent assessment the ACMD considered all the latest research, including studies focusing on THC and psychosis. Those studies do not provide evidence of a significant or extensive causal link between cannabis use and persistent psychotic symptoms or schizophrenia. Moreover, the fact that such research has ethical approval indicates that the researchers and their regulators are confident that this is not going to happen.
Over-focusing on cannabis classification distracts from the need to offer proper education to young people and to appropriately police and punish the suppliers of illegal drugs.
Ms Bell argues that the role of the drug classification system is to "give comfort" or to "send a message". This is not the case - the drug classification system categorises substances based on their relative harm. It is the duty of scientific advisers to government to describe the evidence as it is, not as lobby groups would want it to be.
Professor David Nutt
Chairman, Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs
link
| Quote: | What the hell is going on with the world? |
pewople read pieces of shit like the daily hate, and believe it without thinking for themselves.
are you on drugs? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kitty kat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kitty kat World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| blindside666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 blindside666 Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 30 Sep 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:41 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Its interesting seeing the different sides of it.
I guess I just posted because I was so damn shocked when I suddenly realized it was everywhere and as common as a pint at the pub.
Their choice not mine obviously, but I've had some pretty fucked up shit related to drugs in my past hence I was so sort of shocked.
Seriously, consider me uneducated and unaware of all this.
"bit mental falling out with everyone just because t hey smoke it and calling them names" Didn't =D I was just like wtf dude?
But yeah I'm coming to terms with it, I guess they all knew I'd had some shit so they didn't tell me or anything before.
LOL I really feel like I've been living under a rock Anything else I missed in the past five years? ____________________ Current Bike: Lifan GY125
CBT: 15th June 2008
A2 Passed: 16th October 2008 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:34 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
If you've had such bad experiences, surely you should be a little more clued up on drugs in society?
Also, are they that good mates, if you didnt even know they smoked weed occasionally?  ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:57 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to smoke huge amounts, buckets, bongs, reef anything that would smoke really.
Now i occasionally puff but its just on nights i can chill out.
I used to love having a little pipe with the missus, whack on a film and really enjoy it. Weed is a wicked drug, but its not a great thing to have in huge amounts regularly, as you get older with more responsabilty etc it can make life difficult and its not because its sends you loopy is because you realise you probably run round like a dick head doing too much.lol
Anyways, getting pished is alright in town, id prefer a smoke at home though, its great in good company or on your own. I love getting kained and making stuff, doesnt matter what it is, electrical stuff, fixing things, all good fun when your wreaked.
Id soon be one friend down if they started harping on like Blindside, he'd do my nut in. I don't really like loud, arrogant drunk jocks, but i wont do anything about it or say a abd word about them if they aint causing me shi*. But yeah as Bonny said, lets say you're in a restaurant...would you rather be sat next to a stag do piss up, or some kainers out for a bit of grub. haha ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| oldpink |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 oldpink World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:39 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| blindside666 wrote: | Its interesting seeing the different sides of it.
I guess I just posted because I was so damn shocked when I suddenly realized it was everywhere and as common as a pint at the pub.
Their choice not mine obviously, but I've had some pretty fucked up shit related to drugs in my past hence I was so sort of shocked.
Seriously, consider me uneducated and unaware of all this.
"bit mental falling out with everyone just because t hey smoke it and calling them names" Didn't =D I was just like wtf dude?
But yeah I'm coming to terms with it, I guess they all knew I'd had some shit so they didn't tell me or anything before.
LOL I really feel like I've been living under a rock  Anything else I missed in the past five years? |
Think you just had a bad experiance and assumed everyone else would to and stop like you did. I do had a few I dont think everyone else will have also and follow my lead. I dont like drugs, but thats my personal opinion and dont hold it against anyone for taking whatever they want. Their bodies, I choose to once to put it into mine and it was up to me to not do it anymore.
I am still shocked you are shocked at the amount that use drugs though, the way the prices of everything is going up a half O will stay the same and eventually become cheaper  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ColdInsomnia |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ColdInsomnia World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Harold_Shand |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Harold_Shand World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chillpill |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chillpill World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:08 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
i defentley see where your comming from bonny , i used too smoke nearly every day now ive cut down to just weekends and every now and then , you dont get better than a fat spliff after a night out on the piss up
i wouldnt say its a waster drug though , going round someones house for a smoking session with a load of mates has been the funniest times in my life  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:33 - 08 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| dragonfly wrote: |
I should ellaborate on that one. I hate being around people on E's. Not that I would fall out with someone for taking them I was there once. Its just a bit annoying the love buzz and crap talk they come out with while I havent a notion what they are on about. Think I need to be on the same level to tolerate it. Which I havnt been for quite a few years and wont ever be again. |
Granted, being around caned people is a nightmare when you're straight. But lets not forget, you straight buggers remember every embaressing thing we say... so the annoyance isn't completely one sided
However, I would imagine every time you go out clubbing you meet or see /someone/ using various other substances, and without ever noticing.
So by some fuzzy logic I've decided its not the drug you dislike, but people babbling at you. Thats totally fine. E-heads are loveable, but if they babble you leave them alone for a bit and wait for them to calm down. Simple  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 304 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|