|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:48 - 09 Dec 2008 Post subject: Lovely day for riding wunnit |
 |
|
I saw the weather forecast before I left the dirty south and it said rain moving southwards through the day. I got back to my mums in Stoke and it started raining so I hung around for an hour hoping it would pass.... it didn't.
2.5 hours/100 miles in really bad rain and cold, my waterproofs gave up about half way home and I became incredibly wet, there was no point in stopping at services, it'd just make it feel worse.
I got home and on my top half I'd been wearing a coat, a fleece, a leather jacket and a t-shirt, every layer was completely soaked all over, I couldn't feel my feet and my jeans under my apprently waterproof trousers were also soaked all over.
That is by far the worst ride I've had to endure in a long time, I had to stick to 60-70 all the way because visibility was so bad, I had one close call where I had to brake and the front locked, cue me diving down white lines instead of stopping like I wanted.
I hate winter and seriously, I couldn't believe it when Hellkat and Anita were complaining about it being cold this morning, I didn't think the north/south would be that different weather wise but they don't have a clue..... bastards.
I'm going bed, it's colder than barrack obama and his mp3 player lying ways (see metro to understand reference). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bofh5 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bofh5 World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Oct 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:05 - 09 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah I rode home at midnight last night from Manchester and had loads of little slides, I opted to sing to keep myself relaxed.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:17 - 10 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I managed to wheelie today. Out of the blue. In third. Out of a speed camera.
:smug mode:
That said, we did get all the snow in October if you recall  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|