|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steve32 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steve32 Trackday Trickster
Joined: 17 May 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:16 - 23 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
when i had a smash in my car about 10years or so ago i had to keep the crashed car until the insurance company got the payout from the other side and the hire car i had was mine until then and my insurance company made the other side pick up the bill for the hire car ____________________ suzuki GSX 600F katana .: ~my bike up for sale~ :.
CBT = Completed
DAS= Working on it - theory test = Passed |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| piazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 piazza Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:30 - 23 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I agree give them fuck all,my mate had a brand new punto for a year put 17000 miles on it
No money no car back what are your insurance doing ?
How did they know you sold it? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| piazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 piazza Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:48 - 23 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I agree give them fuck all,my mate had a brand new punto for a year put 17000 miles on it
No money no car back what are your insurance doing ?
How did they know you sold it? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:01 - 23 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
You need a car, at the other party's expense, until the other party coughs up.
If they have paid you 90% and given you the car as scrap (the other 10%), they've done their bit and you can't expect any more out of them! If you haven't received the 90% yet, you can continue billing them for a hire car so get back onto the hire firm.
You need to get onto the insurer as well as they've obviously written it off and agreed a price - a cheque usually follows pretty swiftly.
If none of them are interested, I suggest ringing an accident recovery company (e.g. helphire) who will be more than happy to help you out with a car as they bill the insurance companies quite handsomely for the pleasure. ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| piazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 piazza Could Be A Chat Bot
Joined: 23 Aug 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:13 - 23 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Don't forget to bill them for the seven weeks without a hire car wtf is that about  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tutton |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tutton World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| syl |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 syl World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 23:01 - 23 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ring helphire. Tell them you haven't sold it, it's been written off* and you have sold the scrap only but you haven't received your payment from the insurance company yet. If you still don't have any luck, get the Yellow Pages and call a solicitor to sort everything out for you.
*I presume "the man" was from the insurance company that is paying out and that you have some proof that you bought the scrap for 10%. ____________________ Current bike: Kawasaki Z750S |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 07:19 - 24 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Evans wrote: | It was my insurance company who came to view the car. The claim has not been settled, I haven't had a penny, so I am still entitled to the car, but they say I'm not. If I say to them I actually do have it, and it isn't sold, then the third parties insurance want to view it themselves. |
So what level of ins did you have. FC , TPFT or TP.
From what you are saying sounds like you are FC, can't see any other reason why your ins co would write the car off. As such your ins co should have sorted (paid out) everything and then argued for a settlement with the other party.
If you are TP/FT then you should not have sold the car till the other party had chance to examine it, could be they might have repaired it.
Hope you have a recipt for the car.... And the fact your ins co came out valued and wrote off the car and gave you permission to sell it....
In Writing.
Or at the very least proof of the accident or i could see the ins co thinking this is attempted fraud against them and not paying a penny.....
Look at it from their side you have no damaged car to prove anything
Something does not sound right with this tale, perhaps starting at the begining with the accident might help shed some light on waht is going on. ____________________ Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am...... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 13:27 - 24 Dec 2008 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was TPFT.
I have the pics to prove the damage, plus the engineers report.
The maximum I am allowed to have the car is a 51 week period, it has currently been 14 weeks-ish.
The third parties insurance company (Norwich Union), won't respond to Helphire in calls or writing. They will leave them hold for 20-30 minutes at a time, then Helphire write to them, and they won't respond. Helphire advised me that they themselves will have to take the car off me because the third party is refusing to pay, and settle the claim, which means Helphire will take this to court and she advised me that if it goes to court, then there can not be use of a hire vehicle because there is no-one to pay for it.
His third party insurance are absolute idiots, and if I am fair, Helphire are not much better (seven weeks to get a car sorted!) and not even ringing the third parties insurance for six days AFTER the accident. It sounds to me like the third parties insurance are just looking for anything to get out of paying for this one. Since the day of this accident, it has been nothing but aggravation, I am fed up of it. They only write to me once every two months to 'update' me. I am so close to just telling them to forget the whole thing. ____________________ Veni Vidi Vici |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lozzypop1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lozzypop1 Certified MILF!

Joined: 04 Jan 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sickpup |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sickpup Old Timer

Joined: 21 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattEMulsion |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattEMulsion World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam.I |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam.I World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 287 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|