|
|
| sv1000 or Fazer 600 |
| SV1000 |
|
74% |
[ 20 ] |
| Fazer 600 |
|
25% |
[ 7 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 27 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| JonT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonT Crazy Courier
Joined: 06 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:36 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: SV1000 vs Fazer 600 |
 |
|
Hey folks, I have owned an sv650 but have not ridden the 1000 nor a fazer600. I know I should go and test ride both but i'd really like it if I could get some opinions from the collective mass of knowledge that is BCF.
Criteria for comparison are (in no particular order)
Comfort on 40 mile commute (in summer, got a car for winter)
Quality of the bike you can get for under £3k
Reliability and servicing costs
https://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Suzuki/SV1000/2003/SV1000S_RHF_Workshop_1024.jpg
https://www.rentabike.org/images/bike_fz600_big.gif
Last edited by JonT on 17:19 - 04 Jan 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| tafflade |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 tafflade Nitrous Nuisance
Joined: 27 Apr 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonT Crazy Courier
Joined: 06 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonT |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonT Crazy Courier
Joined: 06 Feb 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:25 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I am currently without bike
I had to get rid of my bike about 18 months ago to get a car for work. Now that i've saved up a bit of money I want to get back in the game.
I really liked my sv650 the two main problems I had with it were that it didn't have quite enough power and the suspension was far from confidence inspiring, I did feel like it was going to give up at some points :p.
Whatever I get next has to be an upgrade over the sv, the obvious choice is any of the main sports 600s. Yet I want to be able to go to work on the bike in summer (which is 42 miles away) in reasonable comfort. Also its hard to explain but riding a sports 600 (ZXR) felt like it was constantly tempting me to go faster which I should really avoid. I could get a sports 600 and just try and work on my self discipline a little more though  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Thom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Thom World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Oct 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:38 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
SV for me all the way, twin race cans on the thou sounds lovely  ____________________ Current Bike: 1996 Yamaha TRX850 (The Japanese-Ducati One).
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:54 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Fazer will tick all those boxes I reckon but you might miss the V twin grunt. Test ride.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| kitty kat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 kitty kat World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ajb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ajb Crazy Courier
Joined: 14 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr Nice Guy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr Nice Guy World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:08 - 04 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
SV1000 with race cans and WP suspension.  ____________________ Suzuki GSX-R750K4 ~ Mivv GP |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hornetmike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hornetmike World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hmmmnz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hmmmnz Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| quacker_boy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 quacker_boy Cuddle Bitch

Joined: 06 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 00:03 - 05 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
My dad's got an FZ6 07 and I've been riding it daily since being back in Dubai and I've loved every minute of it. The traffic is obviously wank over here so filtering is very easy and at higher speeds it's a fairly flickable sort of thing.
Having swapped bikes with my friend whose got a 6RR 07 I instantly noticed a massive difference in power delivery, handling, body positioning etc and although it's fun to rag around, I can't see it being any fun through traffic. The power on the FZ is fairly measly low down but above 8Kish rpm it pulls fairly well.
It's not an ideal hooning tool though as he's got the completely naked model and anything above sort of 150 kmh becomes fairly painful so in that respect I'd say go for the half faired one or the SV.
Looks wise, the half faired FZ6 falls into the pillow biting category whilst the SV looks like it wants to bite your head off for the fun of it. Reliability wise, only problem I've had in the 2000 km I've covered in two weeks was the gearbox feels a bit funny and occasionally had trouble shifting down from 3rd to 2nd and 1st. And when I said trouble, I mean couldn't shift down at all but that seems to have sorted itself out now.
Only other complaint is the brakes on the FZ6 aren't as sharp as I thought they'd be so I'd of thought some braided hoses and a decent set of pads would be a good investment for it. Can't really comment on fuel economy as things like that aren't taken into account when I can fill up the tank for £3 but it handled being given a good thrashing on a daily basis very well.
So to summarise:
Plus points:
Good fun
Very comfy positioning around town
A giggle to chuck in and out of traffic at faster speeds
Naked version looks cool as penguin piss.
Negative points:
Brakes could do some with some lovin'
Gearbox...sometimes.
Hope that helps a bit mate  ____________________ wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 275 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|