 nick.h World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Sep 2004 Karma :     
|
|
 Makaveli_Rydah Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Karma :  
|
|
 Courageous Borekit Bruiser

Joined: 25 Jan 2006 Karma :    
|
|
 ColdInsomnia World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:12 - 16 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
For £400 you could build your own computer and have some pretty impressive specs.
For example, I spent about £500 a few months ago and built the following system;
2.4Ghz Quad Core Processor (Q6600)
3Gig RAM
ATI PowerColor HD4870
500G Hard Drive
Obviously the price of this sort of setup would vary depending on the quality of the RAM you buy, the motherboard, whether you go for an AMD or Intel processor, etc. But you should easily be able to build a comparable system for £400... and the great thing about PC's is that you can just upgrade them bit by bit as you have the funds.
If you're new to building PC's, check this website out;
https://buildyourown.org.uk
Very well explained - you do need a little bit of common sense and some degree of computer knowledge does help but in all honesty it's very easy.
HTH  ____________________ Yamaha YB100 | Yamaha TZR125 | Yamaha XJ600S | Suzuki GSF600
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
John Lennon |
|
 s44678 Guest
|
|