|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Hex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hex Party Boy

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:09 - 30 Jan 2009 Post subject: No credit card statements for over 4 months!! |
 |
|
Hi All
Im in a bit of a strange position and I have no idea what to do, please bear with me.
I have an EGG credit card which of course is paperless and you check your statements online. Now for over 4 months I have not been able to access these statements.
The account shows none of my previous statements which used to be there, shows none of my cash back earned on the account (which it used to) and every month I get an email telling me my new statement is available for me to view.. which it isn't.
It isn't a PC problem as I have tried to access my account from a number of different pcs and the egg money manager still shows a ballance for the card and shows all my other accounts without issue (including an egg savings account).
I have raised this with egg via their secure email system and after a number of emails back and forth telling me it was a "technical problem" that would be resolved in a day or so that was affecting a lot of accounts nothing happened.
Again more emails I was given a ticket number for my problem that I was told I would be updated about, also told they would post me paper copies (at no extra cost - wow thanks)
A couple of weeks passed and nothing again, no paper statements etc. Yet another email telling my statement was available to view online, which of course it wasnt.
So I wrote them a letter, including all the previous correspondence. Simply asking for my statements and asking that any interest charges that had been applied be removed etc.
I am still making the minimum payment but I refused to pay the full amount untill I can check all transactions. normally the account is settled in full every month. in fact in all the time I have had the account it has never not been untill I had not been able to access a statement.
Now its been nearly 8 weeks or so since they acknowledged my letter and then I even had a letter off then about 4 weeks later telling me they still hadnt resolved my complaint.
I wasnt complaining, I just want my statements!
What is my next course of action? Financial Ombusman? What will they be able to do?
Why is this happening? Have they lost the details of my account?
Cheers for any input and sticking with this till the end, guess I just want peoples opinions really, as I find this unbelievable!
Gav. ____________________ The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:36 - 30 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The police have frozen your account due to the high amounts of extreme porn you have been buying  ____________________ It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:21 - 30 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Legally you have to be supplied with a statement for any credit.
I would contact the banking Ombusman, but i think you will be refered back to egg, till you get a responce from them, or 12 weeks are reached.
Last letter from then will be the holding letter they need to send under the BO regulations.
If they were to refund the interest it would be a GOGW on their part.
You should have a fair idea of what you have spent....
People are supposed to keep reciepts for purchases and be anal enough to match them off. ____________________ Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am...... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:59 - 31 Jan 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Consider contacting the FSA as well?? ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hex Party Boy

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:38 - 01 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah I will be in touch with the ombusman by the end of this coming week I guess if my statements dont materialise, as it will of been the alloted amount of time.
I know whats been spent on the cards and I know none if it to be fraudulent just I really need the statements for my business use cross reference.
The moneys sat there waiting to be paid I just refuse to untill Im supplied with my statements. After all how do I know what I actuall owe them to pay? Which transactions ended up on which statement etc?
When it was obviouse to me they had a real problem in supplying my statements I just went out and got another credit card and stopped using that one.
Just seems something is either really wrong on their system regarding my account, or they are been stupid.
All good fun.  ____________________ The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|