Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


No credit card statements for over 4 months!!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 30 Jan 2009    Post subject: No credit card statements for over 4 months!! Reply with quote

Hi All

Im in a bit of a strange position and I have no idea what to do, please bear with me.

I have an EGG credit card which of course is paperless and you check your statements online. Now for over 4 months I have not been able to access these statements.

The account shows none of my previous statements which used to be there, shows none of my cash back earned on the account (which it used to) and every month I get an email telling me my new statement is available for me to view.. which it isn't.

It isn't a PC problem as I have tried to access my account from a number of different pcs and the egg money manager still shows a ballance for the card and shows all my other accounts without issue (including an egg savings account).

I have raised this with egg via their secure email system and after a number of emails back and forth telling me it was a "technical problem" that would be resolved in a day or so that was affecting a lot of accounts nothing happened.
Again more emails I was given a ticket number for my problem that I was told I would be updated about, also told they would post me paper copies (at no extra cost - wow thanks)

A couple of weeks passed and nothing again, no paper statements etc. Yet another email telling my statement was available to view online, which of course it wasnt.

So I wrote them a letter, including all the previous correspondence. Simply asking for my statements and asking that any interest charges that had been applied be removed etc.

I am still making the minimum payment but I refused to pay the full amount untill I can check all transactions. normally the account is settled in full every month. in fact in all the time I have had the account it has never not been untill I had not been able to access a statement.

Now its been nearly 8 weeks or so since they acknowledged my letter and then I even had a letter off then about 4 weeks later telling me they still hadnt resolved my complaint.
I wasnt complaining, I just want my statements!

What is my next course of action? Financial Ombusman? What will they be able to do?

Why is this happening? Have they lost the details of my account?

Cheers for any input and sticking with this till the end, guess I just want peoples opinions really, as I find this unbelievable!

Gav.
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 30 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The police have frozen your account due to the high amounts of extreme porn you have been buying Twisted Evil
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 30 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legally you have to be supplied with a statement for any credit.

I would contact the banking Ombusman, but i think you will be refered back to egg, till you get a responce from them, or 12 weeks are reached.
Last letter from then will be the holding letter they need to send under the BO regulations.

If they were to refund the interest it would be a GOGW on their part.

You should have a fair idea of what you have spent....
People are supposed to keep reciepts for purchases and be anal enough to match them off.
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:59 - 31 Jan 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider contacting the FSA as well??
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:38 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I will be in touch with the ombusman by the end of this coming week I guess if my statements dont materialise, as it will of been the alloted amount of time.

I know whats been spent on the cards and I know none if it to be fraudulent just I really need the statements for my business use cross reference.

The moneys sat there waiting to be paid I just refuse to untill Im supplied with my statements. After all how do I know what I actuall owe them to pay? Which transactions ended up on which statement etc?

When it was obviouse to me they had a real problem in supplying my statements I just went out and got another credit card and stopped using that one.

Just seems something is either really wrong on their system regarding my account, or they are been stupid.

All good fun. Laughing
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 01 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't the Egg offices in Merry Hill, I know Andy (going2fast) used to work there. Go pay them a visit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.94 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 51.22 Kb