|
|
| How have you been treated as a new member... have people been friendly towards you? |
| Yes, everyone has been friendly |
|
66% |
[ 34 ] |
| Yes, apart from a few members |
|
19% |
[ 10 ] |
| Moderately, some members have been friendly, some not so |
|
3% |
[ 2 ] |
| No, only a few members have been friendly |
|
7% |
[ 4 ] |
| No, no one has been friendly |
|
1% |
[ 1 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 51 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kris World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:42 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
How are you going to ask the ones that didn't stick around?
 ____________________ NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:44 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
Im sure they will vote before leaving, anway, we dont care about the opinions of people who have left as they have no effect on the forums, we want to know how the n00bies who are sticking around feel. .
Luke |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:44 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Judging by the number of new members, there's problem some around that /won't/ stick around, but will have joined recently .
I think the issue was more that people were leaving after a month or so of occasional posting. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| karen_moomin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 karen_moomin World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Apr 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:47 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
When I joined the forum, I posted a topic introducing myself and also being honest about being new to bikes. Loads of people replied welcoming me which was cool and I'm learning lots just through logging on everyday and browsing through the posts. A couple of people have annoyed me with their attitude and comments on here, but other than that everyone seems friendly, welcoming and happy to help with any questions.
As a newbie of any site it takes time to fit in, get to know people and get as much out of it as you'd like. You just have to stick around and give it time. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hush |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hush Scooby Slapper

Joined: 04 Apr 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:13 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I certainly wasn't spurned...
To be honest, I think its like anywhere, people get protective if you come in an don't try to get on with people. No body likes being a memeber of a forum for someone to come in on their first post saying Hey I'm a memeber of this forum, its about the same thing as yours but better...
I can't recall my first post, but I do remember thinking that I liked the response, and that the board was nice.
I can't say people have said 'well done, you've made it and been accepted', but then I figured the increasing green dots as good as say that. The people here really do seem to be the kind of crowd where people are not examined to decided whether to be accepted, everyone seems to be very much, if you get on with us, you're one of us... RESISTANCE IS FUTILE (sorry had to lighten the mood).
I like this forum, and I think the majority of people here are great. It is just like starting a new job, you make friends as you go along. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| priller |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 priller Brolly Dolly

Joined: 26 Jan 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sash |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sash Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 06 Feb 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:26 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm still getting the feel fo this forum and dont tend to post alot, just spend my lunch hour reading whats going on, 'getting to know folk' and only chipping in when I feel the need to add my two cents - which I've noticed has a tendency to kill some topics - *note to self "find more items of interest!
I like this forum, much better than some I've been on and agree with karen that everyone seems friendly. ____________________ Traded in Gsxr 400 for VFR400. Need artistic inspiration! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam_P World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:28 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can't really say that people haven't been good to me (am I still classed as a newbie?) but I did get the feeling that maybe some of the questions that I asked might have been a bit 'simple' for some of the more experienced riders on here. And I probably have been a bit wary of meeting up with people as I haven't been riding very long so have wanted to get some milage under my belt before going out with people who are a lot more experienced and faster than I am.
There have been a couple of times where I'd got some short sharp sarcastic replies to posts that I actually wanted help on, but nothing malicious. But that didn't make me feel like I fitted in, just that I needed more time.
However... I wouldn't let anything like that stop me from posting on the forum. If people decided that they didn't like me just for what they've read in my posts and threads without actually meeting me, then I'd not give them the time of day!
I'm looking forward to actually meeting people on here, it's just time, work and (at the minute) being in the country to be able to do it!!!
I might be able to get to Cadwell for the track day on the 11th, if anyone here minds a noob turning up and taking the pi.. er, I mean having a look.
Besides, I wouldn't want to not come on here. You have Keith, who is the all time God of bike repair and knowledge!  ____________________ Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MikeyC |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MikeyC World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Aug 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:04 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
^^^^^ I agree  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sv_cath |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sv_cath Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:08 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh I feel really bad now I've stirred this up!
I didn't want to cause any bad feeling! Just to check that I wasn't intruding on a club that didn't really want any new members!
Now I've found that the majority of you are lovely folk who've made me more than welcome I feel a lot happier about things, and I've put a post on the excursions forum coz I'm hoping to meet some of you at the MotoGP at Donington in July!
Cheers,
Cath |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| priller |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 priller Brolly Dolly

Joined: 26 Jan 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Craig_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Craig_ Trackday Trickster

Joined: 06 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:14 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
No they were nasty, ignored me, and were very mean, especially that G bloke, and that Stew guy!
When i joined all was fine, but i must admit things have changed slightly. ____________________ VAG Cars - www.vagcars.co.uk - North East VAG Owners Club |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| daveiw |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 daveiw Nova Slayer

Joined: 12 May 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:19 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Only just joined, seems ok so far.......  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hush |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hush Scooby Slapper

Joined: 04 Apr 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| atom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 atom Scooby Slapper

Joined: 26 Apr 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Annabella |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Annabella Like a person, only smaller

Joined: 03 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JimboJ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JimboJ Manc Pikey

Joined: 23 Aug 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:49 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| awj72 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 awj72 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 10 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:56 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Only signed up initially for a quick question about my theory test, was astounded by the speed & amount of replies sticking around, as learning a lot from the long-timers here cheers guys  ____________________ Woe to you, o earth & sea, for the devil sends the beast with wrath............
(my ebay clearout...... https://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZawj72QQhtZ-1 ) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:57 - 13 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's not always that people are actually ignoring you... just that they've got a limited time to reply to posts and there's a whole load of different posts to reply to now-a-days. Especially with easy to ignore sections like new bikers and The workshop . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| silent |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 silent Scooby Slapper
Joined: 10 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 149 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|