|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:19 - 26 Feb 2009 Post subject: Perrys Peugeout in Portsmouth!! |
 |
|
I took my van to Perrys Peugeot in Portsmouth back in mid December for an MOT as I was looking to sell the van due to a new purchase.
They done the MOT and called me up a bit later saying bad news its failed!
They then quoted me around £1850 to fix the van and for it to pass MOT!!
Obviously I was distraught as the van only cost me £2000 a year before and was effectively written off.
I left the van on the road until the tax ran out then its been clogging up my drive since... all this time I've been desperate to sell the van as it's £2k sat around being un-used, with the added risk of it being stolen as it wasn't insured...
I did consider fixing it myself, ordered some of the parts but they didn't turn up and I still haven't got my money back
Anyway, I decided FUCK IT get it into the garage so it went to my neighbours garage today for MOT and to carry out all the work at a more reasonable cost (perrys over-quoted big time and the new garage done a prelim quote of around £600 using pattern parts)
I've just had a phone call.
Perrys price - £1850
Their price - £45.21
I am fucking LIVID!
Perrys quoted for £700 + labour for a cat convertor, of which mines passed a smoke test no problem!!!
They quoted £350 + labour for front wishbones due to excessive play... I have now been told that there is a bit of play but its by no means excessive and won't fail an MOT!
Same for the rear wishbones.
ALL it needed to pass was a rear brake light. It's got a few advisories but nothing other than general wear and tear and ALL within limits to pass an MOT!
I don't understand where Perrys got their £1850 from and can only think they believe I'm a fool or something! Imagine if I paid for the work to be done??
Anyone know where I stand now? I am planning on complaining. I doubt I'll get anything out of it but if they do this to me then what about other people? what if they do it to an old lady who needs her car and has no choice but to pay up??
Should I just go into the garage or should I do it all via writing to their head office?
It's worth noting that it failing has meant its been sat uninsured on my drive for 3 months risking theft, it now has no tax, whereas when I wanted to sell it it was stil taxed and insured and would have been easier to sell and ive had to park my new car on a public road  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:20 - 26 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Letter to the local paper, as little old ladies tend not to frequent internet forums. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MonkeyKnuckle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MonkeyKnuckle World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:01 - 26 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers.
I'll make sure I steer well clear of them in the future.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bikeless |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bikeless World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:16 - 26 Feb 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Aye my car is very much due a service, but I don't know any decent independent garages in Coventry.  ____________________ Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MattHirst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MattHirst World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Drew |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Drew Banned
Joined: 09 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Chriss |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Chriss World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 224 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|