|
|
| If a car driver waved at you...what would you do? |
| Wave back |
|
53% |
[ 22 ] |
| Ignore them |
|
36% |
[ 15 ] |
| Give them the finger |
|
9% |
[ 4 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 41 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| AcIdBuRnZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AcIdBuRnZ World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:47 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: What would you do? |
 |
|
Hi,
I was in Perth yesterday with my girlfriend and on the way home she decided that she was going to wave at all the motorbikes on the way home to see if any of them waved back.....
There must have been in excess of 25 bikes and not one waved back. Needless to say she was upset by this!!!
So - if a car driver waved at you what would you do? (after all he could be a biker).
Mark ____________________ Past: Honda NSR125R >> Kawasaki ER-5a2 >> Kawasaki ZZR-600e1 >> Suzuki GSXR-750Y >> Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
"Chickity China the Chinese Chicken..." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:50 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: Re: What would you do? |
 |
|
Did the bikes even notice her? They may well have been paying attention to what the /drivers/ of cars are doing as well as the rest of the road.
I have got nods from bikes when I've waved in my car... but only do so if I've got bikes on a trailer, so it's fairly obvious I'm a biker . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sv_cath |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sv_cath Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:55 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Wave back? Personally I like to keep all of my limbs where they should be, because that is the best way to control the bike. If someone waves I usually nod or grin (if they are close enough to see).
I'm not surprised that none of them waved though!  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ninja |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ninja Caption Abuser

Joined: 22 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:57 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd probably wave back at them if I noticed. I think you'd have to actually have your arm out the window and wave for one of them to actually notice you though. I can't say I ever look into car windows as they're driving by. I get little kids waving to me aswell. I wave back to them too. ____________________ Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:00 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'll wave at little children, cos they seem to get an immense amount of pleasure out of it.
If a grown up waved at me, I'd assume they were telling me something was wrong.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McJamweasel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McJamweasel BCF Junkie

Joined: 22 Mar 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:17 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
No wouldn't wave back really.
Sometimes if a kids waving I would but I felt really guilty after yesterday as some little kid at a petrol station was watching me get back on my bike and kept waving and I just ignored him I now feel guilty and sorry little kid for not waving, I will do next time.
But I wouldn't wave to a car, the only time I expect to be waved at by a car is if theres a) a problem or b) they are warning me of a speed trap/accident/police up ahead or waving to say it's safe to overtake.
I almost always stick my hand out when over-taking to say thank you (unless I'm at warp speed and too busy holding on) sometimes you look at prat though as I've stuck my arm out to wave after overtaking at speed, then your arm goes flying backwards from the wind force and you end up looking stupid  ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AcIdBuRnZ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AcIdBuRnZ World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Jul 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sash |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sash Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 06 Feb 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:26 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I wave a kids to, whether they are in a car or at the side of road.
But I'd think there was/I'd done something wrong if a 'grown up' did the same. Thats assuming I'd notice them as I never look into cars unless they've done something to p!ss me off!
Went pillion yesterday, had to stop myself waving at other bikes, maybe I should start a trend, not that intend being pillion again for a while  ____________________ Traded in Gsxr 400 for VFR400. Need artistic inspiration! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Adam_P |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Adam_P World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jan 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:56 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
There was a couple on a tourer and the pillion waved at me the other week as she was warning me about a scamera van further up the road.
I thought that was really nice as I'd started to wind the throttle back too
But then, I was on my bike, whether they would do the same to the car drivers, I don't know. ____________________ Colin McRae MBE 1968 - 2007 RIP
Orwell Rolls in his Grave
God is imaginary |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| dainesefreak |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 dainesefreak World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Apr 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| zaknafien |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 zaknafien

Joined: 25 Mar 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Key Walshe |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Key Walshe Nova Slayer

Joined: 08 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:08 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
The same as most above - if a person in a car that I don't recognise waves I'd presume it was because of something further up the road, wether it be an accident or a speed trap so I'd slow down and wouldn't wave, maybe nod or give the thumbs up if there's time to try to say 'thank you' to them for letting me know.
And most of the time I can't see into cars coming towards me due to the slight tinting or coating many of them have these days as it reflects the light sunlight making it hard to make things out in cars - not that I'm looking anyways, as I'm looking ahead. But if I can I'll always wave to a kid who waves to me as I go past, wether they're at the side of the road or in the back of a vehicle as I remember when I was a kid and would do this and it would make my journey most of the time so I like to think they feel the same. ____________________ My Bike pics - https://www.bikepics.com/members/cagivamito2001
Current Bikes: Aprilia Rs250 (1998) Cagiva Mito Evo2 (2001) Suzuki RGV250 race bike & a Senior TKM100 race kart
Previous Bikes: Aprilia Rs125 Harada Identikit (2001) Aprilia Rs50 Harada (2000) Aprilia Rs50 Rossi (1999) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| headlamp |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 headlamp World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 Nov 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Korn |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Korn Admin

Joined: 01 Feb 2002 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 17:11 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Always smile / wave / wheelie for the little kids in cars, they go nuts over it and if it causes one of them to get into biking in the future - wahay, all the better  ____________________ 3516 Miles, 11 Countries |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 17:41 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
<nauseatingly sweet story>
When me and G and Ste did the xmas present run last year, there were loads of people out to watch and wave. There was a little girl (about 4 or 5 years old) sticking her hand out to everyone looking for a high five, and all the grumpy christian bikers (for it was a christian biker run) were ignoring her and just riding past. So I slowed down and managed to give her hand a slap as I went past - never seen a kid look so happy.
</nauseatingly sweet story>
There was a little kid in my old street who's poor mother had to physically drag him past my bike in the mornings, cos he would refuse to move until I'd ridden off. Apparently he liked the CBR better than the CB cos this one's yellow.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:04 - 17 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
Awww so sweet, I always get kids gawping at my bike outside sainsburies, the mums always come back about 30 secs later to drag them away .
Luke |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| silent |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 silent Scooby Slapper
Joined: 10 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:22 - 18 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
not all christian are muppets....i am one and would probably try and give the kid a high five...but im nice
As for responding to those who wave i will nod if i see em and the wave isnt frantic like a warning wave.
However most of the kids find it funny to throw stones at my head moree than waving.... one day ill chase the little blighters and give em a hiding!
Andy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| priller |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 priller Brolly Dolly

Joined: 26 Jan 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ProXimaCore |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ProXimaCore Dougal

Joined: 01 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:36 - 18 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think the only wave that would work from a car driver to a biker would be a thumbs up out the window.  ____________________ Honda NSR125R -> Suzuki GSXR400R GK76a -> Kawasaki ZX636 B1H -> Honda CBR400RR NC29 -> Nothing  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Claud 14.7 to 1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Claud 14.7 to 1 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ant |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ant World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Feb 2003 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|