Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Mobile Phone Companies

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Chriss
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 28 Feb 2009    Post subject: Mobile Phone Companies Reply with quote

Hi! My wife's contracts nearly up, so she needs a new one. We're currently with Three, good enough deal, customer service is a huge problem.

Eventually, you do get what you want most of the time, but I am sick and tired of dealing with Indian call centres (I know, I know, I'm a racist. Rolling Eyes ).

I'd rather deal with rude people with a British accent and get my point across, than polite people who struggle to understand a word I say, and vica versa.

Anyway! Which mobile phone companies use *only* British call centres? Any of these you suggest avoiding like the plague, if so, for what reason?

Thanks in advance!
____________________
TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

eddyh
Nova Slayer



Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:26 - 28 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think o2 have a good deal on atm, 800 min and unlimited txts for £20, but that might be without a free phone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 28 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had a problem with Orange call centres.
____________________
Yamaha YZF-R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 28 Feb 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

02 all the way!
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:18 - 01 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattEMulsion wrote:
I've never had a problem with Orange call centres.


I've never had a problem with them in terms of understanding.

However, they are complete muppetts. Whenever I ask for anything to be done (activate home broadband, cancel home broadband, refund money for a service they never provided, apply PAC code to a new account, cancel account and give me a PAC code) they never do it. They swear blind that they have, but that's no substitute for actually doing something.

O2 were pretty good, can't remember if they were Indian or not. I think it was a UK call center when I did need to speak to them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:56 - 01 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:

O2 were pretty good, can't remember if they were Indian or not. I think it was a UK call center when I did need to speak to them.


Its a UK call centre the next town over O2 has a huge call centre there about 75% of the working population work for 02.

Ironically that area is somewhat heavy on Indian and Pakistani immigration 3rd or 4th generation mind and thus it probably was an indian but anglacised.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:04 - 01 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:
I've never had a problem with them in terms of understanding.

However, they are complete muppetts...

I've never had a problem really with Orange, well certainly no bad experiences that have made me want to switch networks. But there again I am quite a simple customer, I don't often have to call them to do anything with or to my account. Most of the times I have spoken to them (because I have been an Orange customer for a good few years now) they have usually been located in the North East of England judging by their accents.
____________________
Yamaha YZF-R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:23 - 01 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange customer service is generally very good. In fact I have never had any problems with Orange.

Three would be a fantastic network if it wasn't for the poor customer service.

I think i'm going to go with o2 next, even tempted to plow for a 24 month contract cause there are some good deals going on, unlimited texts for £15 anybody?
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 02 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange were shite beyond belief for me, and my parents (they sold them and charged them for Broadband when it wasn't available in our area at all..)

O2 are fantastic, I can't recommend them enough.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

t121anf
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 02 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

orange i believe is up the road from me in sunderland.

vodafone is in ireland and are great.

just moved from 3 to Vodafone, reception is so much better and customer services are brilliant
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:15 - 03 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on vodaphone for ages, customer service is great. Orange are fucking dire with there recpetion, I have had 2 mates leave them because they cannot get signal where they live/work and my dads (Orange) phone doesn't work at home. We don't live in the sticks either only 15 miles from central London.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

djr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 03 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
robby wrote:

O2 were pretty good, can't remember if they were Indian or not. I think it was a UK call center when I did need to speak to them.


Its a UK call centre the next town over O2 has a huge call centre there about 75% of the working population work for 02.

Ironically that area is somewhat heavy on Indian and Pakistani immigration 3rd or 4th generation mind and thus it probably was an indian but anglacised.


What you saying... slough's a lovely area Rolling Eyes Laughing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

mooserx
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:34 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

3=shat
orange=not so shat, but still a bit shat.
O2=fair.
voda=toss.

these are just my experiences, personal preference rules on this one, but i find the muppetness to be much of a muchness across all phone providers. what with the indian call centres, "thank you so much for supplying that information today sir, i can surely help you" and the incompetence of other call centre workers saying they'll do something and the not doing it, its a bit of a lottery.
Penny Coin Penny Coin
____________________
TL1000r-handful.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:13 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I hate 3 customer services I am tempted by a deal that they have on at the moment.

New Sony Ericsson C510, 200 free minutes any network, unlimited minutes 3-3 calls (my fiancée is on 3), unlimited texts, unlimited internet all for £20 a month!
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chriss
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:24 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's those sort of deals that got me with three in the first place. But honestly, you get what you pay for. Customer service really is awful.

I was asking about getting my phone unlocked, and they were going on about canceling my contract. They didn't understand I was happy to not unlock my phone, and wanted to stay in my contract, but wanted to find out the price. They failed to comprehend this. Also, their "unlimited" internet blocks quite a few websites, including BCF, so there's a little work getting round it all.
____________________
TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really browse BCF on the move, if I am in a Wifi area, I use my iPod Touch, just comes in handy for football scores on the move.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NSR Mick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange broadband and Orange mobile are different groups.

I have had no issue with Orange whatsoever mobile wise. they even let me change my contract before I had even made the 1st payment.
____________________
If you dont like the way that I ride.......Stop trying to keep up!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used T-mobile for ages now. They seem fine and do what i want. seems that there rates are higher than those posted on here but that might be me just not haggling enough.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:51 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been with 02 for 4 years now - Never really had a problem and I think I've only spoken to 2 people who I couldnt understand.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chriss
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:17 - 04 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise wrote:
Been with 02 for 4 years now - Never really had a problem and I think I've only spoken to 2 people who I couldnt understand.


Foreigners or just difficult accents?
____________________
TheShaggyDA: I've got 3 or 4 pairs that predate my wife, so at least 11.5 years old.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 216 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.8 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 108.48 Kb