Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Vasectomy's and Genetic Counselling

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Vasectomy's and Genetic Counselling Reply with quote

Does anyone on here work for the NHS or have experience regarding vasectomys?
I am 21 years old and I know a lot will say that I may change my mind later in life, blah blah. However, I have known since I was a young boy that I never intend to have kids, furthermore I could never be responsible enough to raise any.
My girlfriend of 3 years is 25 and feels the same about children, neither of us trust in condoms and she is coming off birth control as it has had side effects of reduced sexual desire, yes it is the birth control, not my beer belly.
We have discussed vasectomy and I agree it seems like a good choice, but as I said I am 21, no kids. Private doctors probably wouldn't do it let alone the NHS, that is why I need an edge.
Cue genetic counselling. Yes, it is a long shot, hoping that I carry a recessive condition that would warrant counselling, but my families medical history is shit enough that I reckon there'll be something!

So does anyone know of any conditions that may persuade an NHS doctor to consider performing a vasectomy on someone like myself?
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:58 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not commenting on the rights / wrongs.


You could always try an overseas clinic , Thailand has plenty of them and so has India.

But hey as a final safey measure I'd probably get some baby batter frozen JUST in case.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MaybeGuy
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:04 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut a hole in your microwave door

stick your balls in

30 seconds on high in a 500w microwave
20 seconds in an 800w microwave
____________________
Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!! Mr. Green
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

OssY
Nearly there...



Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words KNIFE and GENITALS... they really do not go together
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously haven't heard of a no scalpel vasectomy Laughing
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nicky-Jano
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:05 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long has she been on this pill?
They take time to settle down and get used too.
Another option would be the mirena coil for her, it has tiny amounts of hormones so won't affect her at all and lasts for 5 years.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:30 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew a chap that had a vasectomy at 21, he also felt that he never wanted kids.

I had mine done about 9 years ago a year after my youngest was born, at the Nuffield for about £200

They asked me a few probing questions about the future, like I can tell, and then got on with it.

Give them a call you never know they might help you out, if they fail try the Ramsey.
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:24 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Stinkwheel will do it for a pint.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Robby
Dirty Old Man



Joined: 16 May 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:34 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but he always insists on shoving the thermometer up your arse.
Then his penis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicky-Jano wrote:
How long has she been on this pill?
They take time to settle down and get used too.
Another option would be the mirena coil for her, it has tiny amounts of hormones so won't affect her at all and lasts for 5 years.


3 years. Negative effects in the past year or so.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:36 - 08 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

robby wrote:
Yeah, but he always insists on shoving the thermometer up your arse.
Then his penis.


Then his arm?
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

OssY
Nearly there...



Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:26 - 09 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
robby wrote:
Yeah, but he always insists on shoving the thermometer up your arse.
Then his penis.


Then his arm?


I think i have seen that movie...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:34 - 09 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

OssY wrote:
I think i have seen that movie...


Aye, but has anyone seen his watch?
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nicky-Jano
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 20 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:09 - 09 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muzza wrote:
Nicky-Jano wrote:
How long has she been on this pill?
They take time to settle down and get used too.
Another option would be the mirena coil for her, it has tiny amounts of hormones so won't affect her at all and lasts for 5 years.


3 years. Negative effects in the past year or so.



If she's been taking the same hormone pill for 3 years and it's only a year ago she lost her sex drive then it's nothing to do with the pill.
Negative effects are usually only in the first 6 months of taking the pill, then your body settles down.
Go ask a doctor and they will tell you the same thing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 09 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is depo-provera. Not pill but injection. Don't know if that makes a difference but I told her before to go see a specialist to see if it's something else but she's shy and embarassed. She stopped the injections about 8 months ago and she still isn't back to normal, periods and whatnot. I'm almost past the point of being sympathetic and I may have to just leave her soon, even if I do get a vasectomy. Though moving back to my mum's will be hard as she doesn't have a spare shed or garage for my bikes. Sad Also my brother nicked my room and it was bigger. Cnut.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:50 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsprattuk wrote:
cut a hole in your microwave door

stick your balls in

30 seconds on high in a 500w microwave
20 seconds in an 800w microwave


There's a funny smell? How do I know if it worked properly?

Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing
____________________
Love is 1050cc Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:24 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy one of these and crack one off.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ajb
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:17 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand.

You are young, and despite what anyone says, you can't predict how you will feel/what will happen in the future.

There are simplier and reversable methods (such as pill/coil) that are far more practical.

Your GIRLFRIEND is shy so you feel you have to effectively have YOUR bollocks chopped off?

You are considering LEAVING HER ? (but havent because you need somewhere secure to store your bike)


Dude..........
____________________
CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajb wrote:
I don't understand.

You are young, and despite what anyone says, you can't predict how you will feel/what will happen in the future.


I knew by the time I was 15 I didn't want kids. At 30, I had the snip. I'm 42 now and still don't want them. My predicition is holding pretty well so far, and I don't see it changing any time soon. If I get the sudden urge to have a millstone, I can alway adopt.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

beast rider
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy at work wanted a vasectomy after his second child, he went to the Dr and the Dr said there would be some councling and quite a wait

The guy from work turned around and said " look... either you do this properly and soon or i go home, do it myself and you can clean up the mess."

funnily enough he had an appointment two weeks later.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:42 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajb wrote:
I don't understand.

You are young, and despite what anyone says, you can't predict how you will feel/what will happen in the future.

There are simplier and reversable methods (such as pill/coil) that are far more practical.

Your GIRLFRIEND is shy so you feel you have to effectively have YOUR bollocks chopped off?

You are considering LEAVING HER ? (but havent because you need somewhere secure to store your bike)


Dude..........


I've never claimed to be a rational man. I'm not wanting snipped for her, it's for me, didn't mean it to come across as I'm just doing it for her.
Here is my logic: Vasectomy will decrease greatly chances of an accidental pregnancy. If the intentions of the accidental pregnantee are to NOT abort said unborn child, then like it or not I will have to be a father. I don't want to be a father, I have other plans, and therefore my feelings towards both child and mother will be resentful. Now tell me, would you be happy if the world was full of children resented by their fathers/mothers? No, it would be awful.
My ego is not so inclined as to need to pass on my seed, I haven't got delusions of grandeur and I accept that I would be a terrible influence on a child. I hate all children and babies, related to me, or just that annoying sprog on the bus. Infact, I would go as far as saying the world upsets me, with unruly children and bad parents, I don't want to be a part of that culture. I won't change my mind, I have never been surer of anything.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:08 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muzza wrote:
Now tell me, would you be happy if the world was full of children resented by their fathers/mothers?


as opposed to a world where parents are resented by their children? Twisted Evil

Back on track, the whole put some baby batter on ice isn't a bad idea, things do change. Even if you don't change you may find yourself with someone who does want kids and love them enough to have them.

Vasectomys are difficult to obtain for men at your age without children because of the above reasons, but it is possible. You just need to be really sure about it, and be clear that you ae doing it for yhou not because your girlfriend isn't mature enough to discuss her birth control with her Doctor
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Itchy
Super Spammer



Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:25 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said as a backup get some of the baby batter frozen , costs £200 a year to put it in storage in an NHS facility, as said if you do change your mind then you have a chance to rectify it, if you don't its a few £££ down the pan.
____________________
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.83 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.37 Kb