|
|
| Author |
Message |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:54 - 08 Mar 2009 Post subject: Vasectomy's and Genetic Counselling |
 |
|
Does anyone on here work for the NHS or have experience regarding vasectomys?
I am 21 years old and I know a lot will say that I may change my mind later in life, blah blah. However, I have known since I was a young boy that I never intend to have kids, furthermore I could never be responsible enough to raise any.
My girlfriend of 3 years is 25 and feels the same about children, neither of us trust in condoms and she is coming off birth control as it has had side effects of reduced sexual desire, yes it is the birth control, not my beer belly.
We have discussed vasectomy and I agree it seems like a good choice, but as I said I am 21, no kids. Private doctors probably wouldn't do it let alone the NHS, that is why I need an edge.
Cue genetic counselling. Yes, it is a long shot, hoping that I carry a recessive condition that would warrant counselling, but my families medical history is shit enough that I reckon there'll be something!
So does anyone know of any conditions that may persuade an NHS doctor to consider performing a vasectomy on someone like myself? ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:58 - 08 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not commenting on the rights / wrongs.
You could always try an overseas clinic , Thailand has plenty of them and so has India.
But hey as a final safey measure I'd probably get some baby batter frozen JUST in case. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MaybeGuy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MaybeGuy Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Mar 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:04 - 08 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
cut a hole in your microwave door
stick your balls in
30 seconds on high in a 500w microwave
20 seconds in an 800w microwave ____________________ Blue_SV650S wrote: it was a sh1te wheelie, but it proves that he can get it up in 3rd and can do angles. In summery, mattsprattuk is a gobby little sh1tebag, dopehead tw4t, but sadly for all of us, he probably isn't THAT full of sh1te!!
Kickstart wrote: Hi I tend to agree with Matt. All the best Keith
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| OssY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 OssY Nearly there...

Joined: 12 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:29 - 08 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
You obviously haven't heard of a no scalpel vasectomy  ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nicky-Jano |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nicky-Jano Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 20 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LeeR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LeeR World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:30 - 08 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I knew a chap that had a vasectomy at 21, he also felt that he never wanted kids.
I had mine done about 9 years ago a year after my youngest was born, at the Nuffield for about £200
They asked me a few probing questions about the future, like I can tell, and then got on with it.
Give them a call you never know they might help you out, if they fail try the Ramsey. ____________________ My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:24 - 08 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm sure Stinkwheel will do it for a pint. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Robby |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Robby Dirty Old Man

Joined: 16 May 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| OssY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 OssY Nearly there...

Joined: 12 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LeeR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LeeR World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Nicky-Jano |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Nicky-Jano Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 20 Feb 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:23 - 09 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
It is depo-provera. Not pill but injection. Don't know if that makes a difference but I told her before to go see a specialist to see if it's something else but she's shy and embarassed. She stopped the injections about 8 months ago and she still isn't back to normal, periods and whatnot. I'm almost past the point of being sympathetic and I may have to just leave her soon, even if I do get a vasectomy. Though moving back to my mum's will be hard as she doesn't have a spare shed or garage for my bikes. Also my brother nicked my room and it was bigger. Cnut. ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Rob |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Rob World Chat Champion

Joined: 16 Mar 2002 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:50 - 10 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:24 - 10 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Buy one of these and crack one off. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ajb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ajb Crazy Courier
Joined: 14 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| beast rider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 beast rider Could Be A Chat Bot

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 02:42 - 11 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| ajb wrote: | I don't understand.
You are young, and despite what anyone says, you can't predict how you will feel/what will happen in the future.
There are simplier and reversable methods (such as pill/coil) that are far more practical.
Your GIRLFRIEND is shy so you feel you have to effectively have YOUR bollocks chopped off?
You are considering LEAVING HER ? (but havent because you need somewhere secure to store your bike)
Dude.......... |
I've never claimed to be a rational man. I'm not wanting snipped for her, it's for me, didn't mean it to come across as I'm just doing it for her.
Here is my logic: Vasectomy will decrease greatly chances of an accidental pregnancy. If the intentions of the accidental pregnantee are to NOT abort said unborn child, then like it or not I will have to be a father. I don't want to be a father, I have other plans, and therefore my feelings towards both child and mother will be resentful. Now tell me, would you be happy if the world was full of children resented by their fathers/mothers? No, it would be awful.
My ego is not so inclined as to need to pass on my seed, I haven't got delusions of grandeur and I accept that I would be a terrible influence on a child. I hate all children and babies, related to me, or just that annoying sprog on the bus. Infact, I would go as far as saying the world upsets me, with unruly children and bad parents, I don't want to be a part of that culture. I won't change my mind, I have never been surer of anything. ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kal |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kal World Chat Champion

Joined: 02 Jan 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Itchy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:25 - 11 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
As said as a backup get some of the baby batter frozen , costs £200 a year to put it in storage in an NHS facility, as said if you do change your mind then you have a chance to rectify it, if you don't its a few £££ down the pan. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 206 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|