Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Heavy weight training

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:35 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Heavy weight training Reply with quote

Been at the gym for over 6 months now and I'm starting to lift some pretty big weights. I've noticed my wrists seem to be taking alot of the impact as they are sore but this usually goes after a few days.

Is it possible to do long term damage?

Isn't helped by a bike crash I had awhile ago and that fucked my wrist up Evil or Very Mad
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mooserx
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:49 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is possible to damage, especially to the wrists knees etc, wear supports this should help. you may be able to by a wrist support/strap from your gym.
____________________
TL1000r-handful.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:24 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the cheap wrist supports from argos. Don't get wrist ache anymore. Only problem is you'll need slightly bigger gloves to go over them.
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated wrist supports may help, otherwise you may notice that it will stop bothering you after a couple of months as your wrists get used to it - I had the same thing but if you persist you should find things settle down - although when I say persist, I mean do so responsibly so that you don't really injure yourself, because theres nothing worse than getting to a certain point in your training and then injuring yourself so that you're out of the game for 6 months, believe me, I speak from far too much experience.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chrisjacks
Nova Slayer



Joined: 01 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:17 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

along with that you could just do wrist curls with a barbell to work the forearm a bit more maybe?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rowey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:02 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a powerball. They're good for strengthening your wrist.
____________________
ZX6R C6F.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.84 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 47.08 Kb