|
|
| Author |
Message |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:34 - 10 Mar 2009 Post subject: Anyone work/worked for TGI Friday's? |
 |
|
I'm basically looking for a full time job. As quite a few people know I'm a bartender (in a shitty place unfortunately). Really getting into flairing. Which I think most on here would find pointless
Now TGIF's in Wycombe have a full time job going for bar staff which is ideal for me. They'd teach me more flairing and I can easily memorise cocktail recipes.
My only question is do they really treat you like shit? I know bar staff aren't exactly treated like gods wherever you go. Low wage, lame hours/etc. But I've had 2 people say to me that they treat you like shit.
Apart from one of them work for a dried food specialist and complains about any workload and the other is a lazy tosser So I'm not really gonna go with their "opinions"
Would rather hear it from people who have worked there. Not necessarily bar staff, bu any role.
Much love  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wave2k |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wave2k G's Stalker

Joined: 06 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:51 - 10 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm definately going for it. Nothing to lose. I can only gain atm And I can deal with being treated like shit for awhile
Just wanted to know whether or not I should still look for jobs if I was to get the job  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| S1KE |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 S1KE Brolly Dolly

Joined: 20 May 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:55 - 10 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
you have to wear a stupid hat,
they do in the bluewater one anyway.
they do some quality munch in there,
get the job just so you can tell me the secret jack daniels bbq sauce recipe,
mmmm makes my mouth water  ____________________ random twat!
* xbox live mickeyc26
* zx6r b1h 2004 GREEN ! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| S1KE |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 S1KE Brolly Dolly

Joined: 20 May 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| quacker_boy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 quacker_boy Cuddle Bitch

Joined: 06 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 18:58 - 10 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 03:39 - 11 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| zxrmike26 wrote: | you have to wear a stupid hat,
they do in the bluewater one anyway.
they do some quality munch in there,
get the job just so you can tell me the secret jack daniels bbq sauce recipe,
mmmm makes my mouth water  |
Well they don't wear hats in my local one...
And going to be a bartender! Not a chef!
| quacker_boy wrote: |
Can't help you on the TGI Friday's bit as I've never worked for them. Flairing wise however, what can you do at the moment? I don't know names of anything (if there are names for it?)  But I've been doing it on an off for a few years.
Best advice I can give you, get an empty wine bottle and wrap the whole thing in parcel tape so if you drop it, glass doesn't go everywhere. Also it's probably not a bad idea to practice on a carpeted floor
We'll have a flair off at some point  |
Empty bottle of wine? Amateur. I'm using my empty bottles of Morgan's spiced I've yet to brake a bottle too. Too good at catching it before it falls But I know what you mean. Aiming to buy an unbreakable flair bottle.
Flairing wise, typical hand spinning (if the bottle is like can do it fast), grabbing from the neck, flicking up and catching it on my palm. Doing the same thing but throwing it behind my back using my left and catching on my right. Throwing it over my shoulder with my right and catching it in front of me with my right. All on the palm of my hand. Well the top part.
Just started to throw it over my shoulder, hit it with my knee and then catching it on my hand
Don't know what else to practice tbh. Need to get my left hand more into it as it's mainly my right
Did enjoy the movie Cocktail but that's not exactly hard to do!
Can do everything he shows except the knee bouncing. I've done it a couple of times but not a god percentage. (I can't do the stuff when he's not talking. Just the stuff he explains)
I want this guy's skill! ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 03:59 - 11 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I only flair when there's time. I'm the fastest at my work, make the most money and favourite bartender by about 80% of the regulars. They see that I work my ass off to make them wait the least. Only ever had 1 complaint of my service in 1 year and 3 months. And she complained about every single thing in the club and the managers sucked up to her. Rude cow.
I flair when it's quiet or towards the end of the night
Edit: Oh and I wish the customers knew what a queue was/is. Half the time you get people shouting "oi" and "I'm next", girls smiling and fluttering their eyelashes.
That stuff doesn't work with me  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fizzmonkey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fizzmonkey Derestricted Danger

Joined: 27 Dec 2008 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steppen22 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steppen22 World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The View Askew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The View Askew World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:41 - 13 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chillpill |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chillpill World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Aug 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| m0l0t0v |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 m0l0t0v World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Sep 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:25 - 13 Mar 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
It's good being a barman  ____________________ '99 Hornet 600 , VFR 400 NC30 '92 , Kasawamasaki GT 550 , '98 Hornet 600
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|