Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Anyone work/worked for TGI Friday's?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Anyone work/worked for TGI Friday's? Reply with quote

I'm basically looking for a full time job. As quite a few people know I'm a bartender (in a shitty place unfortunately). Really getting into flairing. Which I think most on here would find pointless Laughing

Now TGIF's in Wycombe have a full time job going for bar staff which is ideal for me. They'd teach me more flairing and I can easily memorise cocktail recipes.

My only question is do they really treat you like shit? I know bar staff aren't exactly treated like gods wherever you go. Low wage, lame hours/etc. But I've had 2 people say to me that they treat you like shit.

Apart from one of them work for a dried food specialist and complains about any workload and the other is a lazy tosser Laughing So I'm not really gonna go with their "opinions" Laughing

Would rather hear it from people who have worked there. Not necessarily bar staff, bu any role.

Much love Karma
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wave2k
G's Stalker



Joined: 06 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

what have you got to lose, id go for it.
____________________
Ducati 1299 Panigale
2009 Corvette C6 z51
RS125->CBR400->RXS100->GSXR750K2->Ducati749S->CBR600RR5->TL1000R->DRz400->RSVR1000->Honda VTR SP1->CBR400->GSXR1000K6->Honda H100->CBR600RR3->Ducati1299
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definately going for it. Nothing to lose. I can only gain atm Confused And I can deal with being treated like shit for awhile Laughing

Just wanted to know whether or not I should still look for jobs if I was to get the job Thumbs Up Laughing
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

S1KE
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 20 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to wear a stupid hat,

they do in the bluewater one anyway.

they do some quality munch in there,

get the job just so you can tell me the secret jack daniels bbq sauce recipe,

mmmm makes my mouth water Laughing
____________________
random twat!
* xbox live mickeyc26
* zx6r b1h 2004 GREEN !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:24 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

zxrmike26 wrote:
get the job just so you can tell me the secret jack daniels bbq sauce recipe,

mmmm makes my mouth water Laughing


You can buy that in my local Asda.
There are several different varieties, I have a bottle of it in my kitchen cupboard.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

S1KE
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 20 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:26 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
zxrmike26 wrote:
get the job just so you can tell me the secret jack daniels bbq sauce recipe,

mmmm makes my mouth water Laughing


You can buy that in my local Asda.
There are several different varieties, I have a bottle of it in my kitchen cupboard.


yea i know, its shit, just tastes like normal bbq sauce , i bought some but threw it away as i never used it.\

not unless i chose the wrong one?

Laughing
____________________
random twat!
* xbox live mickeyc26
* zx6r b1h 2004 GREEN !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

quacker_boy
Cuddle Bitch



Joined: 06 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:58 - 10 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
Really getting into flairing. Which I think most on here would find pointless Laughing


Can't help you on the TGI Friday's bit as I've never worked for them. Flairing wise however, what can you do at the moment? I don't know names of anything (if there are names for it?) Laughing But I've been doing it on an off for a few years.

Best advice I can give you, get an empty wine bottle and wrap the whole thing in parcel tape so if you drop it, glass doesn't go everywhere. Also it's probably not a bad idea to practice on a carpeted floor Wink

We'll have a flair off at some point Razz
____________________
wizzzard wrote: Imagine God just stopping by, tidying your front room up and then quietly letting himself out again. Statisticly more likely to happen than Korn being on here.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:39 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

zxrmike26 wrote:
you have to wear a stupid hat,

they do in the bluewater one anyway.

they do some quality munch in there,

get the job just so you can tell me the secret jack daniels bbq sauce recipe,

mmmm makes my mouth water Laughing


Laughing

Well they don't wear hats in my local one...

And going to be a bartender! Not a chef!

quacker_boy wrote:

Can't help you on the TGI Friday's bit as I've never worked for them. Flairing wise however, what can you do at the moment? I don't know names of anything (if there are names for it?) Laughing But I've been doing it on an off for a few years.

Best advice I can give you, get an empty wine bottle and wrap the whole thing in parcel tape so if you drop it, glass doesn't go everywhere. Also it's probably not a bad idea to practice on a carpeted floor Wink

We'll have a flair off at some point Razz


Empty bottle of wine? Amateur. I'm using my empty bottles of Morgan's spiced Mr. Green I've yet to brake a bottle too. Too good at catching it before it falls Razz But I know what you mean. Aiming to buy an unbreakable flair bottle. Thumbs Up

Flairing wise, typical hand spinning (if the bottle is like can do it fast), grabbing from the neck, flicking up and catching it on my palm. Doing the same thing but throwing it behind my back using my left and catching on my right. Throwing it over my shoulder with my right and catching it in front of me with my right. All on the palm of my hand. Well the top part. Laughing

Just started to throw it over my shoulder, hit it with my knee and then catching it on my hand Thumbs Up

Don't know what else to practice tbh. Need to get my left hand more into it as it's mainly my right Confused

Did enjoy the movie Cocktail but that's not exactly hard to do!

Can do everything he shows except the knee bouncing. I've done it a couple of times but not a god percentage. (I can't do the stuff when he's not talking. Just the stuff he explains)

I want this guy's skill!
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:50 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, flairing.

Just make my fucking drink and stop showing off in an attempt to impress me/the ladies. There's a queue you know.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:59 - 11 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only flair when there's time. I'm the fastest at my work, make the most money and favourite bartender by about 80% of the regulars. They see that I work my ass off to make them wait the least. Only ever had 1 complaint of my service in 1 year and 3 months. And she complained about every single thing in the club and the managers sucked up to her. Rude cow.

I flair when it's quiet or towards the end of the night Wink

Edit: Oh and I wish the customers knew what a queue was/is. Half the time you get people shouting "oi" and "I'm next", girls smiling and fluttering their eyelashes.

That stuff doesn't work with me Razz
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fizzmonkey
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 27 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:39 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a malibu bottle, it's got some film stuff round it. I've yet to smash one!

m0l0t0v wrote:
girls smiling and fluttering their eyelashes.

That stuff doesn't work with me Razz


Works for me Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

steppen22
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flairing, eh? I don't know... seems a bit gay to me.
____________________
no regrets, no retreat, no apology.
I've made mistakes in the past, and I apologise for FUCK ALL.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 12 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce, is utterly divine, for the record.


I reccommend people try it on a serious note.

All the flavours too.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:41 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzmonkey wrote:
Try a malibu bottle, it's got some film stuff round it. I've yet to smash one!

m0l0t0v wrote:
girls smiling and fluttering their eyelashes.

That stuff doesn't work with me Razz


Works for me Laughing


I prefer to keep them waiting. Good things cum to those who wait. Wink

It's not like I can't be picky anyhow! Laughing

And not a fan of the malibu bottle shape. Prefer Morgan's Spiced. Plus I actually like the drink! Laughing

steppen22 wrote:
Flairing, eh? I don't know... seems a bit gay to me.


I suppose you could say it's "gay". But I know it isn't Wink
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chillpill
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:45 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0l0t0v wrote:
I only flair when there's time. I'm the fastest at my work, make the most money and favourite bartender by about 80% of the regulars.


ego big enough for ya ? Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:57 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillpill wrote:
m0l0t0v wrote:
I only flair when there's time. I'm the fastest at my work, make the most money and favourite bartender by about 80% of the regulars.


ego big enough for ya ? Wink


Not quite....

m0l0t0v wrote:
I prefer to keep them waiting. Good things cum to those who wait.

It's not like I can't be picky anyhow!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:25 - 13 Mar 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

It's good being a barman Wink
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 204 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.52 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 107.7 Kb