|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Mattastic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mattastic Trackday Trickster
Joined: 03 Aug 2003 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:38 - 20 May 2004 Post subject: Regaining grip |
 |
|
After my oh too close encounter with the tarmac I was wondering what is the best way to regain your grip, rear tyre, if it starts on a bit of a slide?
I hit some diesel whilst on a bend and the back end swung out, I know I didn't hit the brakes but apart from that I honestly don't know what I did to save the bike. I just remembered everything seemed to slow down a little (was only going 35 - 40mph) and the back end felt like it was going to swing all the way round when all of a sudden the rear gripped again and the bike stood up, fish tailed and then back to normal, apart from the 200bpm heart rate!
I feel I've come off lucky as reading articles in magazines etc if the back tyre suddenly grips again you can end up high-siding which wouldn't have been nice at all! But I would like some advise on what I should do next time I'm in a skid / slide. ____________________ Too skint to buy a bike  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McJamweasel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McJamweasel BCF Junkie

Joined: 22 Mar 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| priller |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 priller Brolly Dolly

Joined: 26 Jan 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Sparks! |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Sparks! Sir Tart-a-lot

Joined: 30 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:46 - 20 May 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
If in doubt...................... GAS it ____________________ Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McJamweasel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McJamweasel BCF Junkie

Joined: 22 Mar 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 142 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|