Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


help needed on rollers and Variator spring kits.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Jack2004
Nova Slayer



Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:12 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: help needed on rollers and Variator spring kits. Reply with quote

First of all sorry for re-posting.

Right i need some help on rollers, my ped at the moment had 17x12 at 6.6g, i am wanting to upgrade these to either 4.5g, 5.0g, 5.6g or i could get 3.4g, which of these would be best?

Also i am going to get a Variator spring kit, they come in +15%, +22% and +30%, which would be best to get out of these?#

Hope someone can help
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:14 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bloomcounty.org/~megan/misc/pancake_bunny.jpg
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

PsychoHippy
Jammy Git



Joined: 02 Jul 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yams - that is the funniest thing I have seen all night! Laughing
____________________
I spend all my money on bikes and beer, the rest I simply waste!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:25 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cotter pin will need machining to fit the new flange nut. Oh and you'll need to cut down on the gudgeon bearings because they'll overscore if you put too many horses through the sprocket collet.

I am fairly certain that the needle guide springs will need changing too because the cam wheel guides won't work otherwise. Oh and if you pull 6.6 g on a ped then I expect you'll die.

I'm sorry I have no Idea what you are on about. Do you know what a clutch and a gearbox do? Wink
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cagiva gezzer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:42 - 20 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done any other work to the engine?

Springs and rollers are not that expensive, so grab a whole load and don't make too large changes.

For those who don't know, the combination of springs and rollers determins what rev range a engine uses when its fitted with a centrifugal clutch and variator.
____________________
"because one stroke isnt enough and four strokes waste two"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bikedudextrm
Traffic Copper



Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ped is it Question .
____________________
Police Tut Tut

https://www.bikepics.com/members/bikedudextrm/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:34 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

I'm sorry I have no Idea what you are on about. Do you know what a clutch and a gearbox do? Wink


I suspect he does know what a clutch does, just not the kind you're thinking about. Reckin his does pull 6g or whatever as well... just insider the clutch Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:44 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mark's last comment was aimed at my attempt at being funny with the bunny pancake picture.

I'm not sure what a clutch does to be honest...

Is it the thing that makes the bike sound lounder?

Can't remember to be honest..........



Hmmm I've stripped loads of clutches @ college, and stripped a ped down too I presume the top thread is about belt sizes/strengths or something but not too sure really but I know what a clutch does Rolling Eyes
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was trying to be sarcastic, and pointing out that I don't know how a 'ped twist and go gearbox works (unless its the same as on a Mini Moto).

Also I was suggesting that a bike with a clutch and gearbox might be better? Wink
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 21 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why, but unfortunately I took the effort at college to learn how a ped clutch/gearbox works.....

It's clever in a way, but completely useless as I won't go near peds.. hehe

I don't know how mini-moto's work but I assume it's the same as peds.
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 137 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.65 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 65.94 Kb