Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


BIKES STOLEN & BURNT IN PORTSMOUTH

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
 Topic moved: from UK National to General Bike Chat by Korn (23 May 2004 - 20:59)
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

30sumthin gal
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 14 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:24 - 23 May 2004    Post subject: BIKES STOLEN & BURNT IN PORTSMOUTH Reply with quote

At least two bikes from Northend / Hilsea area were burnt out last night. BAST***s (my bikes alarm was triggered - no sign on front to say alarmed!). Bikes were found less than 50 metres from site of theft, alas, they were completely burnt out.

Should you leave your cycle / bike on the road / pavement please invest in an alarm. I think, and so do the police, that it saved me from being another statistic. Sadly no fingerprints were evident.
____________________
Ive now passed my test, now I am learning how to ride!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dandit
Nearly there...



Joined: 04 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:10 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is it with them thieving f**ks Evil or Very Mad I live in shirley in a tower block I've got a 125 and I know for a fact if it wasnt alarmed it wouldnt make 1 night outside when I had a ke 125 I parked it up got off saw a group of twats and over heard them saying "lets ave it away" Shocked so rather than say anything I kept it at my mates till I got a decent bile with 12 volt now I got my sachs with datatool alarm. that keeps the f**kers away I might have to put the alarm on my bandit when i get it here but I'm getting fed up with thieving kids if i find somone trying to nick my bike I will cut there hands off sorry but I realy dont like bike thieves
____________________
WHAT DO YOU MEAN 100 MPH THATS IMPOSSIBLE I STILL HAD 3 GEARS TO GO OFFICER. Currently riding a naked cbr 600 and driving a 52 plate 2litre tdci mondeo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jack2004
Nova Slayer



Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:25 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only live in a small town but the , of crime is amazing, if you look in the paper it mentions the bikes that have been stolen/recovered, the list seems to get longer every week.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleurughgh I work in Hilsea, bastards aren't having my bike.

I keep it on the roads now but it's always got a cover on it (mainly so 1) people can't see what it is and 2) it stops kids fiddling with it and sitting on it or something, always paranoid of that 3) it keeps it dry)

At home it's locked away in a garage which will also be alarmed this week too! So pretty secure but if anyone touches my bike outside work they're going to regret it in some form or another Twisted Evil
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

30sumthin gal
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 14 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:28 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to let you know, they have the Bast***s on CCTV!!!! We are just waiting to hear now... PLEASE MR OFFICER, BE NICE TO US BIKERS FOR A CHANGE!!!! I know at least one of you rides a bike in your spare time... Triumph Trophy??? 1200? ... WATCH THIS SPACE!
____________________
Ive now passed my test, now I am learning how to ride!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mchaggis
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 24 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to sound like a tit, but I'd say it's better for the bikes to be stolen and written off than to have to go through all the hassle of repairing, variable costs and stuff with the insurance company. Getting the money in total rather than them paying for repairs also lets you buy a new different bike so far as I know, too. My brother got his bike nicked, got it back with a shafted engine and damaged bodywork, not written off. Now, he's got a stolen recovered bike worth f-all of what he paid for it, and not the money to buy a proper bike once he passes DAS...

I'm not advocating wrecking old learner bikes to let you buy a proper big bike with the insurance though..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

30sumthin gal
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 14 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:47 - 25 May 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one problem. One of the bikes that went up in smoke belonged to a young friend of mine, she could only afford 3rd party insurance. She just started her first job, and was saving for fully comp insurance. Now she is left with nothing.

I know, save to pay for everything before you get. She needed the bike for work, now she is left distraught.

Lesson learned for her.
____________________
Ive now passed my test, now I am learning how to ride!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.08 - MySQL Queries: 16 - Page Size: 53.32 Kb