|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:51 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
You just have to stop thinking about fags, luv
Actually ... although I'm much happier now I've given up, I'm starting to wonder if I ought to take it up again, as my sense of smell is now SO heightened, that its quite distressing. There was a Nigerian man on the train this morning who absolutely stunk of fish, it was filthy disgusting smelling, not like minge-fish smell, just like ghastly cooked-fish smell, urgh, made me think of fish-heads. ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:51 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
That's the real man's way of giving up. Stick with it, the shit will pass. ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JonB |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JonB Afraid of Mileage

Joined: 03 Jun 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hellkat |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hellkat Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:53 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Yeah ... patches are for pussies.
 ____________________ Not nearly as interesting in real life. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:01 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Patches make it worse. I went cold turkey and went through all that pain. Gobbed pain killers most the time and felt crap. Its gone now. Lasted a few weeks. I can breath better, I dont use my inhalers really at all now. I feel calmer, not pumped up all the time. But it does make you feel tired. I miss that adrenaline buzz sometimes and eat like a horse it does get better as it goes along, just get past that rotten feeling and you will be fine. ____________________ All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Tarmacsurfer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Tarmacsurfer World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dragonfly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dragonfly Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Sep 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:27 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Hetzer wrote: | That's the real man's way of giving up.  Stick with it, the shit will pass. |
I recall a thread in which you sang the praises of one of those E-cigarette things - I gather it never really did the trick?
I'm supposed to be feeling this same struggle in a few weeks time when I finish my exams, I told myself I'd quit and get back to the gym. It's not going to be easy, like Shaun I've quite a couple of times before for months at a time, but I just feel this time it's going to be a real struggle.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hetzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hetzer Super Spammer

Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:37 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| GhostRider wrote: | | Hetzer wrote: | That's the real man's way of giving up.  Stick with it, the shit will pass. |
I recall a thread in which you sang the praises of one of those E-cigarette things - I gather it never really did the trick?
I'm supposed to be feeling this same struggle in a few weeks time when I finish my exams, I told myself I'd quit and get back to the gym. It's not going to be easy, like Shaun I've quite a couple of times before for months at a time, but I just feel this time it's going to be a real struggle.
GhostRider |
The e-fag thing actually works really well, but I wasn't trying to give up smoking, I just wanted a less harmful way of getting my nicotine, one that was also still enjoyable.
Unfortunately my best mate died just after I'd started and I went back on the real fags in a moment of weakness. I inherited his 'Screwdriver' e-fag, which is like an industrial jobby, but since I've been enjoying the regular rollies I haven't got back into the whole e-fag gig.
I gave up for an entire year a couple of years back, cold-turkey, piece of piss (I'm lucky in that I don't suffer much from withdrawal), but made a conscious and deliberate decision to smoke again, because I don't give a fuck about dying of it much anymore and I enjoy it. I've no doubt I'll regret that attitude if I get cancer, but hey ho. ____________________ "There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!" |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pyx_e |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pyx_e World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 Nov 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:49 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Hetzer wrote: |
The e-fag thing actually works really well, but I wasn't trying to give up smoking, I just wanted a less harmful way of getting my nicotine, one that was also still enjoyable. |
Ahhh I see.
| Quote: |
I gave up for an entire year a couple of years back, cold-turkey, piece of piss (I'm lucky in that I don't suffer much from withdrawal), but made a conscious and deliberate decision to smoke again, because I don't give a fuck about dying of it much anymore and I enjoy it. I've no doubt I'll regret that attitude if I get cancer, but hey ho. |
Same here, apart from the not giving a fuck if I do bit, hence the desire to quite whilst Im still relatively young and my lungs/ability to run without feeling like im going to die from asphyxiation have a reasonable chance to recover.
Might try one of the E-fags out to see if it's much cop
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| McGee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 McGee O RLY?

Joined: 24 Jun 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Shaun |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Shaun Likes 'em bent

Joined: 17 May 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:39 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Typical triumph owners.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:13 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Hetzer wrote: |
The e-fag thing actually works really well, but I wasn't trying to give up smoking, I just wanted a less harmful way of getting my nicotine, one that was also still enjoyable.
but since I've been enjoying the regular rollies I haven't got back into the whole e-fag gig.
I gave up for an entire year a couple of years back, cold-turkey, piece of piss (I'm lucky in that I don't suffer much from withdrawal), but made a conscious and deliberate decision to smoke again, because I don't give a fuck about dying of it much anymore and I enjoy it. I've no doubt I'll regret that attitude if I get cancer, but hey ho. |
I'm fairly similar. I got the e-cig for travelling and 'smoking' in the office as their were fit birds and I was conscious of smelling.
Caused a furore down the pub, everyone loved it, but then the damned thing started eating atomisers and cartridges and when it dies and takes weeks to get replacements
Bah, I enjoy smoking. And at the moment I'm losing weight, once I'm down to 15 stone I'll quit.
Not until then. ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 16:17 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Have some heroin, once you've finished kicking that you won't be addicted to smoking at all.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swampy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swampy World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 16:45 - 22 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
If its any help to anyone, I've just given up using a drug called Champix which you can get from the GP every 2 weeks. Its really helped me where nicotine replacement hasn't (I've tried patches, gum and sublingual tablets in the past). There were a few side effects for the first week or so (headaches and nausea mainly), but if you man up and take it, the effects become managable pretty quickly. Prior to this I was a dyed in the wool 20 year smoker at 20 + a day, so its come as a pleasant surprise how easy its been to stay of the cigs even though I've now stopped taking tablets as well..  ____________________ "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr Hammers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr Hammers World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jul 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 169 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|