Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Free Trackday (if you have Metzeller Tires)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

powelly
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 28 Apr 2009    Post subject: Free Trackday (if you have Metzeller Tires) Reply with quote

Just got this...

https://i40.tinypic.com/207t2dx.jpg

And when I finally figured out what its says it would appear that if you have Metzeller Types you can have a free track day.

https://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/resources/sponsortrackday/trackdays.asp?sponsor=trackdaymetzeler&msvcode=metzelertrackday

Unfortunately I dont

Sad
____________________
Yamaha RXS 100 > Gilera Runner 50 > Suzuki SV650SY
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:16 - 28 Apr 2009    Post subject: Re: Free Trackday (if you have Metzeller Tires) Reply with quote

Nice deal...sadly work's pretty busy and I've got next week off as well as the tuesday Sad.

Try here to remedy your tyre situation for a reasonable price.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 28 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ... good find Karma

Looks like it isn't a full day, but 3 sessions when you read the blurb ... but for frees .... its all good!!! Thumbs Up Smile

I've got Metz dry tyres (racetec) on one of my track bikes, but Dunslip wets ... if the weathers good, then all is well ... but I bet they won't be happy if I show them my Metz on my dry wheels and go out on my Dunslips if it is raining!! Laughing

For frees, I'm gonna book on anyway ... if forecast looks poor near the time, then I'll just do a no-show to save embarrassment!! Wink
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 28 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be so dubious Embarassed ... but its not a play on words and I have to have some NEW metz fitted to go on the day? i.e. I go with a set of previously purchased/used metz on the bike and they force me to buy some new ones? Not that I can show up on a bike with any pre-pay Metz and I am good to go? Thinking
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Deano
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Feb 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:35 - 28 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

im on holiday i have wets and dry metzelers aswell Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:57 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tenere has Tourance's fitted. WOuld be quite interesting to see what it would be like on a race track. I'm suspecting not very good!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:59 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Rennsports, but Im the same as Blue...you dont have to buy new ones I hope.

I have a fucked clutch, brakes and a weeping forkseal. But its free..... Twisted Evil
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:03 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:
The Tenere has Tourance's fitted. WOuld be quite interesting to see what it would be like on a race track. I'm suspecting not very good!


Hey, its free .... so no reason NOT to give it a go!! Smile

You might be pleasantly surprised too!!

I actually took a Multistrada (see below) on track once ... I was amazed at how GOOD it was!! Shocked so don't rule the Tenere out too early!! Wink

https://www.bikez.com/pictures/ducati/2007/24396_0_1_2_multistrada%201100%20s_Image%20credits%20-%20Ducati.jpg
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:55 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked! Laughing
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Knacker
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:25 - 29 Apr 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it MSV who dont let you do it on A2 license ?

As iv got Racetek M1's
____________________
Current: Gsxr 600 Srad - GS125 - DT125
Previous: K1 GSXR 1000
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:45 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who signed up for this in the end?

Forecast is for heavy rain!! Shocked

As discussed above, I only have racetec drys (essentially slicks) so if the weather doesn't change, then I am screwed (my wets are Dunlop, therefore won't be allowed on the day - and it'd be silly to go out in heavy rain on what are essentially sicks Sad).
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.


Last edited by Blue_SV650S on 15:49 - 11 May 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marlboro-Matt wrote:
Is it MSV who dont let you do it on A2 license ?


Correct - no 33bhp at MSV circuits.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Thom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:55 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Re: Free Trackday (if you have Metzeller Tires) Reply with quote

As per the ticket:
"So by way of a 'Thank you' for choosing our rubber..."

I wish Durex would give me a 'Thank you' Thumbs Up
____________________
Current Bike: 1996 Yamaha TRX850 (The Japanese-Ducati One).
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna be there on the Tenere. If it rain I might have an issue.

My only 2 piece leathers are ventilated, so I'd get soaked! I'll have to wait and see I guess!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:11 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:
I'm gonna be there on the Tenere. If it rain I might have an issue.

My only 2 piece leathers are ventilated, so I'd get soaked! I'll have to wait and see I guess!


If I had 'legal' wets, I too would go regardless (the rain is fun if you have the right tyres) but sadly I don't, so if forecast doesn't change, sadly I'll bow down ... especially as its only 3 sessions ....

What group did you go for LH-ER5?
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

vt6
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:55 - 11 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just so happen to have rennsports for sale whos havin them lol.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:41 - 13 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

its not looking hopeful is it!! Sad

Brands Weather Clicky
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 13 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the in the 10am novices.

Woo! Look at that weather! Very Happy
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 14 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in the end - screw the weather, I'm going anyway! .... the weather has been so hit and miss its hard to say if it will be good or bad .. it was pointed out to me that I'd be more gutted missing a good day by not going (coz assumed rain) than i will be having a wet one if I did go ... so I'm game ...

Bearing in mind I have reacetec's which are a near as damn it slicks ... I'll either be tip-toeing in the wet, or trying to get some hot laps in in the dry!! ... but either way, i'll be out on track ... which has to be better than not being out on track right?!!?!? ... only time will tell what the weather will do!!!

I'll have a wonder round the paddock and see if I can find you (a Tenere) LH-ER5 Thumbs Up
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:08 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you adam and eve it!!! ... it cleared up ..,. we even had a bit of sun ... the track was still damp in places, but predominantly dry - bonus for the first session!! Thumbs Up ... its clouding over again now, the first lot have been out twice, but the second lot (like me) are only due out after lunch ... things could have radically changed by then!! Sad

Fingers crossed though!!

It been 7 months since I was last out o track ... and it shows!! Very Happy

Still, some of the cobwebs are now clear and hoping to build on it this arvo .... if I'm lucky might get one more dry one in!! Smile

Sadly the rules are no overtaking in the corners ... which sux!! Sad

But hey, its free and its great to get back out on track again!! Smile

I've taken some vid from the first session and it apears to have come out .. so expect a vid at some point (won't be very exciting as I was rusty and no overtaking in the corners allowed!).

Had a hunt round for (a Tenere) LH-ER5, but failed to find him/it yet ...
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

LustyLew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left. Sorry.

Kinda had a gut feeling I wouldnt enjoy it. Did the sighting lap but just didnt feel safe in myself. Pretty annoying really but 'least it didnt cost anything. Oh, and I didnt shag my tyres!

Was amusing to watch all different bikes out there mind you!
____________________
Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:31 - 15 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

LH-ER5 wrote:
I left. Sorry.

Kinda had a gut feeling I wouldnt enjoy it. Did the sighting lap but just didnt feel safe in myself. Pretty annoying really but 'least it didnt cost anything. Oh, and I didnt shag my tyres!

Was amusing to watch all different bikes out there mind you!


Doh!!! .. well that would explain why i couldn't find you!! Very Happy

It was a cracking day weather wise (considering forecast).

Here's a thread I made in the Vids section - its a few laps onboard from the day:-

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=2185873#2185873
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 116.53 Kb