|
|
| Author |
Message |
| powelly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 powelly World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:39 - 28 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cool ... good find
Looks like it isn't a full day, but 3 sessions when you read the blurb ... but for frees .... its all good!!!
I've got Metz dry tyres (racetec) on one of my track bikes, but Dunslip wets ... if the weathers good, then all is well ... but I bet they won't be happy if I show them my Metz on my dry wheels and go out on my Dunslips if it is raining!!
For frees, I'm gonna book on anyway ... if forecast looks poor near the time, then I'll just do a no-show to save embarrassment!!  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:03 - 28 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Sorry to be so dubious ... but its not a play on words and I have to have some NEW metz fitted to go on the day? i.e. I go with a set of previously purchased/used metz on the bike and they force me to buy some new ones? Not that I can show up on a bike with any pre-pay Metz and I am good to go?  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Deano |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Deano World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Feb 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 22:35 - 28 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
im on holiday i have wets and dry metzelers aswell  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:57 - 29 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The Tenere has Tourance's fitted. WOuld be quite interesting to see what it would be like on a race track. I'm suspecting not very good! ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 08:59 - 29 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have Rennsports, but Im the same as Blue...you dont have to buy new ones I hope.
I have a fucked clutch, brakes and a weeping forkseal. But its free.....  ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 09:03 - 29 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:55 - 29 Apr 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Booked!  ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Knacker |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Knacker World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Mar 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 15:45 - 11 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
So who signed up for this in the end?
Forecast is for heavy rain!!
As discussed above, I only have racetec drys (essentially slicks) so if the weather doesn't change, then I am screwed (my wets are Dunlop, therefore won't be allowed on the day - and it'd be silly to go out in heavy rain on what are essentially sicks ). ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
Last edited by Blue_SV650S on 15:49 - 11 May 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Bendy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Bendy Mrs Sensible

Joined: 10 Jun 2002 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Thom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Thom World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Oct 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:55 - 11 May 2009 Post subject: Re: Free Trackday (if you have Metzeller Tires) |
 |
|
As per the ticket:
"So by way of a 'Thank you' for choosing our rubber..."
I wish Durex would give me a 'Thank you'  ____________________ Current Bike: 1996 Yamaha TRX850 (The Japanese-Ducati One).
Previous Bikes: 1990 Honda NSR125 'Rothmans' (The smoking one), 1990 Suzuki GS500e 'Caf? fighter' (The loud one), 1987 Kawasaki GPX400r (The quick one), 1997 XJ600s Diversion (The reliable one), 2000 Kawasaki ER-5 (The spontaneously combustive one) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:06 - 11 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm gonna be there on the Tenere. If it rain I might have an issue.
My only 2 piece leathers are ventilated, so I'd get soaked! I'll have to wait and see I guess! ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| vt6 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 vt6 Spanner Monkey
Joined: 14 Apr 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:41 - 13 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
its not looking hopeful is it!!
Brands Weather Clicky ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:05 - 13 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm the in the 10am novices.
Woo! Look at that weather!  ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 23:13 - 14 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well in the end - screw the weather, I'm going anyway! .... the weather has been so hit and miss its hard to say if it will be good or bad .. it was pointed out to me that I'd be more gutted missing a good day by not going (coz assumed rain) than i will be having a wet one if I did go ... so I'm game ...
Bearing in mind I have reacetec's which are a near as damn it slicks ... I'll either be tip-toeing in the wet, or trying to get some hot laps in in the dry!! ... but either way, i'll be out on track ... which has to be better than not being out on track right?!!?!? ... only time will tell what the weather will do!!!
I'll have a wonder round the paddock and see if I can find you (a Tenere) LH-ER5  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:08 - 15 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Would you adam and eve it!!! ... it cleared up ..,. we even had a bit of sun ... the track was still damp in places, but predominantly dry - bonus for the first session!! ... its clouding over again now, the first lot have been out twice, but the second lot (like me) are only due out after lunch ... things could have radically changed by then!!
Fingers crossed though!!
It been 7 months since I was last out o track ... and it shows!!
Still, some of the cobwebs are now clear and hoping to build on it this arvo .... if I'm lucky might get one more dry one in!!
Sadly the rules are no overtaking in the corners ... which sux!!
But hey, its free and its great to get back out on track again!!
I've taken some vid from the first session and it apears to have come out .. so expect a vid at some point (won't be very exciting as I was rusty and no overtaking in the corners allowed!).
Had a hunt round for (a Tenere) LH-ER5, but failed to find him/it yet ... ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LustyLew |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LustyLew World Chat Champion

Joined: 19 Apr 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:41 - 15 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I left. Sorry.
Kinda had a gut feeling I wouldnt enjoy it. Did the sighting lap but just didnt feel safe in myself. Pretty annoying really but 'least it didnt cost anything. Oh, and I didnt shag my tyres!
Was amusing to watch all different bikes out there mind you! ____________________ Like a Yorkie - I'm not for the girls  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 141 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|