|
|
| Author |
Message |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 22:25 - 01 May 2009 Post subject: £1k-fifteen 'undred quid = VFR750 or CBR600 - or neither |
 |
|
Yes, the title is suitably gay and yes, I am seriously asking this.
Current bike, GPZ500 - first bike
Been a biker all of 20 minutes in real time, or passed test in August in this crazy world. Hadn't even been on a bike for 10 years prior to that.
Happy ish with what I've got - I like it
But, itchy fingers - money to spend
Always wanted a CBR600 because when I was a nipper I wanted one, so now it's a case of fulfilling boyhood dreams (but without the fit blonde nurses) - but is it a case of never meet your heros?
However, VFR750 seems to do everything I want down to a tee; research suggests it's comfortable, reliable, good for touring. Downsides, a bit of weight and it's a jack of all trades master of none
I can't say I'm anywhere near as good as the GPZ is yet, ie the bike will outsmart me as a rider easily.
What do I do - man up and swap in for either, or just fcuking get on with riding the GPZ and see if I can get the pig flu rash from my fingertips?
Advice please  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| BenR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 BenR World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T0MMY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T0MMY World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| sagalout |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 sagalout Nearly there...

Joined: 09 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:02 - 02 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Meh - may have to go on hold until Jan when my policy is due for renewal - they want 6 times what I'm currently paying  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Noxious89123 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Noxious89123 World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Jun 2007 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T0MMY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T0MMY World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:55 - 03 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I was quite surprised by how cheap the insurance was on my CBR6, I wanted an NC29 but couldn't justify it as it was more to buy and probably the same to insure, still prefer the little 400s though
I don't think you can go far wrong with a CBR600 to be honest, they really do everything well from trackdays to touring, mine's even quite good on fuel, better than the little Bros 400 I used to commute on.
Tell you what, I'll do a swap for your ITR  ____________________ ZX6R + CBR600RR |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:52 - 03 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
LOL - no you're ok fella, I think I need to keep hold of the ITR
May call on you for some advice when I do go bike hunting though  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| colin1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 colin1 Captain Safety
Joined: 17 Feb 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| swiftb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 swiftb World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 17:29 - 16 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 17:36 - 16 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nah I don't mind broadening the range - all suitable suggestions listened to
First one looks like it could well be a bit of me. I'll look a bit further into those and keep them in mind.
Had no idea you could get those triumphs for that kind of money now - and yes, that's definitely a bit of me. I like that I'll run some quotes through and see what the insurance does
Unfortunately the last one is out just because of the insurance - they want far, far too much money to justify it
Thanks for the help  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:43 - 25 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T0MMY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T0MMY World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:48 - 25 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm guessing he maybe meant to start an auction at that price? It's too low even for a scam as it would be too obvious  ____________________ ZX6R + CBR600RR |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:52 - 25 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Seriously considering this but it's bloody miles from me and I don't want to get there to find it's shite
Or there's this one, but it doesn't seem to be an original colour and the lack of stickers is putting me off - that and the fact I'll look like a bumblebee  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| T0MMY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 T0MMY World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:04 - 25 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
There's loads around so you can afford to hold out for a good one, the paint scheme on that first one makes it look a bit old fashioned somehow compared to say this:-
https://www.motoplanete.com/honda/CBR-600-97.jpg ____________________ ZX6R + CBR600RR |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:22 - 25 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I quite liked it actually but then I am a bit retro
Been looking for weeks now - that yellow one is the only one that's come up anywhere near my price range and anywhere near where I live
That said I'm in no rush, got to MOT the GPZ this week anyway |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| stinkwheel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 stinkwheel Bovine Proctologist

Joined: 12 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:56 - 25 May 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Perversely, you might find the VFR a bit cheaper to insure on account of them not being crashed as much.
Not quite as sports focused as a CBR but you are getting a lot of motorcycle for your money and I can vouch for the build quality.
I'd rather have a moderately high mileage VFR than a similar CBR. The VFR will definately age better. ____________________ “Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| arry |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 arry Super Spammer
Joined: 03 Jan 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|