Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Your first ever BCF post

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Your first ever BCF post Reply with quote

So, what was it, and has your BCF writing style/personality changed much since?

From the thread The police and you

c_dug wrote:
when i had my TS50x i got pulled once for a 'routine check' about a week after i had passed my CBT,

i spoke to the officer and he said that there were a lot of these bikes stolen and that i looked wobbly and unsure of what i was doing on the road when i was riding, i thought fair enough about the stolen bikes but explained to him that i was a new rider and if he wasnt following me about 4 feet from my rear wheel for the last 2 miles i wouldnt have had to keep watching him in my mirrors, and could have concentrated on riding strait, he seemed to understand and let me go within 2 minutes of being pulled over.


I think i was trying to sound too proper and posh, i guess trying to hide my youth at the time Laughing My use of capitals and punctuation has definetly improved, i also remember the incident with the police and i definetly exagerated it in my post to try and impress the gods that were BCF, trust me i didnt do any explaining to the copper, i just stood there and nodded quivering in my 16 year old skin Laughing
Im definetly more myself on here now.

c_dug ( V this bit is an edit V)
c_dug << its so nice ill say it twice Wink Laughing
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first ever post was deleted quite some time ago.

It will however have been a troll post because I joined BCF as part of a forum invasion instigated by clanger.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
My first ever post was deleted quite some time ago.

It will however have been a troll post because I joined BCF as part of a forum invasion instigated by clanger.


I have heard of this "invasion" before, care to elaborate, where from, why etc etc?

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Mine was this:

Mudskipper wrote:
Hiya,

This is my first post (resurrecting an old thread too)!

Just wondering if anyone has a scanned version of the wiring diagram for the CBR125 (or at least the part with headlight wiring on!)?

I'm desperately trying to get the knacked-up bike I bought to a rideable state, but some plank massacred the wiring at the front. Any help much appreciated!

Cheers


I resurrected a dead thread, then spammed the same post into the workshop to try to get an answer!!! Shocked Shame on n00bie me.

In my defence, my 3rd post was helping out in the workshop, so I think I redeemed myself. Wink

Funnily enough I actually thought my first post was when I got dismissively put down by ZRX61, I remember feeling slightly put out at the time, nowadays I look out for and thoroughly enjoy his scything, uncompromising input into threads. Laughing
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:54 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Personally I think the best thing to do is keep your 50cc restricted or buy a 125cc. If you are 16 like me just wait until you're 17 and stay within the law. If you really want it de-restricting take it to the garage like everyone is saying. £60 is cheap compared to the Peugeot dealer near me that de-restricts for £100.


My god I was a know it all Embarassed At least now I actually know something.

I found something funny in my second post.

Quote:
I am also very small (5ft 2")


Laughing I've grown 4 inches since then.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:14 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:

I have heard of this "invasion" before, care to elaborate, where from, why etc etc?

c_dug

Clanger had been on here trolling the safety nazis* then reporting back. Others of a mischevious nature decided to join in with the fun.

Before you knew it there was a full scale invasion, thread hijacks, flame wars all sorts. Only time I've seen black karma

In fairness, quite a lot of people stayed. If their join date was 11th or 12th July 2004, they were probably part of said invasion.

*Not a difficult task I'm sure you'll agree.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:21 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that invasion. Laughing

My first newbie thread. No introduction or nothing. Laughing

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=182864&highlight=#182864
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread has got me started now!

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1242724&highlight=#1242724

Laughing
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:23 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine involved my desire for leather and man love.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:33 - 06 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This appears to be mine:-

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=24#24

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:50 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted: 18:36 - 21 Sep 2005 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got on the road for about £850
bike £250
cbt £120
insurance £360
helmet £100
gloves £15

buy a crappy old bike and get used to it first. and remember ebay rules for low cc cheap bikes

Nearly 4 years ago
Laughing
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:17 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:
Hi

This appears to be mine:-

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=24#24

All the best

Keith


Shocked Kickstart really is the oracle
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:36 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post from 2006:
===============================================
New to the forum - cant believe I have only just found this site !
Anyway - had a good ride down to the South coast via Devils Dyke today and took some pics of my bike.
===============================================

The responses ranged from:
1) Being told that my high level harris pipe was ugly.
2) Informed to remove my animated avatar.
3) Flip making some sarcy comment about me having an animated avatar.
4) Being told to join the SE section ... where I have stayed ever since. Smile
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:04 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan the wrote:
Shocked Kickstart really is the oracle


I assume he posted it as a guest.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:16 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was asking for advice on how to get petrol off the carpet before the missus got home Thumbs Up
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=157584&highlight=
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:20 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe mine was helping out in the workshop, never really made an introduction thread.

For some reason it's not letting me delve back through anything other than the first page of my previous posts though. Sad
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was registered on nsr125.co.uk, my first post on the real BCF was as a guest...

guest wrote:

I don't know where you have got your quotes for insurance from, but I am 18 and I ride an NSR125RK (1991), and my insurance is £412 with Bennets... Try getting a quote from www.bennets.co.uk


Followed by Dodd saying:
Doddmaster wrote:
Annabella, maybe you should try clicking in that link! Its not what I was expecting...


and Keith:
kickstart wrote:

Hi

Mmmm, strange web site Ann. I think you meant to spell Bennetts with 2 Ts to get the insurance company!

All the best

Keith


minesweeper wrote:

strangely think some users of this site perfer ann's link to the correct one or is just bennetts insurance group branching into new markets.... just noted the dj's name... accidental mistake i think not just advertising your job


Fab, my first post on the shiny new forum and I link everyone to a pron site. Thumbs Up I think I have developed slightly more attention to detail since 2002.
____________________
Avast! Pirates ahoy!
I did Cadwell! Very Happy
www.bikepics.com/members/bella
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:59 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear gods, don't time fly? Shocked

ZZ-Rse wrote...
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:01 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

"no posts meet your search criteria" Confused must have been deleted my first pages aren't there any more.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:04 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know mine - I am on my 2nd carnation.

My first name was r1NSR and I cant remember my password. Crying or Very sad
____________________
My mum smells your fingers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:08 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will be taking my bike test soon at age of 18. Once i passed i wanted to know which bike to buy. I havent realy ridden any bikes apart from my mountain bike:). But i was thinking of a restricted R6 either a 2000 or 2003 model..so thats the kinda bike i want...any ideas


HAHAHA! I lied like hell! I wasn't gonna be 18 for another year Laughing Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Feasty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey all

my bike has been misfiring/popping for a while now, recently I've worked out it's only under stress when this happens. Accelerating, higher speeds etc.
I've filled up with a full tank of Esso Supreme plus additive and since, whilst I ride gently without harsh acceleration, the bike is smooth as anything. Especially since topping up the transmission oil! I've also noticed a bit of black spitting from the exhaust that wasn't there previously...
However, the minute I push the bike - reaching speeds of 50+ or accelerating highly...blah blah blah...


Blimey I do go on a bit sometimes! I was having issues with my Yamaha SR125 that I never fully resolved before I managed to part-ex the bike. It's probably in a bin somewhere by now! Laughing

That was nearly over 3 years ago, how time flies!
____________________
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Minty
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:22 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minty wrote:
I don't know mine - I am on my 2nd carnation.

My first name was r1NSR and I cant remember my password. Crying or Very sad


Peek-a-boo!!!!

My first post:
r1NSR wrote:

I have read other posts and thought that the sluggishness I have on my r1 NSR was coz it needed rejetting. Rung a local service shop and got told it is more likely the exhaust and powervalve needs decoking. Any suggestions. Guy in shop says best to live with it and try and keep it in the powerband - which I do but I thought if cheap to fix then I will fix it. Oh, and it is sluggish between 6-7k.


I said 'coz' and I was 31 years old. I apologise profusely.
____________________
My fingers smell of your mum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:26 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
"no posts meet your search criteria" Confused must have been deleted my first pages aren't there any more.


You said...

Quote:
omg you have to have them on front and back! never got stopped before i only have mine on the back have no where on front to put one actually. will have to get a pic and show you what i mean sometime.


https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=643570

Just do a search on yourself as an author, and sort the results by post date ascending.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:32 - 07 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first post just gets funnier and funnier Laughing

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=125621&highlight=
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 153 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 139.26 Kb