Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Question about visors

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Phil_D
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 08 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 27 May 2009    Post subject: Question about visors Reply with quote

Whats everyones opinions on mirrored (chrome) visors? how much do they affect your vision? Do you need to treat them the same as dark tinted visors and swap them when it gets dark?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 27 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

They do make it darker, and yes you probaby would want to swap them when it is dark.

Not sure there are any mirrored visors that are legal at any time of day or night.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:21 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they have the same "Daytime use only" or "Race use only" type warnings on them the same way blackies do.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c-m
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:50 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of any yellow visors? I've been after one for a while for my HJC, I find with yellow glasses that everything is brighter and much more clear.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pernig
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jul 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:29 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

c-m wrote:
Does anyone know of any yellow visors? I've been after one for a while for my HJC, I find with yellow glasses that everything is brighter and much more clear.


I think the closest you might be able to get is a yellow pinlock, if your visor will take it.
____________________
H100 Breaking for spares
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:18 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

c-m wrote:
Does anyone know of any yellow visors? I've been after one for a while for my HJC, I find with yellow glasses that everything is brighter and much more clear.


https://www.racevisors.co.uk/category/visors-genuine-hjc-05

there you go.. theres a gold one or rainbow..

shoei do yellow visors but HJC dont seem to Sad
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil_D
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 08 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:45 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do many of you carry a spare visor in a backpack if you are unsure whether you will be riding afterdark before returning home?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Phil_D
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 08 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

so do many of you carry a spare visor in a backpack if you are unsure whether you will be riding afterdark before returning home?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:49 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yellow visors enhance contrast in rainy days and in low-light conditions and also filter out the sun in the same way that black visors do. Athletes (well my housemate who plays b-ball for Lufbra Cardinals) wear orange tinted contact lenses (if prescribed) to enhance their vision on the court where you have spot lights etc.

With regards to chrome or mirrored visor; the coating is usually physical vapour deposited but requires multiple coatings. Consequenlty, you get a yellow/brown/orange sort of tint as a result which I found messed up my colour recognition at traffic lights and found it difficult to tell a brake light apart from an indicator from a distance. On the other hand, dark tint (black visors) are more of a neutral grey/green/blue tone.
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c-m
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:55 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the hjc hj-09 visors have pinlocks? I can't tell
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:23 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_D wrote:
so do many of you carry a spare visor in a backpack if you are unsure whether you will be riding afterdark before returning home?


I've a clear and a tinted visor, but personally I don't like carrying a spare visor. If I'm out for the day and know there's a chance I'll be back in the dark I use the clear visor with a tinted pinlock and carry the clear pinlock. It's smaller and easier to carry, as it fits under the seat.

I was told to tuck the spare visor around my hips under my leathers, but it niggles me and I can't concentrate, same with the backpack things - maybe my size or just due to me being odd Embarassed
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BadDog
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonka wrote:
I was told to tuck the spare visor around my hips under my leathers, but it niggles me and I can't concentrate, same with the backpack things - maybe my size or just due to me being odd Embarassed


I do the visor tuck round my left hip - I find it bothers me a lot less than a rucksack or my courier bag. I think I'm a bit weird but I secretly believe that in the event of an accident it will protect one of my kidneys Confused Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 28 May 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadDog wrote:
I do the visor tuck round my left hip - I find it bothers me a lot less than a rucksack or my courier bag. I think I'm a bit weird but I secretly believe that in the event of an accident it will protect one of my kidneys Confused Wink


Yeah, I agree it does feel like a random extra piece of protection, but the visor fits right round my hip (left) and one end is over my tummy and then the other end's right against my spine. Where I'm leant against the tank the end digs in and it reminds me it's there! Think it must be size and riding style dependant! Smile
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 138 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.61 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 78.94 Kb