Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


EU elections - who gets YOUR vote?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Who do you plan to vote for in the EU elections tomorrow?
Liebour Scum-Sucking Thieves Party ('L' is for Lice)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Tory
18%
 18%  [ 20 ]
Lib Dems
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Scottish National Party/Plaid Cymru/A Norn Iron type party
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Greens (lol!)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
BNP (don't need to state what the N stands for ;)
23%
 23%  [ 25 ]
UKIP (or BNP in diguise...? ;P)
16%
 16%  [ 17 ]
Other small party
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I won't be voting as a form of protest
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
I won't be voting for another reason (under 18, can't be arsed, busy, unable to travel etc)
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 106

Author Message

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: EU elections - who gets YOUR vote? Reply with quote

Well I couldn't find a thread on this already, so I thought I'd see how BCF-ers are planning to vote in the European elections tomorrow, or if you won't be voting at all.

I won't be voting until around 9pm as my kids school is the flipping polling station! Laughing

And I am very strongly leaning towards going against my staunch Labour Anti-Tory upbringing and going blue.

Best of a bad bunch, Labour are utter [Hetzer]degenerate scum[/Hetzer] and the Lib Dems are a bunch of motorist-hating dreamers. A vote anywhere else is wasted in my opinion.

So, now I've revealed, where are you leaning?
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy with the services provided by the gouvernment, police, NHS all fine to me.

I'm happy with my pay/taxes (As happy as you can be)

I'm happy with the way the gouvernment have delt with the ression.

So why change? They're all the same anyway.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno who to vote for, all i'm concerned about is working and my boss paying me so why should i take time out to lose money to vote? Also who do i vote for? they're all complete an utter fucking idiots who couldnt run a porn shop let alone the country even though they are relativly the same fucking thing.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I can't get home in time and I missed the deadline for postal votes I've missed out. If it was the general elections then I would make more of an effort, I just hope either way we end up out of the EU.. (would have voted for an out of europe party)
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:28 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same as above, i'm at uni and I left it too late to put in a postal vote.

As such i'm really struggling to see a difference through the parties anyway, I genuinely don't know who i'd want to vote for.

What I do know is I wouldn't vote for the BNP. Smile
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ncrn wrote:
I just hope either way we end up out of the EU.. (would have voted for an out of europe party)

Why?

People seem to be so anti-EU, just because mainly of all the negative press from the UKIP etc. You do realise that being outside of the EU we would stand to lose much more than we gain. IMO.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:43 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
ncrn wrote:
I just hope either way we end up out of the EU.. (would have voted for an out of europe party)

Why?

People seem to be so anti-EU, just because mainly of all the negative press from the UKIP etc. You do realise that being outside of the EU we would stand to lose much more than we gain. IMO.


Maybe its cause I'm easily influenced by someone who talks well about their cause, or maybe its because I don't tend to go into masses of depths with politics but I've never heard any good points from joining the EU, all I've heard about really is how the countries that joined the EU and took on the euro quickly found everything became more expensive while their wages went down, I also remember hearing about some laws that came in that effected British farmers negatively so that EU farmers can get a positive. Also the EU brought in the ridiculous new bike test if I remember correctly. I can't think of one good point to the EU if I'm totally honest.
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mudskipper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:55 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want us out of the EU (would never happen anyway), just to have a bit more say in it, such as the 1mph issue with the new bike test.

EU trade is massively important and there are other benefits too. It's better to be a part of it, we just need a bit more backbone there without too much spazzy immigration-hysteria.
____________________
CBR125|||GSXR400|||CBR400|||CBR400|||CB250RS|||GSXR750|||CB250RS Mr. Green
"You're clumsy, you eat too much and you behave like a 12 year old boy. But you know what? Every once in a while, you find a thumb."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

benjami
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually unsure who I'm going to be voting for.

It'll be one of the big 3, mainly between tories and lib dems atm. I'm going to look into who will get my vote now before I go to bed.

First time voting too - i'm sure it'll be so exciting Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Catalyst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting for UKIP, the "Top 3" have all been claiming more than they should have yet they have a go at labour? Look in the mirror and maybe they will realise they are just as bad and have claimed just as much as each other, just trying to pass the buck.

I will never vote for the top 3, i'd rather be out of the EU than have people stealing my hard earned money and spending it on a third house.

UKIP are slightly like the BNP except they actually have an understanding of how to run a country not just get immigrants out. The one thing that does annoy me is when people complain about the government or tax but then say they don't vote, if you're not going to vote then don't bloody complain!
____________________
|--Previous--|:2007 Aprilia SX50...Neutral--Current--|: 2007 Kawasaki ER-6N
SlimRick - I can cook really well - but it's a useless skill, as I'm not a woman and it's their fucking job!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 03 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never get a voting card through the door so never get to vote Sad
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cal91
Nearly there...



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:31 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There all banning 2 strokes so fuck the lot of them!

I WANT OUT OF THE EU!

Its crap. I watched a presentation by the UKIP party. It said they want us out of the EU for 5 years to sort out immigration etc and I quite liked what they said Very Happy

But they are all eco-mentalists who which I hate Smile
____________________
We are the Patriots! Love your country.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:16 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon B wrote:
You do realise that being outside of the EU we would stand to lose much more than we gain. IMO.


Can you explain that statement?

The EU has turned from a trade agreement into a gigantic power monster creating what is effectively the United States of Europe. Trade agreements are one thing but we're systematically handing over control of everything to another country.

Norway and Switzerland aren't in the EU and they do just fine, they simply sign various agreements that have the same effect that they decide would be beneficial but aren't actually bound to accept everything that EU members do.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

cal91
Nearly there...



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:20 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
Jon B wrote:
You do realise that being outside of the EU we would stand to lose much more than we gain. IMO.


Can you explain that statement?

The EU has turned from a trade agreement into a gigantic power monster creating what is effectively the United States of Europe. Trade agreements are one thing but we're systematically handing over control of everything to another country.

Norway and Switzerland aren't in the EU and they do just fine, they simply sign various agreements that have the same effect that they decide would be beneficial but aren't actually bound to accept everything that EU members do.


I agree with everything he just said Thumbs Up
____________________
We are the Patriots! Love your country.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:35 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
Jon B wrote:
You do realise that being outside of the EU we would stand to lose much more than we gain. IMO.


Can you explain that statement?

The EU has turned from a trade agreement into a gigantic power monster creating what is effectively the United States of Europe. Trade agreements are one thing but we're systematically handing over control of everything to another country.

Norway and Switzerland aren't in the EU and they do just fine, they simply sign various agreements that have the same effect that they decide would be beneficial but aren't actually bound to accept everything that EU members do.


I would prefer we did it the way Norway and Sweden did things then. Thumbs Up
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:33 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
I never get a voting card through the door so never get to vote Sad



They,ve done away with having to show your voting card at the polling station a few years ago, just turn up and state your name if your registered you will be on the ballot officers list.

stupid system as anyone can turn up and state a name possiblty voting twice.
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:58 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice that the new series of Big Brother starts tonight?

I wonder how many people will stay in to watch that, rather than vote Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I will be voting UKIP, the major players have all been shown to lie, repeatedly, maybe it's time for someone else to have a chance? Alot of their policies sound good, they may not implement them well or atall, but atleast they might, if the Tories come into power again....they sure as hell won't change anything!
____________________
Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:09 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Tory, wouldn't vote BNP as they have racist undertones, and won't vote UKIP since they are essentially BNP in drag.
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

s44678
Guest





PostPosted: 09:19 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngelGrinder wrote:
Anyone else notice that the new series of Big Brother starts tonight?

I wonder how many people will stay in to watch that, rather than vote Rolling Eyes



It's an effective filter actually. If you are enough of a mong to think Big Brother is more important than voting, then we don't want your vote anyway.
 Back to top
You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:21 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngelGrinder wrote:
Anyone else notice that the new series of Big Brother starts tonight?

I wonder how many people will stay in to watch that, rather than vote Rolling Eyes


Quote:
BOOKMAKERS WIILLIAM HILL are offering 10/1 that disgruntled voters will boycott the Euro Elections as a protest, resulting in the lowest ever voter turnout since they began in 1979. 'The lowest ever voter turnout for the Euro elections was in 1999 when only 24.02% voted' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe, 'You couldn't rule out that record being lowered even further this time out'
WILLIAM HILL: EURO ELECTION VOTER TURNOUT:
Less than 30% - 5/1
30 – 34.99% - 11/4
35 – 38.83% - 11/8
Over 38.83% - 5/2
UKIP CLOSE IN ON LABOUR
UKIP have been backed from 9/4 to 7/4 with William Hill to win more seats at the Euro Elections than Labour, who have lengthened from 4/6 to Evens to beat that Party, with a tie between them offered at 3/1.
Hills have also cut their odds for UKIP to end up with 15 or more seats from 7/4 to 5/4. They are 4/7 not to collect that many.
HILLS OFFER 1/5 THAT THE BNP WILL WIN A SEAT, 3/1 THAT THEY WILL GET FIVE OR MORE; WHILE THE GREEN PARTY ARE 3/1 TO DOUBLE THEIR NUMBERS TO TEN OR MORE

____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Raffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:05 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If YOU don't vote, YOU don't count.
____________________
A good loser will always be a loser.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went down there, having had no actual information from any of the parties except Labour (Rolling Eyes yeh right) and Tory (Back in the days of Howard yes... now... pff) I stated on my facebook I was going for BNP/UKIP as a shakeup vote (note the poll running at present... Neutral)...

Voted UKIP as had candidates for both local and MEP, but if there hadn't of been I'd of had to have gone BNP.

Never want either of them in power, I just want this left wing stupidity to get curbed, and once the politicians realise the public is not moving in quite the same way they thought they might wake up a bit.

Anyway, already had one half caste person on my list castigate me and then unfriend me. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Elizabeth Sagnia at 11:44 04 June via Facebook Mobile
i take proper offence to that. Bnp bunch of racists after all the bad press they have had lately i thought you would of known better than to write that!!

____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:34 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1930 Ariel wrote:
I never get a voting card through the door so never get to vote Sad


I'm sure Labour will make use of it in the traditional Brum manner.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:38 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know who to vote for. I haven't voted before because i haven't felt the need to until now. I picked tory in the poll up there. But then realised all the crap thats been in the news lately about the main partys. I might vote ukip/bnp just to scare the shit outta the other partys when the realise how the country is voting. Or do i not vote at all and just let whatevers happening happen. Or can someone tell me who to vote for or just go down and offer my name and vote twice lol.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 04 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurricanehollis wrote:
I'm voting for UKIP, the "Top 3" have all been claiming more than they should have yet they have a go at labour? Look in the mirror and maybe they will realise they are just as bad and have claimed just as much as each other, just trying to pass the buck.

I will never vote for the top 3, i'd rather be out of the EU than have people stealing my hard earned money and spending it on a third house.

UKIP are slightly like the BNP except they actually have an understanding of how to run a country not just get immigrants out. The one thing that does annoy me is when people complain about the government or tax but then say they don't vote, if you're not going to vote then don't bloody complain!


That's pretty hilarious. You refuse to vote for people who have used expenses for duck houses and mortgage payments, but you're happy to vote for a party led by someone who's taken £2,000,000 in expenses for propaganda purposes.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 132 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.18 Sec - Server Load: 0.7 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 145.91 Kb