|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Moonie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moonie World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:30 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: Worried about tattoos. |
 |
|
I'm gonna be 18 in February and am planning on getting some ink.
I've wanted these tattoos for about a year, I picked two designs that are about things I have loved for a long time, not just a passing thing, and have had the designs in my room so I see them all the time and still love them, but I still keep thinking what if I get them and hate them, or what if I hate them 20 years down the line.
The designs are the trojan record label logo, and a biomechanical piece on the inside of my calf with a rear shock instead of my shin bone.
I really want these but keep getting nervous about whether I'm going to love them all my life.
Any advice? ____________________ Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bruvaD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bruvaD L Plate Warrior
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AngelGrinder |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AngelGrinder World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jun 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Steve H |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Steve H World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Oct 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:39 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Assuming that you're gonna get them done despite what anyone says in this thread...
Do your homework and find a good tatoo artist, look at his/her portoflio, discuss your designs with him/her, be sure that you're happy with his/her work prior to taking the plunge.
I've seen some god awful tattoo's that could have been pretty good if the individual concerned had taken the time to find a tatttooist who was sympathetic to the needs and requirements of the customer and was (at the very least!) competent at their job.
Take your time making the decision. ____________________ Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:40 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hi
From someone who has zero desire for a tattoo, unless you are 100% certain you want them for life then don't bother. You will have to live with them (OK, if you are desperate you can pay for someone to make an attempt at removing them in the future).
Pretty certain that anything you think of as cool now will be far from cool in 20 years time.
All the best
Keith ____________________ Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Blue_SV650S |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Blue_SV650S World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Nov 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:45 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Why not try a henna (sp) tattoo for a while?
p.s. I think faded and stretched tattoos on old people are just repulsive ... that'll be you one day  ____________________ The purpose of life is to fight maturity. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mudskipper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mudskipper World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moonie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moonie World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:54 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I support Leeds, there's nothing wrong with that.
I have checked out a very very good artist, I've seen his work on alot of my freinds parents and parents freinds, plus checked out his portfolio. He also specialises in biomechanical work, his designs are exactly what I want, and I know he is good at putting them on people.
I'm getting them on my chest (Like Bonny's Dianese logo) and my inner calf, so it's not so obvious.
Anyone got any ink they regret?
Anyone able to describe what it's like getting/having a tattoo? ____________________ Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile 
Last edited by Moonie on 11:55 - 08 Jun 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:10 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Agree with mudskipper, you may get mockery. Would expect more people know the trojan condoms then the music.
As for the logo, I'm big enough and ugly enough to get away with being 'just another prick with a logo'. Expect heckling. It makes me happy, and I have my own reasons (in essence, dianese = bike, bike = happy, ergo tattoo = reminder that bikes make me happy. Very important when you're as miserable a git as I am), but asides from italians and bikers NO ONE knows mine.
I've had star wars, space invaders and all kinds of weird ones  ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moonie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moonie World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:17 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm sure I can deal with the mockery as long as I like it.
I'm pretty sure about the trojan one, was brought up with 1st and 2nd gen ska/reggae and have always loved it. ____________________ Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:29 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Moonie wrote: | I support Leeds, there's nothing wrong with that.
I have checked out a very very good artist, I've seen his work on alot of my freinds parents and parents freinds, plus checked out his portfolio. He also specialises in biomechanical work, his designs are exactly what I want, and I know he is good at putting them on people.
I'm getting them on my chest (Like Bonny's Dianese logo) and my inner calf, so it's not so obvious.
Anyone got any ink they regret?
Anyone able to describe what it's like getting/having a tattoo? |
Which artist are you using? I am a voice of experience as I have a tattoo I regret and I'm only 20 so it can happen, not so much the design but the artist is wrong. You learn from your mistakes, though its best not to make them in the first place if you can help it.
First of all I have alot of respect for you as you clearly have thought about it before having it done and that is rare in our age group. Usually people go out and get stars or tribals to look cool, which doesn't look good.
Second you have to build up a relationship with the guy that is doing it, as this is your skin so you have to be sure its what you want. My tattooist is one of the best in England and I'm proud of that, and the work he has done on me he is proud of too, and I'm never letting anyone else ink me but him.
Third, when you have the right artist, make sure you have the right design. It doesn't matter what other people will think, because they are not the ones wearing it, you are. When you are happy with the design and the artist, then you should go for it, don't listen to anybody else. Even if its a monkey in a hitler uniform flinging shit at Jesus, if it means something to you then who gives a toss what other people think.
When it comes to getting the tattoo, yes, it hurts. Anyone who says it doesn't was probably fingered as a child and thus desensitised to the pain. The amount it hurts differs from region to region however, the most painful one I have had is in the armpit. If it doesn't hurt, its likely that it makes a nice twinge in a related muscle. By nice I mean not nice. For example, getting the upper portion of my arm done made my neck twinge even though the needle was nowhere near it.
Lastly as you already know, its not a good idea to get a tattoo in a place which can't be covered up.
Hope my rambling helps in some way.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bruvaD |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bruvaD L Plate Warrior
Joined: 12 Mar 2009 Karma : 
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Moonie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Moonie World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Feb 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:19 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Cheers for the help everyone
The tattoo is Mike Strange, based in Brackley I think.
Never met the guy but having seen his work I know I wanthim doing it. Apparently he is safe as fuck too. ____________________ Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| t121anf |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 t121anf World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Feb 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| amnesia |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 amnesia Spanner Monkey
Joined: 21 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Irezumi aka Reuben |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Irezumi aka Reuben Carrot Top
Joined: 28 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| phantomtek |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 phantomtek Lil Joe Tek
Joined: 20 May 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:18 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Clanger wrote: | I always wanted one in my teens, but I wasn't sure what to have or where to have it. So I waited till I was well into my 20's.
I do not regret mine, I like it very much, and still do.
However, I do design tattoos for friends, and they are largely cover-up designs for those cringing at what they thought was cool in their teen years.
It's basically up to you. Your body, your choice. |
I second this, I am an advocate of traditional Japanese artwork as it is timeless aswell as beautiful. Clanger, though we are not friends in the traditional sense, I have an idea for a tattoo and wouldn't mind it being drawn up if you have the artistic skill and spare time? Would chuck a few quid your way! PM me if you want, though no worries if you don't wanna!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mac_Black |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mac_Black World Chat Champion
Joined: 25 Nov 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Handsome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Handsome World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 Dec 2005 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Flip |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Flip Super Spammer

Joined: 28 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 23:43 - 08 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:38 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I designed both my tattos myself (well, the atlantic ocean may have helped a bit on the Cornwall one but the final application is mine), so I know they are both unique. I will only have black tattoos but that is just down to me and I may relent for a design the missus wants me to get.
At the end of the day, it is your choice but it is a permanent one, so make it carefully and make sure that you are happy with the design. I would never go into a shop and pick a generic tattoo, but that is because I am fairly artistic (no, not autistic) and want my ink to be mine and mine alone. I don't leave my designs with the artist I use either.
The next tattoo will be a Rossi one and the missus may also have the same one done but again, I have drawn it and I am happy with my design.
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|