|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 04:30 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: Dropped my phone :'( |
 |
|
Then drove over it with an articulated lorry
Ok, so it wasn't loaded but it still weighs about 22tons empty... to be honest I was quite shocked that it still looked like a phone when I went to retrieve it albeit with a strange curvature, memory card survived, sim is badly bent but that still works at least.
I didn't actually notice this had happened until I realised it was missing and some kind chap had picked it up and put the sim in his phone so I could ring it, he was still on site so I went and got it off him.
The poor lifeless corpse of my K800i....
https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/kiowan/Misc/K8001.jpg
https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/kiowan/Misc/K8002.jpg
I failed to believe it was truely a gonner, so I rebent the battery terminals and managed to get it to work sort of, well nothing worked except the red light and the camera flash kept going off repeatedly before it made this loud popping noise and i threw it across the cab, i've had to let it go.
So back to my trusty 3510 now, anyone got a K800i they want shot of? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fnatic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fnatic World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 06:46 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Quite suprised how much of it isn't damaged. Would of expected it to be flattened.
Unlucky anyway!
 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| truslack |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 truslack World Chat Champion

Joined: 08 Apr 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:36 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
K800s are very tough phones, I think 22 tons may have been pushing it a bit too far though  ____________________ Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Icey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Icey World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Apr 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:34 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have a K800i, but it'll cost you a £150 (the cost of iPhone repair)
Once I get my iPhone fixed from the 'dropping' incident then it'll be spare if you still need one. ____________________ Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Charlie |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Charlie World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 May 2007 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 10:57 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
If I can find my old k800i when I go home you can have it. I can't remember if it works or what not... but it is in better condition than your current one
Should be home this weekend... but I haven't a clue where it is. ____________________ Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dr. DaveJPS |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dr. DaveJPS World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:42 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
you need a sonim  ____________________ "intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 11:45 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Ahhh gutted!!!
At least you have a spare phone, I mean you could've given it away or something, then you'd have no phone at all!  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iooi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iooi Super Spammer

Joined: 14 Jan 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:47 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
You not got any phone ins ??? Or take the hit on the house ins.  ____________________ Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am...... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Finglonga |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Finglonga World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jul 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Visitor Q |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:52 - 09 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Oh yeh, he's going for it...
That'l T-cut right out
Coat, door etc ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|