Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Dropped my phone :'(

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:30 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Dropped my phone :'( Reply with quote

Then drove over it with an articulated lorry Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


Ok, so it wasn't loaded but it still weighs about 22tons empty... to be honest I was quite shocked that it still looked like a phone when I went to retrieve it albeit with a strange curvature, memory card survived, sim is badly bent but that still works at least.

I didn't actually notice this had happened until I realised it was missing and some kind chap had picked it up and put the sim in his phone so I could ring it, he was still on site so I went and got it off him.



The poor lifeless corpse of my K800i....

https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/kiowan/Misc/K8001.jpg
https://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff264/kiowan/Misc/K8002.jpg




I failed to believe it was truely a gonner, so I rebent the battery terminals and managed to get it to work sort of, well nothing worked except the red light and the camera flash kept going off repeatedly before it made this loud popping noise and i threw it across the cab, i've had to let it go.

So back to my trusty 3510 now, anyone got a K800i they want shot of?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fnatic
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:46 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite suprised how much of it isn't damaged. Would of expected it to be flattened.

Unlucky anyway!

Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

K800s are very tough phones, I think 22 tons may have been pushing it a bit too far though Laughing
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Icey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:34 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a K800i, but it'll cost you a £150 (the cost of iPhone repair) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Once I get my iPhone fixed from the 'dropping' incident then it'll be spare if you still need one.
____________________
Mutley - 1988 Austin Mini City - Blog
Suetonius - 1966 Series Land Rover - Blog
Uma J - 1981 Honda 'Naked' Goldwing GL1100 - Blog
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:57 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can find my old k800i when I go home you can have it. I can't remember if it works or what not... but it is in better condition than your current one Laughing

Should be home this weekend... but I haven't a clue where it is.
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:42 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a sonim Laughing
____________________
"intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:45 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh gutted!!!

At least you have a spare phone, I mean you could've given it away or something, then you'd have no phone at all! Shocked
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

iooi
Super Spammer



Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:47 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You not got any phone ins ??? Or take the hit on the house ins. Thumbs Up
____________________
Just because my bike was A DIVVY, does not mean i am......
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Finglonga
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:12 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the truck ok?https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/finglonga/Ne%20nau/ne_nau.gif
____________________
Andy Sez....
F.Y.Y.F.F.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Visitor Q
$25 whore



Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:52 - 09 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeh, he's going for it...

That'l T-cut right out

Coat, door etc
____________________
China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:03 - 10 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

iooi wrote:
You not got any phone ins ??? Or take the hit on the house ins. Thumbs Up


No phone insurance, I bought it second hand (was still £80 a couple of years ago) and just use my PAYG sim. House insurance hadn't even occured to me, gonna see what they can do, might not be worth it given the cost of a second hand one. ds55 if you find yours that would be good, thanks, a few in the freeads.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 116 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 1.02 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 70.31 Kb