Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


One of those moments which can't be explained.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ajb
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: One of those moments which can't be explained. Reply with quote

A day or two ago I was sat at a red light awaiting to proceed on a crossroad. I was fairly chilled out, traffic wasn't amazingly busy.

I saw the light go green, for a reason I still can;t explain I didn't belt it off like a BSB rider, after a slight hesitation, I had moved all of one foot forwards and I did see in front of me two cars.

One from the right and one from the left both attempted an amber run to avoid having to wait a cycle of lights. The car from the left wanted to turn right (up the road I was on) and the one from the right wanted to go straight over. I have no doubt at least one of them passed through a red todo this, they almost collided and beeped a bit, with me looking on.

All I can think of is that had I moved off quicker, I might have well been between these two fuckers !!

Obligatory paint diagram below, I must say, I wasn't going to post about this reletively uneventful happening, but the lure of using MS Paint cut the deal for me.

As can be seen by the colour coded vehicles and their respective intended paths, myself and 'innocent car' were fairly lucky. The yellow arrow represents the distance I had moved in what must have been 5 or 6 seconds of green light for me.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/obligatorypaintdiagram.jpg
____________________
CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jefr0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

'One of those moments which can't be explained'

Seems like you explained it to perfection and with the diagram Laughing

Makes ya think though don't it. I always assume someone is gonna do it even if it has been green for me for ages.
____________________
Rides: Honda XR 125 ('03) Honda CBR 600F ('91), Ducati 916 Biposto ('95)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think he meant that the one time he didn't belt away from the lights there's a a couple of amber-gamblers playing chicken at the junction. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ajb
Crazy Courier



Joined: 14 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 26 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefr0-CBR6 wrote:
'One of those moments which can't be explained'

Seems like you explained it to perfection and with the diagram Laughing

Makes ya think though don't it. I always assume someone is gonna do it even if it has been green for me for ages.


Well, you know, I couldn't think of a decent title. Even still, why the hell did I move off like a granny ? Laughing
____________________
CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

neil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:23 - 27 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because in the Highway Code, green means 'move off if it's safe to do so'? Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

LankyPaddy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:22 - 27 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your light was green, theirs would have been red. Amber gambler taken to the extreme...
____________________
Say, do you have any Gatorade? I'm afraid I left all my electrolytes with your daughter.
Current bike: SV650S K8
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:57 - 27 Jun 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standard for my part of Birmingham.
Quote:
from Brummy Highway Code....
Green light signifies that after three cars cross your path it is safe to procede.

____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.54 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 53.69 Kb