|
|
| Author |
Message |
| ajb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ajb Crazy Courier
Joined: 14 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:03 - 26 Jun 2009 Post subject: One of those moments which can't be explained. |
 |
|
A day or two ago I was sat at a red light awaiting to proceed on a crossroad. I was fairly chilled out, traffic wasn't amazingly busy.
I saw the light go green, for a reason I still can;t explain I didn't belt it off like a BSB rider, after a slight hesitation, I had moved all of one foot forwards and I did see in front of me two cars.
One from the right and one from the left both attempted an amber run to avoid having to wait a cycle of lights. The car from the left wanted to turn right (up the road I was on) and the one from the right wanted to go straight over. I have no doubt at least one of them passed through a red todo this, they almost collided and beeped a bit, with me looking on.
All I can think of is that had I moved off quicker, I might have well been between these two fuckers !!
Obligatory paint diagram below, I must say, I wasn't going to post about this reletively uneventful happening, but the lure of using MS Paint cut the deal for me.
As can be seen by the colour coded vehicles and their respective intended paths, myself and 'innocent car' were fairly lucky. The yellow arrow represents the distance I had moved in what must have been 5 or 6 seconds of green light for me.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/obligatorypaintdiagram.jpg ____________________ CBR125R '05 > CB500 '00 > CBR600F '99 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Jefr0 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Jefr0 World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 22:06 - 26 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
'One of those moments which can't be explained'
Seems like you explained it to perfection and with the diagram
Makes ya think though don't it. I always assume someone is gonna do it even if it has been green for me for ages. ____________________ Rides: Honda XR 125 ('03) Honda CBR 600F ('91), Ducati 916 Biposto ('95) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KevTM |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KevTM World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:13 - 26 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Think he meant that the one time he didn't belt away from the lights there's a a couple of amber-gamblers playing chicken at the junction.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ajb |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ajb Crazy Courier
Joined: 14 May 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| neil. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 neil. World Chat Champion

Joined: 24 Feb 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 06:23 - 27 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Because in the Highway Code, green means 'move off if it's safe to do so'?  ____________________ CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| LankyPaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 LankyPaddy Scooby Slapper

Joined: 09 Apr 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 07:22 - 27 Jun 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
If your light was green, theirs would have been red. Amber gambler taken to the extreme... ____________________ Say, do you have any Gatorade? I'm afraid I left all my electrolytes with your daughter.
Current bike: SV650S K8 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 99 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|