Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Funeral music

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:06 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Funeral music Reply with quote

There's been talk of death on BCF in recent posts, so to finish off this maudlin twaddle...What music do you want played at your funeral. 1 song allowed and reasons please.

I have chosen this little ditty by The Dead Kennedys

"Nazi Punks Fuck Off"

Punk ain't no religious cult
Punk means thinking for yourself
You ain't hardcore cos you spike your hair
When a jock still lives inside your head

Nazi punks
Nazi punks
Nazi punks-Fuck Off!

Nazi punks
Nazi punks
Nazi punks-Fuck Off!

If you've come to fight, get outa here
You ain't no better than the bouncers
We ain't trying to be police
When you ape the cops it ain't anarchy

[Repeat chorus]

Ten guys jump one, what a man
You fight each other, the police state wins
Stab your backs when you trash our halls
Trash a bank if you've got real balls

You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go

[Repeat chorus]

You'll be the first to go
You'll be the first to go
You'll be the first to go
Unless you think

Reason....shit i haven't thought of one...I'll have a think


Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Catalyst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:10 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Enemy - Last Goodbye

Just because it's one of my favourite tunes and the lyrics are apt.

Clicky


Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know I'm going
Everybody's telling me that I'm wrong

Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know it's showing
The cracks are growing, it's not long

Well if you want me there, come and get me
I'm leaving this world behind
If you hate me then try and take me
Your words wont even break my stride

As I wave my last goodbye
I wont feel shame, I wont ask why
There's no place to hold my bet
There's no heaven for those who pray

Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know I'm going
Everybodys telling me that I'm wrong

Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know it's showing
The cracks are growing, and it's not long

Well if you want me there, come and get me
I'm leaving this world behind
If you hate me then try and take me
Your words wont even break my stride

As I wave my last goodbye
I wont feel shame, I wont ask why
There's no place to hold my bet
There's no heaven for those who break

As I leave this world behind
Every woman, man, and child
I wont hear you call my name
I'm in a place where souls can stay

If you want me, then come and get me
I'm leaving this world behind
If you hate me, then try and take me
Your words wont even break my stride

As I wave my last goodbye
I wont feel shame, I wont ask why
There's no place to hold my bet
There's no heaven for those who pray.
____________________
|--Previous--|:2007 Aprilia SX50...Neutral--Current--|: 2007 Kawasaki ER-6N
SlimRick - I can cook really well - but it's a useless skill, as I'm not a woman and it's their fucking job!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:15 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I just said in the other thread, simply to get a rise out of some, and to pay an homage to my dark sense of humour, Green Day "Haha You're dead" (though I will try find a more insulting song about death before I do die):

How do you get your sleep at night?
How did you get your noose so tight?
Like chewing on tinfoil, it's so much fun
Gonna be dead before your gone

Cause look how things have gotten
And I'll be happy so I won't pretend
And I'll be cheering that you're going down
And I'll be laughing, I'll be laughing

How many feelings can you steal?
Gotta be part of your appeal
I can see through you cause you're wearing thin
Like chewing on tinfoil once again

Ha Ha you're dead
And I'm so happy
In loving memory
Of your demise

When your ship is going down
I'll go out and paint the town
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead

(ha ha ha)

Ha Ha you're dead
The joke is over
You were an asshole
And now you're gone
As your ship is going down
I'll stand by and watch you drown

Ha Ha you're dead
You're gonna be dead
Just remember what I said
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fnatic
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:22 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Gv4dvTh-Q
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:02 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Talk - the version by Captain Sensible:

Captain Sensible wrote:

Happy talkin', talkin Happy talk
Talk about things you'd like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true

Talk about the moon floating in the sky
Looking like a lily on a lake
Talk about the bird learning how to fly
Making all the music he can make

Happy talkin' talkin Happy talk
Talk about things you'd like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true

Let's talk about the star looking like a toy
Peeking through the branches of a tree
Talk about the girl talk about the boy
Counting all the ripples on the sea

Happy talkin' talkin Happy talk
Talk about things you'd like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna make a dream come true

Talk about the boy saying to the girl
Golly baby I'm a lucky cus
Talk about the girl saying to the boy
You and me are lucky to be us

Happy talkin' talkin Happy talk
Talk about things you'd like to do
You've got to have a dream
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna make a dream come true
And if you don't talk happy
And you never have a dream
Then you'll never have a dream come true

____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

karoshi
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:02 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

my dad's always said that he wants "Come up and see me" by Steve Harley at his funeral Smile

I'm tempted by In the garden of Eden by Iron Butterfly.. preferably performed live with a 30 minute organ solo in the middle Very Happy
____________________
Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - Elwood P. Dowd
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:39 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out Of My Way - Seether

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnw5QlcHNsw

"Out Of My Way"

Out of my way
Out of my, way

[Pre-Chorus]
I can’t pass up this opportunity to make myself absurd,
I can’t pass up this opportunity to let myself be heard.
Would you, like to, be the one who sees me lose this all,
Would you, like to, be the one who sees me fall.

[Chorus]
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up son, I’m doin’ this my way
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up son, I’m doin’ this my way

You like to think the worst is over now, but you cant breathe at all
You like to think you’re owed a favor now, man you’ve seen it all

Did you, want to, be the one who pushed me off the wall,
Did you, want to, be the one who let me fall.

[Chorus]

You can’t hold me down..
You can’t hold me down..
You can’t hold me down..
You can’t hold me down..

[Pre-Chorus]

[Chorus]

Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up, I’m doin’ this my way
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up, I’m doin’ this my way
Out of my way
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:49 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did suggest 'Ding-dong the witch is dead' for my mam when I was about 14.

Entirely in jest of course, but it would be funny. Laughing

My uncle had 'Bat Out of Hell' which is cringeworthy.

I'd quite like the Theme from Taxi Driver on Alto Sax played at my funeral - track 4 on the soundtrack I believe. Tis an excellent piece of music.

Funerals are overrated anyway - stick me in a cardboard box and plant a tree on top of me - preferably a Coast Redwood, and put the land in a trust so no-one can buy it and cut down the tree. That should do it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:55 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got these two and yet to make my mind up.

Youtube links with English translation.

Rammstein - Stirb Nicht Vor Mir (Don't Die Before I Do)

Rammstein - Ohne Dich (Without You)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Martay
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:16 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

time of your life - greenday.
cant think of a reason atm, il get back to you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR6uz_VTCUo&feature=related
____________________
Eat well, poo hard Very Happy
Drives: Cavalier 2.0 16v
Rides: Slightly ratted Honda City Express Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:41 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said in another post, Tits out for the lads - various artists:

Get your tits out
Get your tits out
Get your tits out for the lads
Get your tits out for the lads.

Repeat x3

Reason? Hopefully everyone will get their tits out....for the lads....which will be a hoot.

On a more serious note, Nothing Else Matters, Metallica:

So close no matter how far
Couldnt be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I dont just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know

So close no matter how far
Couldnt be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know

Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I dont just say
And nothing else matters

Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters

Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
And I know



It's a nice song with good lyrics, and will probably make people cry, so mission accomplished really.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scouse
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

For giggle's it would have to be 'hot in herre' - Nelly.

If I was being cremated then I would like the idea of this being played as my coffin moved along the conveyor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

the grim reaper
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is this, it would be priceless:

Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...


Cheers

Grim
____________________
Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:12 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought of asking for something like 'the Bright Side of Life' - same as Grim above. It's a song you can't help but smile to, and I'd prefer to go out to smiles than tears. Cool
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reason? Hopefully everyone will get their tits out....for the lads....which will be a hoot.
...having visions of Aunts at my funeral doing that....It could endup being quite a flappy show...and not nice.
You'd have to have an age limit 17-35 and no family members to join in.

Pat
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:51 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evenescence - My Immortal

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

All by myself - Eric Carmen...

Livin' in a box - Living in a box...

Wink
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:57 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

november rain guns and roses

mate had worzals combine harvester
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:47 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I could have Darth Vader's Deathmarch playing when the coffin is wheeled in.

As the coffin is leaving, i'd have some really evil, scary and sad chants playing at a meduim volume.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

stelmer wrote:

As the coffin is leaving, i'd have some really evil, scary and sad chants playing at a meduim volume.


Oh Fortuna - Handel

Perhaps?
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The999Kid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:54 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like this played at my funeral aswell..

The Lamb - Tavener
____________________
NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 21 Jul 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProvectusIncurro wrote:
stelmer wrote:

As the coffin is leaving, i'd have some really evil, scary and sad chants playing at a meduim volume.


Oh Fortuna - Handel

Perhaps?


Something like that. Or Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D minor. All of it, played loudly.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 74 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.37 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.71 Kb