|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:06 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: Funeral music |
 |
|
There's been talk of death on BCF in recent posts, so to finish off this maudlin twaddle...What music do you want played at your funeral. 1 song allowed and reasons please.
I have chosen this little ditty by The Dead Kennedys
"Nazi Punks Fuck Off"
Punk ain't no religious cult
Punk means thinking for yourself
You ain't hardcore cos you spike your hair
When a jock still lives inside your head
Nazi punks
Nazi punks
Nazi punks-Fuck Off!
Nazi punks
Nazi punks
Nazi punks-Fuck Off!
If you've come to fight, get outa here
You ain't no better than the bouncers
We ain't trying to be police
When you ape the cops it ain't anarchy
[Repeat chorus]
Ten guys jump one, what a man
You fight each other, the police state wins
Stab your backs when you trash our halls
Trash a bank if you've got real balls
You still think swastikas look cool
The real nazis run your schools
They're coaches, businessmen and cops
In a real fourth reich you'll be the first to go
[Repeat chorus]
You'll be the first to go
You'll be the first to go
You'll be the first to go
Unless you think
Reason....shit i haven't thought of one...I'll have a think
Pat ____________________ Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Catalyst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Catalyst World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:10 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The Enemy - Last Goodbye
Just because it's one of my favourite tunes and the lyrics are apt.
Clicky
Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know I'm going
Everybody's telling me that I'm wrong
Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know it's showing
The cracks are growing, it's not long
Well if you want me there, come and get me
I'm leaving this world behind
If you hate me then try and take me
Your words wont even break my stride
As I wave my last goodbye
I wont feel shame, I wont ask why
There's no place to hold my bet
There's no heaven for those who pray
Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know I'm going
Everybodys telling me that I'm wrong
Ever feel so down you can't go on
Ever feel so down you can't go on
I know it's showing
The cracks are growing, and it's not long
Well if you want me there, come and get me
I'm leaving this world behind
If you hate me then try and take me
Your words wont even break my stride
As I wave my last goodbye
I wont feel shame, I wont ask why
There's no place to hold my bet
There's no heaven for those who break
As I leave this world behind
Every woman, man, and child
I wont hear you call my name
I'm in a place where souls can stay
If you want me, then come and get me
I'm leaving this world behind
If you hate me, then try and take me
Your words wont even break my stride
As I wave my last goodbye
I wont feel shame, I wont ask why
There's no place to hold my bet
There's no heaven for those who pray. ____________________ |--Previous--|:2007 Aprilia SX50... --Current--|: 2007 Kawasaki ER-6N
SlimRick - I can cook really well - but it's a useless skill, as I'm not a woman and it's their fucking job! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Original Muzza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Original Muzza World Chat Champion

Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 01:15 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
As I just said in the other thread, simply to get a rise out of some, and to pay an homage to my dark sense of humour, Green Day "Haha You're dead" (though I will try find a more insulting song about death before I do die):
How do you get your sleep at night?
How did you get your noose so tight?
Like chewing on tinfoil, it's so much fun
Gonna be dead before your gone
Cause look how things have gotten
And I'll be happy so I won't pretend
And I'll be cheering that you're going down
And I'll be laughing, I'll be laughing
How many feelings can you steal?
Gotta be part of your appeal
I can see through you cause you're wearing thin
Like chewing on tinfoil once again
Ha Ha you're dead
And I'm so happy
In loving memory
Of your demise
When your ship is going down
I'll go out and paint the town
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead
(ha ha ha)
Ha Ha you're dead
The joke is over
You were an asshole
And now you're gone
As your ship is going down
I'll stand by and watch you drown
Ha Ha you're dead
You're gonna be dead
Just remember what I said
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead
Ha Ha you're dead ____________________ Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fnatic |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fnatic World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 May 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 06:22 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mistergixer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mistergixer World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| karoshi |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 karoshi Brolly Dolly

Joined: 28 Jun 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:02 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
my dad's always said that he wants "Come up and see me" by Steve Harley at his funeral
I'm tempted by In the garden of Eden by Iron Butterfly.. preferably performed live with a 30 minute organ solo in the middle  ____________________ Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it. - Elwood P. Dowd |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:39 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Out Of My Way - Seether
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnw5QlcHNsw
"Out Of My Way"
Out of my way
Out of my, way
[Pre-Chorus]
I can’t pass up this opportunity to make myself absurd,
I can’t pass up this opportunity to let myself be heard.
Would you, like to, be the one who sees me lose this all,
Would you, like to, be the one who sees me fall.
[Chorus]
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up son, I’m doin’ this my way
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up son, I’m doin’ this my way
You like to think the worst is over now, but you cant breathe at all
You like to think you’re owed a favor now, man you’ve seen it all
Did you, want to, be the one who pushed me off the wall,
Did you, want to, be the one who let me fall.
[Chorus]
You can’t hold me down..
You can’t hold me down..
You can’t hold me down..
You can’t hold me down..
[Pre-Chorus]
[Chorus]
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up, I’m doin’ this my way
Nobody’s gonna stand in my way
Give it up, I’m doin’ this my way
Out of my way |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| D O G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 D O G World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:49 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I did suggest 'Ding-dong the witch is dead' for my mam when I was about 14.
Entirely in jest of course, but it would be funny.
My uncle had 'Bat Out of Hell' which is cringeworthy.
I'd quite like the Theme from Taxi Driver on Alto Sax played at my funeral - track 4 on the soundtrack I believe. Tis an excellent piece of music.
Funerals are overrated anyway - stick me in a cardboard box and plant a tree on top of me - preferably a Coast Redwood, and put the land in a trust so no-one can buy it and cut down the tree. That should do it. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stelmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stelmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:55 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Martay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Martay World Chat Champion
Joined: 20 May 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| GhostRider |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 GhostRider World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:41 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
As said in another post, Tits out for the lads - various artists:
Get your tits out
Get your tits out
Get your tits out for the lads
Get your tits out for the lads.
Repeat x3
Reason? Hopefully everyone will get their tits out....for the lads....which will be a hoot.
On a more serious note, Nothing Else Matters, Metallica:
So close no matter how far
Couldnt be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters
Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I dont just say
And nothing else matters
Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know
So close no matter how far
Couldnt be much more from the heart
Forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
But I know
Never opened myself this way
Life is ours, we live it our way
All these words I dont just say
And nothing else matters
Trust I seek and I find in you
Every day for us something new
Open mind for a different view
And nothing else matters
Never cared for what they say
Never cared for games they play
Never cared for what they do
Never cared for what they know
And I know
It's a nice song with good lyrics, and will probably make people cry, so mission accomplished really.
GhostRider ____________________ I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Scouse |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Scouse World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Feb 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 12:08 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
For giggle's it would have to be 'hot in herre' - Nelly.
If I was being cremated then I would like the idea of this being played as my coffin moved along the conveyor. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:40 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine is this, it would be priceless:
Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.
And...always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the light side of life...
For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.
So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath
Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
And always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the right side of life...
(Come on guys, cheer up!)
Always look on the bright side of life...
Always look on the bright side of life...
(Worse things happen at sea, you know.)
Always look on the bright side of life...
(I mean - what have you got to lose?)
(You know, you come from nothing - you're going back to nothing.
What have you lost? Nothing!)
Always look on the right side of life...
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:12 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I always thought of asking for something like 'the Bright Side of Life' - same as Grim above. It's a song you can't help but smile to, and I'd prefer to go out to smiles than tears.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Howling TerrorOutOfOffice |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Howling TerrorOutOfOffice Super Spammer

Joined: 05 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The999Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The999Kid World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:51 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Evenescence - My Immortal
I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone
These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me
You used to captivate me
By your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts
My once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away
All the sanity in me
These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me
I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me ____________________ NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| pa_broon74 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 pa_broon74 World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 17:01 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
All by myself - Eric Carmen...
Livin' in a box - Living in a box...
 ____________________ Didn't catch anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| andyscooter |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 andyscooter World Chat Champion

Joined: 30 May 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stelmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stelmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The999Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The999Kid World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The999Kid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The999Kid World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 18:54 - 21 Jul 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I would like this played at my funeral aswell..
The Lamb - Tavener ____________________ NDB 19/10/1989 - 1/11/2010 |Nowhere.Elyseum wrote: I get the distinct feeling that Tim should be our secret weapon for future trolling. I don't know many people that can rip the piss in Iambic pentameter |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Stelmer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Stelmer World Chat Champion

Joined: 31 Dec 2006 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 75 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|