Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Just crashed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

JaMeZ
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Just crashed Reply with quote

Iv just recently been a huge crash, luckily my bike flung me far away from the main area on impact so I got away lightly with a few broken leg bones and bruised ribs, and they say theres no point wearing leathers on a 125, any who I was wondering how much a new HD125 wheel would cost, my bikes a Hongdou HD125, a clone of the Honda CG125?
____________________
Love Master
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Lee_367
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:54 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

will a cg125 one fit? try eBay or a breakers yard Karma
____________________
?It?s mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack?not rationality.?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes a CG wheel will fit, in some cases a CB wheel will also fit.

they go for around £60 on ebay
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ade067
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:19 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

A CG wheel may fit but its spoked and the wheels on the HD125 are alloys...at least they are in this pic i found of a HD125.. https://bike-exchange.com/21030420.jpg

They do look very similar to GS125 wheels to me,I wonder if one would fit?

If all else fails though I guess a spoked CG wheel would get it mobile again but if the crash was as huge as you say it was are you sure theres no other damage done?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr Pants!
I Karma



Joined: 29 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 09 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and they say theres no point wearing leathers on a 125


Sounds like you are lucky to be around mate.

There is every reason to where the proper gear on anything that passes 30mph!

A mate of mine got knocked off his CB100 at 38mph by a police car, ohhhhh, back in 1987 and the only reason he still has two legs and not one is due to his leathers. That is from the surgeons mouth.

So always wear the proper gear, even if you do feel a little silly in it sometimes. I don't mind wearing all the gear now on my R1, but when I used to ride my DT50 and my dad used to make me where the gear whilst my mates were all in jeans and cool jackets I could not understand why he was so set in his ways.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Mr Pants! (Alex or Al)
Its better to burn out, than to fade away....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:41 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

CG125s also have drum brakes. The pictured bike has a disc brake.

While the cg's brakes aren't that good, I suspect goin without would be a fair bit worse Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JaMeZ
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they had a front disk break and a rear drum break, my wheel is exactly like the one in the picture, there was other damage to the bike like twisted frame cut cables e.t.c but my friend the mechanic sorted it all out, replaced the handle bars and stripped it, moulded the frame back and the rest. But I know that wheels are expensive thats why I was wondering if you guys knew were I could get one cheep. Yes I am lucky to me around, the police lady said that whilst the person in the car was crying, it was quite a shock Shocked
____________________
Love Master
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JaMeZ
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:14 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought they had a front disk break and a rear drum break, my wheel is exactly like the one in the picture, there was other damage to the bike like twisted frame cut cables e.t.c but my friend the mechanic sorted it all out, replaced the handle bars and stripped it, moulded the frame back and the rest. But I know that wheels are expensive thats why I was wondering if you guys knew were I could get one cheep. Yes I am lucky to me around, the police lady said that whilst the person in the car was crying, it was quite a shock Shocked
____________________
Love Master
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

yohomiesmelly...
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a gs125 wheel from a suzuki. It is alloy and should fit. I have one if you want it for a small price.

cheers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

JaMeZ
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:14 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah sure how much you willing to let it go for? and do you think it'l fit?
____________________
Love Master
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ade067
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:42 - 10 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
CG125s also have drum brakes. The pictured bike has a disc brake.


Oh yeah,I didn't think of that...doh!

Oh wait hang about,the new CG does actually have disc brakes on the front! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Reano
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 11 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:46 - 11 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a close call today as well, i would be shocked too, normally tho i cover my shock with rage.....which is a shame, lol, im sure if i had broke my legs id be more worried about my pug xr6 then myself Razz
sorry to hear that james, get well soon man Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JaMeZ
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:22 - 11 Jun 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't worry about me, I just want my bike to get better, yeah I had minor injuries, but it could of been worse Shocked
____________________
Love Master
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 115 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 1.28 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 77.93 Kb