Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Facebook, How not to use it

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Fnatic
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:25 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Facebook, How not to use it Reply with quote

https://imgur.com/6zjNO.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lee8040
Nearly there...



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:22 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

already in the found on the internet section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pa_broon74
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:33 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does make you wonder though...

I've written some blog stuff on my bebo thing ages ago never really thinking to deeply about who'd read it or what conclusions they'd come to...

Other than I might be a chav for having bebo in the first place... Which by the way I have a perfectly valid excuse for, which I don't don't feel suitably insecure enough about the topic to share here.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Didn't catch anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:20 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know people from my work are on my FB, so I'm suitable careful when deciding what to post about.

People forget it's a public area, and if you're going to slag off your work on it I think you deserve everything you get.

Penny CoinPenny Coin
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cal91
Nearly there...



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

BIG MASSIVE LOL!

Thick shit.
____________________
We are the Patriots! Love your country.


Last edited by cal91 on 19:07 - 11 Aug 2009; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

nick606
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

cal91 wrote:
BIG MASSIVE Laughing

Thick shit.


big massive ? Laughing

sames happened in work before but it was a warning not a full blown firing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick606 wrote:
cal91 wrote:
BIG MASSIVE Laughing

Thick shit.


big massive ? Laughing


Read it without smilies turned on Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:36 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a tangential matter, I thought I would just show you the insidious nature of Facebook.

Now, I'm pretty much a diehard convert, I like it, and I aren't about to close my account right now.

But here's a prtscr of [some of] my apps listings - which I decided to prune, having been doing a lot of faffing about with pointless apps and quizzes lately.

These (!!) have been generated by an innocent looking little application called "Send Your Friends a Bouquet of Roses", which ostensibly shows up a lovely bunch of red roses, but which you have to send on to 16 friends to see (but its all the same bunch, anyway, so a traditional FB con).

However ... its fairly unlikely that the well-meaning and quite kindly lady who sent me the orginal bunch of red roses actually meant to send me any of THESE (I had to keep opening it to realise I was getting lumbered with different "Send your Friends ..." apps every time I accessed the rose-bunch application)

So be careful what you send.
And to whom.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:05 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

jap scat porn Hellkat Shocked never had you down as that sort of gal!

anyway repost! haha. I got here yesterday withi t in found on net. But you got more attention Crying or Very sad
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:10 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragonfly wrote:
jap scat porn Hellkat Shocked never had you down as that sort of gal!

Exactly.
In an innocuous bunch of roses, that LOVELY heading leapt out at me, LOL.

I emailed the lady who sent me the roses and told her, look what you sent me, and she was embarrassed, but she couldnt figure out how it was done.

But there's some weird shit (pardon pun) going on under the "sweet and innocent" face of Facebook.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I have my send items turned on and it shows I have send poeple stuff and I havnt, like that time facebook told me that you revied a trike I sent and didnt sent one Confused thats not on! it tells me friends comment on my funny name and when I go to see what this person said there is none. Facebook lies!
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Re: Facebook, How not to use it Reply with quote

Fnatic wrote:
https://imgur.com/6zjNO.jpg
Laughing Brilliant, I have lot's of work people added on FB, I always make sure there's nothing on there to get me in much trouble.

She looks like a young lass from her pic, with age comes experience. Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nufkamp
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never accept anything on FB, I only use it to keep in the know with whats going on locally. I have no interest in a shag I cant feel, a drink I cant taste or a flower I cant smell. I do not want to join anyone's mafia gang, or help them plough an imaginary farm field and I certainly dont want to know what date I am going to die or how long my next turd will be.

My friends they may be, but I wish most of them would get a fucking life. Smile
____________________
As seen on Google Street View https://tinyurl.com/yfdvojc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:34 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nufkamp wrote:
...imaginary farm field...


FarmVille is bloody awesome Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cal91
Nearly there...



Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:54 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for farmville.

Although, I've just spent all my hard earned on it. I do hope I remember to harvest this crops otherwise I am pretty stuffed.
I just expanded my land thats all.
____________________
We are the Patriots! Love your country.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha loser, I realized as soon as I added loads of people from my work I should check out my photos. Sure enough one of the first pics of me is me in a rasta hat with a massive spliff from about 3 years ago.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuff like this is why I go into privacy settings and stop people from work from seeing pictures of me, status updates etc.


Although, I still wouldn't do anything as stupid as that. Laughing
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never send or accept stuff on FB.
I have had a couple of people from here as friends on FB but then dropped them (sorry girls nothing personal, it does not mean I dislike you) as I just use it for people that I actualy know face to face.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:38 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is equivalent of facebook for business people. It does the thing that facebook does, of announcing to any of your associates things like you joining a group.

Except a guy at work, has joined a group for a recruitment company, which does make it look like he's looking for a new job. I dont think he realises, everyone he has added, may be thinking he is looking for another job...

Just hope he hasnt added his boss as a friend.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 11 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

cal91 wrote:
+1 for farmville.

Although, I've just spent all my hard earned on it. I do hope I remember to harvest this crops otherwise I am pretty stuffed.
I just expanded my land thats all.


I'm level 22 with 14,165 experience Embarassed

So annoying that you can't expand farms anymore than 16x16.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

st3v3
Super Spammer



Joined: 16 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:13 - 12 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHR15 wrote:
and thats why ive not added anyone from work! and i think before posting.

and really, do not insult farmtown or farmville.
They are completely fucking gay. Barn Buddy is another, what a load of cockshite. Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:16 - 12 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's class.

One reason why everyone should have a sudonym on the internet...including FB. I like it that all my friends join in with my FB sudonym and call me that when they speak to me !! Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:52 - 12 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear lord, an I thought it was just my missus and her mates that were sad for playing farmville, prompting me to post the following on her wall...

"Louise S****n has just attained the level of Gaytard in farmville".

She was non too impressed.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neil.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:05 - 12 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleting my FB account was the best thing I ever did. Thumbs Up
____________________
CBT February 2008 | A2 June 2008 | Yamaha YBR125 (written off) | Honda CBF125 (current)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:25 - 12 Aug 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil.martin wrote:
Deleting my FB account was the best thing I ever did. Thumbs Up


See why cant you all moaning ones either delete or do what Ariel done (which was me he deleted and Hellkat Neutral ) but I dont care I dropped loads of mine to.

Farmtown FTW!
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 52 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 0.47 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.23 Kb