|
|
| Author |
Message |
| KZG0L1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KZG0L1 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 03 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wizzzard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wizzzard World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:58 - 21 Aug 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hello.
If you drive already I would say DAS everytime as road sense is a very important part of riding and you should have some degree of that already.
If you don't drive then maybe a little while pootling around on a 125 would do you the world of good. You can usually pick up a used 125 at reasonable money and sell it on for maybe the same a few months down the line and then do your DAS.
Whichever you choose welcome to BCF  ____________________ And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Whosthedaddy |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Whosthedaddy Super Spammer
Joined: 11 Dec 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 12:04 - 21 Aug 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
DAS.
I'd never been on a bike other than on the CBT.
Like you was not sure what's the best option, in the meanwhile passed my theory and then decided on the DAS. Its the best thing I have ever done. You will not regret it! ____________________ Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| map |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 map Mr Calendar

Joined: 14 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| KZG0L1 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 KZG0L1 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 03 Aug 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NotPamGrier |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NotPamGrier Derestricted Danger

Joined: 19 Aug 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:33 - 21 Aug 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
lol – this is exactly the situation I was in myself few weeks ago (did my CBT mid July).
I have gone down the ‘buy a 125 now’ and then will do my DAS early next spring – I am starting to regret the decision already! Finances were a big part of the decision – plus I do drive as well, so getting around wasn’t main factor – my future biking is all about fun!
Like you, when I did my CBT it was the first time I had ridden a bike, never mind a geared one – I was only ever been a pillion before that. After a few weeks of trying to work out what I should do I got myself a great little YBR125 and have spent the last few weekends and evenings going out to get practice and confidence on the road. Luckily I have a very good friend with the patience of a Saint who is willing to come out and suffer tootling around Bracknell with me at 50mph, demonstrating hill starts and reminding me when I have forgotten to cancel my turn signals.
Don’t get me wrong, I love my bike – but boy do I wish it had more power! I have managed to max it at 66mph downhill!
Saying all of that, I have never been happier than when I am out on my bike – even completed my first trip into work this morning without incident (just - ).
(p.s. - theory test already booked.....) ____________________ only a ninja can sneak up on another ninja
------------------------------------------------------
YBR125 (sold) --> GS400E (sold) --> SV650s (my silver baby!) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| angryjonny |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 angryjonny World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Sep 2006 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| metalangel |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 metalangel World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Feb 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:21 - 21 Aug 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Definitely DAS - being free to choose any bike you want without the hassle of restriction kits and such is worth the fuss.
And don't worry about doing one of the intense four day courses - spread it out over 1 or 2 hour lessons instead if you like. ____________________ Previous: 2002 Honda CB500 (sold), 2007 Suzuki SV650SK6 (crashed), 2005 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer (sold). Currently bikeless
"A faired bike will get you 10x more clunge than a unfaired one." -Marlboro Matt |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bacon |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bacon World Chat Champion
Joined: 09 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ClaireBear |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ClaireBear Traffic Copper

Joined: 27 Jun 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:39 - 21 Aug 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Go for the DAS- be worried about picking up bad habits otherwise
Good luck with your theory.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ClaireBear |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ClaireBear Traffic Copper

Joined: 27 Jun 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 12:58 - 23 Aug 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
On the otherhand though, my local instructor also recommends leaving a bit of a gap between the cbt and das as its a lot to learn in a short amount of time.
Due to this and financial reasons I think I might give a 125cc a go for a while but only for a while lol |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| NotPamGrier |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 NotPamGrier Derestricted Danger

Joined: 19 Aug 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:03 - 23 Aug 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I agree - the difference, and confidence I now have, in my riding in only 2 weeks on the 125 is noticable.
I know that I am no-where near natural on the bike yet but I feel I am no longer a danger on the road (well not to myself anyway). Luckily mother nature has been kind the past few weeks and I have been able to get out and about in the evening and weekends to practice my clutch control, cornering etc.
I know that by the time I come to do my DAS I will find getting onto the big bike easier than if I had gone straight onto it following my CBT.
(If only I could get the YBR125 above 64mph I might be happier to stay on it longer.... ...well maybe  ____________________ only a ninja can sneak up on another ninja
------------------------------------------------------
YBR125 (sold) --> GS400E (sold) --> SV650s (my silver baby!) |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 45 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|