Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Enduroland 'Endurofest' - 26th/27th September

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:48 - 05 Sep 2009    Post subject: Enduroland 'Endurofest' - 26th/27th September Reply with quote

I'm going to try and get along to one day of this at least, so that I can test/break my 690 and myself, before heading off the following week to Europe on it Confused.

Anyone else?
It's their 'usual' venue at Adstone. They claim you need book (don't pay 'till the day I think) tickets early.

https://www.endurofest.co.uk/

KTM will have big tank and probably various other questionable touring things on it including semi-road knobblies, so I don't expect to be going very fast (that and I haven't ridden off-road for ages Sad ).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

J D
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 06 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im literally about 2 weeks from finishing the kdx but i dont think it will be done in time Crying or Very sad
____________________
m0l0t0v wrote: Chris, just so you know, JD is a nutter Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

michael j
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:34 - 07 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks really good and I really enjoyed Enduroland last time. Considering going for the weekend and camping though...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 07 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I want to put my back through two days of getting knackered, though could be up for some trail riding one day or something. However, if I've got all my shit together, would definitely be up for camping to give it a quick trial-run. Of course, more likely I'll be panicing and not ready at all, with the bike in bits Razz.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

silky666
Captain Rulebook



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 07 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may come and take pics and stuff .... if I go, then will take the van if anyone needs stuff /kit transported up.
____________________
There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.

Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:31 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't suppose any rental/test bikes are likely to be about? Can't see anything on the site so I presume not.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:47 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome to have a play on the 690, but I'd definitely prefer it didn't get too broken and it may not be ideal (will be on ATC80s or similar, have a long range tank and pannier brackets, etc.)

Unfortunately the 200 is out of action needing a new exhaust and a few other bits.
There may or may not be my CRM125 floating about.

The trial* bikes etc they had before you still got fairly limited time. Had to pay to for your time on KTMs - which was with Ady Smith, so might be worth giving them a call.
*Trial as in for you to test, not to do trials on Smile.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:16 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the offer G, I'd hate to do any damage to your 690 though so wouldn't want to risk taking it out on a proper enduro track where I'm liable to have the odd spill.

It sounds like a pretty good event so I might come along if only for a bit of a nose round and the possibility of blagging a quick go on some demo bikes. I'm dying to do some muddy stuff on a proper light dirt bike atm, the 950's given me the bug.
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

michael j
World Chat Champion



Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:19 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom, I've got a GasGas EC300 which you are more than welcome to have a go on.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normally I'd be quite happy for people to abuse my bikes appropriately - however in this case I'll be taking the bike on a two week tour of Europe five days later, so unfortunately need to be a bit more cautious than usual.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dom
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Sep 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 08 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

michael j wrote:
Dom, I've got a GasGas EC300 which you are more than welcome to have a go on.


That'd be great, cheers. Very Happy

G, no worries, I'd be exactly the same if I were in your shoes. Thumbs Up
____________________
Photos and that
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.2 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 68.3 Kb