Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Today I did do- Golding Barn

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 09 Sep 2009    Post subject: Today I did do- Golding Barn Reply with quote

Its been a while since I dug the YZ125 out, decided to go to Golding Barn today (090909) as I hadn't been before (and Tonymoto was closed Rolling Eyes).

I had hoped after the green laning I had been doing, my offroad prowess would have improved considerably ... sadly - really struggled - and one of the slowest out there still - so clearly not!! Embarassed Laughing

Oh and I got shouted at again!! Embarassed

Anyhoo, here is some onboard/helmet cam video from the day - enjoy! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vV6sjViG90&fmt=18

Oh and for anyone that was thinking of going, I can recommend it - the chap that runs it was very friendly/good!! Thumbs Up
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tykey
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 25 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:21 - 09 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice vid dude! whereabouts in the uk is that?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:27 - 09 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

tykey wrote:
nice vid dude! whereabouts in the uk is that?


https://www.goldingbarnraceway.co.uk/directions.htm

Thumbs Up
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mrtEE
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:47 - 10 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did u get shouted at?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 10 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrtEE wrote:
why did u get shouted at?


Tends to happen with me!! Laughing

On this occasion, I don't think it was the guy being a tw4t ... I think he was simply 'beeping his horn' (so to speak) to avoid an incident.

I can only think he was going up my inside at that point, he had already committed to the move, but I moved over on my line and would have collided.

I had no idea he was there - its my line - he should have accounted for me coming over - his mistake ... but a simple shout (verbal beep) avoided an incident. i.e. I heard him shout put 2 and 2 together and then left a bit more room assuming someone was half way up my inside. An incident was avoided, so its all fine by me!! Smile
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:51 - 10 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like good fun, and a pretty no bad track. The track literally two minutes from my house is ok, a bit small, plus I don't have a wee light bike to go with but I would like to try a MX track at some point.

I don't know, but I wouldn't worry about what's behind me, if someone tries something funny from behind (ooh er) then it's his problem and responsibility to keep things contact free, it's not even competitive.. clip him around the ear next time Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:24 - 10 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:
Looks like good fun, and a pretty no bad track. The track literally two minutes from my house is ok, a bit small, plus I don't have a wee light bike to go with but I would like to try a MX track at some point.

I don't know, but I wouldn't worry about what's behind me, if someone tries something funny from behind (ooh er) then it's his problem and responsibility to keep things contact free, it's not even competitive.. clip him around the ear next time Wink


I don't care what is behind me ... to my mind it was HIS error that caused the situation, but at the end of the day a quick BEEP avoided any proper incident ... so I am not fussed ... well actually I am pleased as I'd have been a bit p1ssed off had he taken me out where he tried to go up the inside where there was no room!! Razz

I am more gutted that I was only just about quick enough to stay with some burd dressed in pink!! Shocked Embarassed
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 10 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue_SV650S wrote:

I am more gutted that I was only just about quick enough to stay with some burd dressed in pink!! Shocked Embarassed


Laughing A mans worst nightmare, eh?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:14 - 12 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeV6 wrote:
Blue_SV650S wrote:

I am more gutted that I was only just about quick enough to stay with some burd dressed in pink!! Shocked Embarassed


Laughing A mans worst nightmare, eh?


na, the worst nightmare is to get tranced by one!! Very Happy

To be honest, it was good to have someone of the sort of pace I could follow round. There were about 4 of us that were the same sort of pace, the rest were WAY quicker!! Embarassed
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 26 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.76 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 63.59 Kb