Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


What a tit !

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

AndyGB
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:50 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: What a tit ! Reply with quote

I am.

For the first time ever I put the disc lock on my bike when I parked it at work yesterday. So yes, when the time came to head home I forgot all about it and managed to move about 3 inches before the front wheel locked.

The crash bungs stopped the fairing from being damaged in the resultant drop but I've got to try and bend the brake pedal back out !

Embarassed
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nipedley
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:03 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should get one of those flourescent yellow reminder cables, they're very hard to ignore Wink I got one with my disk lock and no troubles so far in 6+ months of removing it before I ride off Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

skiffy
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 01 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:05 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate I did absolutely the same thing the other night after work, couldn't believe it.. Damaged my speedo cable
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blutonium92
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 15 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:08 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why i got a alarmed one from Lidl. was like 10quid and works a charm, as soon and you even slightly move it it goes off. So it goes off as you sit on it so you dont forget!
____________________
Now - Ducati 748, Laverda 650 Sport
Had- 56 Aprilia RS50, 03 Aprilia RS50, Hond VFR 400 NC30, Aprilia RS250, Suzuki SV650
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AndyGB
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:10 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what makes me a double tit, I do have one just didn't think to put it on as I thought there was no way I would forget !!


Nipedley wrote:
You should get one of those flourescent yellow reminder cables, they're very hard to ignore Wink I got one with my disk lock and no troubles so far in 6+ months of removing it before I ride off Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Throttle
Crazy Courier



Joined: 02 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on the bright side, at least you know it works!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:23 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, nice going (or not) Wink

I always give my bike a wee once over once I get back to it anyway so I'd notice things like that, especially if I put it on Laughing .

Got to laugh Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer



Joined: 01 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone Embarassed who did that three times, bending the brake disc each time. He Embarassed will never use a disc lock again.
____________________
Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pyx_e
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:09 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I put the Disc Lock on I also flick the kill switch (a trick I learned on here). Works for me.
____________________
Shiney!
Kawasaki: ER5, Versys, VN900.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TimNorwich
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:12 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I sometimes do the same thing, usually if its not where/when i'd put a disc lock on, i.e outside a shop... I sometimes put the lock on if theres yooofs about, and because I wouldn't normally I forget about it.


Luckily its alarmed, I just look like an ass for getting on my bike and hearing this loud assed alarm!
____________________
Speedshite 50cc > Honda XR125L > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 02 Honda Hornet > 05 Honda CG125 winter hack > 04 Kawasaki ER-5 > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > 05 Honda CBR600F > 01 Honda Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AndyGB
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 26 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:05 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to hear it's just not me. Now will I put it on again on Monday !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Drax
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:09 - 19 Sep 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only ever happens when youre in front of a crowd - & otherwise you stall!! Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 17 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.89 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 70.85 Kb