|
|
| Author |
Message |
| cal91 |
This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 cal91 Nearly there...

Joined: 16 Apr 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:48 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: I have learn't a few things about BCF. |
 |
|
1. No one is ever very friendly anymore, full of this sarcastic humour now. Constantly criticising others.
2. A poster will get ripped to shreds by others, if one person doesn't take a liking to the original post. Others will jump on the band wagon and join in, just karma raping the OP.
Has no one ever thought? The OP might have made a mistake, but no one can delete a 'Topic'/thead can they? So away goes some uncontrolled karma raping.
Why not read it, think 'Oh, this isn't my cup of tea' then swiftly leave it alone. It might not be to your liking, but it might be to others, ever thought that?
3. No one cares who anyone is anymore. Take 'allymoss' for example; he's been here for a long time and seems a genuine fella. Yet anyone will abuse the karma system. NO ONE thinks about how many people will vote on that single post.
Shows how friendly people are on here now doesn't it? Just throwing negative karma votes at people who quite frankly don't deserve it.
I posted 1 reply on a certain thread and got around 6 negative karma votes. All because I carried on with the orginal topic of the post and people didn't like it. People get bullied into not posting on a topic because a certain group of people don't like it. People won't post, they will be risking getting negative karma.
I just think people to think more before they click that mouse. Just think 'would I do that if I was face to face with them?' and then act.
I doubt this is gonna go down well, it might just create an example on how people act on here now. But quite frankly I don't care no more. If my own karma rating goes into the red, and my account locks up... I don't think I'll be making another in a hurry.
I think it should change.
Bring back the old BCF! ____________________ We are the Patriots! Love your country. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TUG |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TUG World Chat Champion
Joined: 12 May 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:13 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Lol put down the shotgun Ste, he might be useful one day!
When i started here i was a dick an i got flamed to death, after a massive reassessment i dont take to things so i dont really get the whole "go away" shit, though my rep still proceeds me.  ____________________ Haz ER-5, innit! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| wizzzard |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 wizzzard World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Mar 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:32 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
1. BCF is very friendly and the sarcastic humour is funny. The trick is to take it in the same way as you would from a mate you've known for years ie: without malice.
2. Or maybe the majority of readers didn't take to the original post and just expressed their views to discourage more of the same. It is possible for many people to agree rather than just be jumping on a bandwagon. If other people do like it they will rate it accordingly and everything will balance out in the end.
3. I've met ally and you're right he is a genuine and nice fella, in fact I've met a few people from this site and that's not exactly the kind of thing that happens on a site where no one cares anymore.
However nice someone is, we all post bollocks sometimes, and when we do is it right and proper that we get told that. Otherwise the forum would be awash with the most inane of posts and Korn would have to rename it visordown II. Karma is a fantastic way of saying it without getting into an argument.
Lastly why does karma matter so much anyway? ____________________ And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Asharin |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Asharin World Chat Champion

Joined: 05 Oct 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 01:35 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
OP needs thicker skin IMO
Sure there are some dicks here, but there are also some nice people.
Even the dicks aren't all that bad, especially if you just ignore them, hence the thicker skin comment. I haven't been here long, but I realised pretty quick that if you took to heart half the stuff posted here you'd leave pretty sharpish, or if in the workshop section you'd break your bikle, some of the advice is woeful at best.
However there are some real gems here, and I always find a genuinely funny or useful post every day...sometimes more than one!  ____________________ I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700
Last edited by Asharin on 01:38 - 01 Oct 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Banned |
This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 Banned World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| smegballs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 smegballs World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 02:00 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I can honestly say that BCF is my favourite site. From practical advice to tear-streaming laughter its absolutley fantastic.
Now I've been here getting on for two years, and I'm proud to say I was there for Lex Solo and SRADhandwasher and all those other moments of pure internet win.
In years to come I'll look back on all the funny shit on this site and it will still bring a smile to my face. I think that BCF is great simply as it is, and naturally as we have new members it will mutate and evolve.
Now I can see the point that some people do get karma bombed, and personally I only negative karma for blatant spam. If I don't agree I generally leave alone.
Now people on here have their differences which is only natural but the best part of this site is being able to debate and argue with each other and at the end of the day learn something new.
Long live BCF!!
A wicked place to hang out online!!  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 02:17 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've been here for one month now and I can honestly say that BCF is an awesome place  ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| DEN MONKEY |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 DEN MONKEY World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 May 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bazza |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bazza World Chat Champion
Joined: 27 Aug 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mistergixer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mistergixer World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 07:12 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Is it just me, or has the quality of BCF flouncers gone downhill recently?
To the OP - here's a suggestion, fit in or fuck off.
 ____________________ Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| lllN30lll |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 lllN30lll World Chat Champion

Joined: 12 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| killa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 killa Won't Shut Up

Joined: 18 Oct 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:41 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
You're lucky i dont have much time to post anymore, i know some of the northern nonces wouldn't be here anymore....some of these posts are awful!
BCF filters out the unwanted, its like nature or some shit.  ____________________ Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| SlimRick |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 SlimRick World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 07:51 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The big boys on BCF scare me...
Naah - they're all cunts.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Cptn. Awesome |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Cptn. Awesome Crazy Courier
Joined: 12 Sep 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:28 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Bittern wrote: | I can honestly say that BCF is my favourite site. From practical advice to tear-streaming laughter its absolutley fantastic.
Now I've been here getting on for two years, and I'm proud to say I was there for Lex Solo and SRADhandwasher and all those other moments of pure internet win.
In years to come I'll look back on all the funny shit on this site and it will still bring a smile to my face. I think that BCF is great simply as it is, and naturally as we have new members it will mutate and evolve.
Now I can see the point that some people do get karma bombed, and personally I only negative karma for blatant spam. If I don't agree I generally leave alone.
Now people on here have their differences which is only natural but the best part of this site is being able to debate and argue with each other and at the end of the day learn something new.
Long live BCF!!
A wicked place to hang out online!!  |
I'm the same as above. It also gives me something to do during work. ____________________ Rides - '60 Plate Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25, '03 Plate Kawasaki ZX6R B1H and an '87 VFR400 NC24
Naughty Fawbish: "An eagle is but an eagle until the suns flare blinds his prey." - Fawbish, 2010. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bEN_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bEN_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Dec 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:18 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Old BCF is when 50% of active members would bugger off for a ride at the weekend together, everyone had pretty much met up with eachother and we were all great friends.
Then the n00bz came
Basically anyone post 2003 is evil.  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bEN_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bEN_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Dec 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:41 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
2005 is where it's at.  ____________________ 2010 Ducati 848 Dark
Lamp Post Enthusiast |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 09:58 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://dickinabox.net/funneh/waaambulance.jpg
I agree, bring back the old BCF  ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:03 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|