Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I have learn't a few things about BCF.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message
cal91 This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:59 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF has never changed.
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:11 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: I have learn't a few things about BCF. Reply with quote

Yawn.
cal91 wrote:
Bring back the old BCF!

Joined: 16 Apr 2008

To bring back the old BCF we need to get rid of all the n00bs. Very Happy

And the word is learnt. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

TUG
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:13 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol put down the shotgun Ste, he might be useful one day! Shocked
When i started here i was a dick an i got flamed to death, after a massive reassessment i dont take to things so i dont really get the whole "go away" shit, though my rep still proceeds me. Sad
____________________
Haz ER-5, innit!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wizzzard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. BCF is very friendly and the sarcastic humour is funny. The trick is to take it in the same way as you would from a mate you've known for years ie: without malice.

2. Or maybe the majority of readers didn't take to the original post and just expressed their views to discourage more of the same. It is possible for many people to agree rather than just be jumping on a bandwagon. If other people do like it they will rate it accordingly and everything will balance out in the end.

3. I've met ally and you're right he is a genuine and nice fella, in fact I've met a few people from this site and that's not exactly the kind of thing that happens on a site where no one cares anymore.

However nice someone is, we all post bollocks sometimes, and when we do is it right and proper that we get told that. Otherwise the forum would be awash with the most inane of posts and Korn would have to rename it visordown II. Karma is a fantastic way of saying it without getting into an argument.

Lastly why does karma matter so much anyway?
____________________
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Asharin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:35 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP needs thicker skin IMO Very Happy
Sure there are some dicks here, but there are also some nice people.
Even the dicks aren't all that bad, especially if you just ignore them, hence the thicker skin comment. I haven't been here long, but I realised pretty quick that if you took to heart half the stuff posted here you'd leave pretty sharpish, or if in the workshop section you'd break your bikle, some of the advice is woeful at best.

However there are some real gems here, and I always find a genuinely funny or useful post every day...sometimes more than one! Middle Finger
____________________
I can't sing: https://laughinginpurgatory.bandcamp.com and https://soundcloud.com/laughing-in-purgatory
I am Dyslexic of Borg, resemblance is fertile, your ass will be laminated.
2008 Honda Dullsville 700


Last edited by Asharin on 01:38 - 01 Oct 2009; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:36 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck off, you cunt.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

smegballs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:00 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say that BCF is my favourite site. From practical advice to tear-streaming laughter its absolutley fantastic.

Now I've been here getting on for two years, and I'm proud to say I was there for Lex Solo and SRADhandwasher and all those other moments of pure internet win.

In years to come I'll look back on all the funny shit on this site and it will still bring a smile to my face. I think that BCF is great simply as it is, and naturally as we have new members it will mutate and evolve.

Now I can see the point that some people do get karma bombed, and personally I only negative karma for blatant spam. If I don't agree I generally leave alone.

Now people on here have their differences which is only natural but the best part of this site is being able to debate and argue with each other and at the end of the day learn something new.

Long live BCF!!

A wicked place to hang out online!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:17 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been here for one month now and I can honestly say that BCF is an awesome place Thumbs Up
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DEN MONKEY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:29 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Re: I have learn't a few things about BCF. Reply with quote

cal91 wrote:

I posted 1 reply on a certain thread and got around 6 negative karma votes.


I suspect there in lies the whole purpose of your post.

Stop being a big girl and suck it up Nancy.

I've been coming here for about 5 years now and haven't had any probs.
Then again I don't make a point of attacking anyone. Mostly because I can't be assed.
If I don't like something someone has posted, I'll just move along until I find something worth a read.

I do think that maybe the amount of stuff that is worth a look is not as large as it used to be but you have to run out of the internet eventually.
____________________
meh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Phoenix
Twisted Firestarter



Joined: 01 Aug 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:57 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might start selling positive karma ratings for cash, given the value people place on it I could use the proceeds to purchase a new car, possibly a small island.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:48 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix wrote:
I might start selling positive karma ratings for cash, given the value people place on it I could use the proceeds to purchase a new car, possibly a small island.


s/island/shed
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:12 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me, or has the quality of BCF flouncers gone downhill recently?

To the OP - here's a suggestion, fit in or fuck off.

Thumbs Up
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:41 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this just because the OP posted an MSN convo that was about 8 pages long and people rated it boring, which it bloody was.
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R


Last edited by lllN30lll on 08:30 - 01 Oct 2009; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:41 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're lucky i dont have much time to post anymore, i know some of the northern nonces wouldn't be here anymore....some of these posts are awful! Wink

BCF filters out the unwanted, its like nature or some shit. Thumbs Up
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

SlimRick
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:51 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big boys on BCF scare me...























Naah - they're all cunts. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:26 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear to fucking Lucifer, you complain one more goddamn time. I dare you. I double dare you motherfucker.
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Cptn. Awesome
Crazy Courier



Joined: 12 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:28 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bittern wrote:
I can honestly say that BCF is my favourite site. From practical advice to tear-streaming laughter its absolutley fantastic.

Now I've been here getting on for two years, and I'm proud to say I was there for Lex Solo and SRADhandwasher and all those other moments of pure internet win.

In years to come I'll look back on all the funny shit on this site and it will still bring a smile to my face. I think that BCF is great simply as it is, and naturally as we have new members it will mutate and evolve.

Now I can see the point that some people do get karma bombed, and personally I only negative karma for blatant spam. If I don't agree I generally leave alone.

Now people on here have their differences which is only natural but the best part of this site is being able to debate and argue with each other and at the end of the day learn something new.

Long live BCF!!

A wicked place to hang out online!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I'm the same as above. It also gives me something to do during work.
____________________
Rides - '60 Plate Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25, '03 Plate Kawasaki ZX6R B1H and an '87 VFR400 NC24

Naughty Fawbish: "An eagle is but an eagle until the suns flare blinds his prey." - Fawbish, 2010.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:11 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavy bus racing.
____________________
2010 Ducati 848 Dark

Lamp Post Enthusiast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:18 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old BCF is when 50% of active members would bugger off for a ride at the weekend together, everyone had pretty much met up with eachother and we were all great friends.

Then the n00bz came Sad

Basically anyone post 2003 is evil. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:41 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

2005 is where it's at. Cool
____________________
2010 Ducati 848 Dark

Lamp Post Enthusiast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:53 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Old BCF is when 50% of active members would bugger off for a ride at the weekend together, everyone had pretty much met up with eachother and we were all great friends.

Then the n00bz came Sad

Basically anyone post 2003 is evil. Razz


Fuck you bitch!
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:58 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://dickinabox.net/funneh/waaambulance.jpg

I agree, bring back the old BCF Thumbs Up
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:03 - 01 Oct 2009    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fawbish wrote:

Fuck you bitch!


Fuck you too Middle FingerRazzMiddle Finger

2002, greatest year for BCF Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 17 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.19 Sec - Server Load: 0.72 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 134.12 Kb