|
|
| What is your BMI? |
| 15-20 (skinny to normal) |
|
20% |
[ 25 ] |
| 20-25 (Normal) |
|
48% |
[ 59 ] |
| 25-30 (Overweight) |
|
14% |
[ 18 ] |
| 30+ (Obese, like me) |
|
16% |
[ 20 ] |
|
| Total Votes : 122 |
|
| Author |
Message |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:57 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: BCF BMI Competition |
 |
|
I am on a fitness kick at the moment, which consists of cycling 15 miles to work in the morning and then back home again in the evening, at least four days a week (customer visits permitting). I've never been a slave to the scales, how my clothes fit is always a better indicator for me, but thought I'd weigh myself and calculate my BMI to see how much I can improve.
Lo and behold, I am officially obese, with a BMI os 30.6, which is a bit of a shocker, although I have been told that BMI is pretty much crap as it doesn't take build into account. So, to make myself feel better (or worse) I thought I'd open the BCF BMI register. Go to the website below, put in your height and weight plus age to get your percentile and post it here. It might also be interesting to see the vital statistics (within reason) to see if build is a big difference.
My BMI is 30.6, I am in the 80th percentile for someone who is 5'10" and 35 years old, but my waist is 36", so I am wondering how the hell I'm obese I am 15st3lb but I'm pretty well built, so I reckon it;s all muscle
BMI Calculator
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'.
Last edited by the grim reaper on 14:14 - 01 Oct 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mr.Everready |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mr.Everready World Chat Champion

Joined: 28 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:03 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I usually use the NHS one, even gives you a graph to show how overweight you are ! https://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx
Anyway I'm slightly over weight with a BMI of 25.3. ____________________ the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Alexio |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Alexio World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Aug 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 14:04 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'd just like to say that you are insane.
Right then, I'm apparently at 22.1 BMI. Might have been more interesting as a poll or something?
All the best ____________________ will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mooserx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mooserx Nearly there...

Joined: 14 Jul 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 14:08 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
The NHS one gives the same results as the rest of them, the BMI graphs can be found anywhere. What is annoying is that I know I need to lose a couple of stone but, in order to get to a BMI of 24-ish, I will need to get to 12 stone. If you saw me, there's no way I am carrying 3 stone plus.
Ah well, keep cycling and see where I end up, I guess.
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Catalyst |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Catalyst World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Nov 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:08 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Been on a health kick myself since April, lost 2 and a half stone and lost 4 inches on the waist. Body fat % is a better indicator of how "fat" you are, im quite a broad build as well.
Mine is 21.1
 ____________________ |--Previous--|:2007 Aprilia SX50... --Current--|: 2007 Kawasaki ER-6N
SlimRick - I can cook really well - but it's a useless skill, as I'm not a woman and it's their fucking job! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Fawbish |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Fawbish World Chat Champion

Joined: 27 Jan 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:09 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
BMI of 20 says the Wii-fit. And Im 20 years old.
However. Im 6'1. And barely 10.5 stone.
Pretty fast though. ____________________ "Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MonkeyKnuckle |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MonkeyKnuckle World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Jan 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 14:10 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
20.9, almost smack in the middle of 'Healthy Weight' according to the NHS link.
I'm 6'2" and weigh 74kg which is 11st 9lb apparently. ____________________ MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| G |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 G The Voice of Reason
Joined: 02 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:38 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
BMI of around 25 I think, body fat 15.8% last time I checked... but still need to lose some of that visceral fat.... when I get back from my holiday . |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| jay12329 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 jay12329 Dr. Evil

Joined: 02 May 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:11 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
18 anyone lower? |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 15:11 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
22.4 according to the NHS one. BMI's a bit stupid really, my weight's been the same for ages but I'm nowhere near as fit as I was a year ago.
Edit: Those poll results don't look all that reassuring for you Grim.  ____________________ Photos and that |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Luke_Retrofly |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Luke_Retrofly Silly Lesbian

Joined: 05 Jul 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:21 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
29 phew  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| growler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 growler Traffic Copper

Joined: 17 Jul 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 15:30 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't need to lose wait just grow another foot or so!
6'2" 256 lb 32.9 BMI
all plans say I should be 195 lb maximum but I would look ill at that weight!! ____________________ DILLIGAF |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:31 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Dom wrote: | 22.4 according to the NHS one. BMI's a bit stupid really, my weight's been the same for ages but I'm nowhere near as fit as I was a year ago.
Edit: Those poll results don't look all that reassuring for you Grim.  |
I know
Mind you, I'm doing something about it and at least I can come back in here and check my progress. I'm only just obese at 30.6 though, that is reassuring, particularly as I have a mate who is 46.7. I kid you not. 6'2" and 26 stone-ish. Not good.
Mind you, I don't look obese and I am dense (joking aside) I sink in swimming pools instead of floating. I'd be screwed if I fell out of a boat
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Feasty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Feasty World Chat Champion
Joined: 01 Nov 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:33 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: Re: BCF BMI Competition |
 |
|
| the grim reaper wrote: | I am on a fitness kick at the moment, which consists of cycling 15 miles to work in the morning and then back home again in the evening, at least four days a week |
I'd just like to say that if you lived in Sheffield there's NO WAY you'd be able to cycle 15 miles to work, then back again, the hills are ridiculous. If I lived on the coast I'd be able to do that mileage easy enough though and I consider myself a 5 times a year cyclist!
I have a BMI of 33 and percentile of 92%, if you saw me you'd agree I'd need to lose a couple of stone but I'm big boned and big built, and not way off looking 'normal'. The BMI rating is wank... ____________________ Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dom |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dom World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Sep 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| UnknownStuntm... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 UnknownStuntm... World Chat Champion

Joined: 13 Sep 2007 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 15:42 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: Re: BCF BMI Competition |
 |
|
| beanfeast wrote: | | the grim reaper wrote: | I am on a fitness kick at the moment, which consists of cycling 15 miles to work in the morning and then back home again in the evening, at least four days a week |
I'd just like to say that if you lived in Sheffield there's NO WAY you'd be able to cycle 15 miles to work, then back again, the hills are ridiculous. If I lived on the coast I'd be able to do that mileage easy enough though and I consider myself a 5 times a year cyclist!
I have a BMI of 33 and percentile of 92%, if you saw me you'd agree I'd need to lose a couple of stone but I'm big boned and big built, and not way off looking 'normal'. The BMI rating is wank... |
I used to live in Saltash (Cornwall) and cycle to the edge of Dartmoor for work, took me about 50 minutes to get there and 35 to get home, uphill all the way there and fun on the way home The route I do now has some up and downs in it but nothing too major.
I agree on the BMI rating though, I just told my work mate that I am apparently obese and she laughed.
Ah well, off to cycle home in a bit.
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| s44678 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 s44678 Guest
|
|
| Back to top |
| |
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| The Shaggy D.A. |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 The Shaggy D.A. Super Spammer

Joined: 12 Sep 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:07 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
BMI is crap as an indicator. I'm "supposed" to be 10 stone, but I look like I've just left Auschwitz at 12 stone. ____________________ Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Wafer_Thin_Ham |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Wafer_Thin_Ham Super Spammer

Joined: 18 Nov 2005 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:09 - 01 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I'm 19 or so.
Hip waist ratio is a better guide.  ____________________ My Flickr |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cagiva gezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cagiva gezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Phoenix |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Phoenix Twisted Firestarter

Joined: 01 Aug 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ariel Badger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ariel Badger Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Dec 2006 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 17 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|