|
|
| Author |
Message |
| L-Jam |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 L-Jam World Chat Champion

Joined: 15 Jan 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:34 - 08 Oct 2009 Post subject: Retard R1 riders. |
 |
|
Out today on the GS for a blast, and I come up behind an 09 and an 07 R1 riding together, both in full A* gear. Apart from drooling and being tres jealous, I get a bit excited, because it's not often I end up with a few other bikers at this time of year.
But travelling along an NSL road, the bikes in front would not go over 65ish. It was really doing my head in, the road was clear, the conditions were perfect and they really could have opened it up. I eventually end up overtaking them out of boredom, giving them a thumbs up; when to my suprise the one infront after some obvious thought decides to chase me. I was maxxing out the bike (33bhp'd) at about 100 at this point, taking the corners fine as they weren't tight, when he rapidly catches up as we approach a slightly tighter corner. I take it fine, decent line, and he nearly ploughs himself off the road, emergency breaking to slow himself down then barely leaning round the corner.
The point is, why do these retards go out and buy a brand new bike, get all kitted up, when they cannot ride at all? get an R6 at least, learn a bit. And people wonder why bike statistics are so bad. ____________________ Journalist, student, egotist.
Click here if you're a young biker, wondering what to do after a moped/125!
Skp 50 --> GS 500 --> CBR600F with custom HRC paint jobby --> GSX-R 750 K7, beautiful! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mystery |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mystery World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| funmonkee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 funmonkee Super Spammer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mystery |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mystery World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| funmonkee |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 funmonkee Super Spammer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mystery |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mystery World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:52 - 08 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| smegballs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 smegballs World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| calyx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 calyx World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 00:21 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Skudd |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Skudd Super Spammer

Joined: 01 Oct 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:06 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| Quote: | But travelling along an NSL road, the bikes in front would not go over 65ish. It was really doing my head in, the road was clear, the conditions were perfect and they really could have opened it up. |
Complaining because someone else isn't speeding, just tootling along?
| Quote: | I eventually end up overtaking them out of boredom, giving them a thumbs up; when to my suprise the one infront after some obvious thought decides to chase me. |
You probably woke him up and he thought he might play a bit.
| Quote: | I was maxxing out the bike (33bhp'd) at about 100 at this point, taking the corners fine as they weren't tight, |
Not bad for 33bhp and fine for you.
| Quote: | when he rapidly catches up as we approach a slightly tighter corner |
so he was going over the ton and approaches a tight corner, even the slightest bend gets tighter at speed.
| Quote: | he nearly ploughs himself off the road, emergency breaking to slow himself down then barely leaning round the corner. |
Perhaps firm braking to a speed that he can take the corner without getting his knee down?
| Quote: | get an R6 at least |
If he was a poor rider the R6 wouldn't make any difference.
I do agree though that there are many who have the money to go the whole hog and get all the gear, without much skill in riding. But sometimes skill in riding is not doing 100 mph down a road in the first place and being good enough not to let other riders frustrate you because they are not riding thier bike in the way you think they should do. ____________________ Famous last words of Humpty Dumpty. " Stop pushing me "
Petty Anarchists look at "1984".............. The Visionary looks at "Animal Farm". |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| chris-red |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 chris-red Have you considered a TDM?

Joined: 21 Sep 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:21 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=154050&highlight=r1
I find it fun when people with quick bikes can't ride, it makes my penis bigger when I am quicker on a battered old TDM.
At the end of the day just owning a sportbike doesn't mean you have to cain it everywhere.
And if somebody overtakes me at speed 9/10 it give chase, it's not because I'm angry or upset they did it but is because I like the thrill of the chase. ____________________ Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Devils Advocate |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Devils Advocate World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Apr 2009 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 06:54 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Andy levitt |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Andy levitt Crazy Courier

Joined: 03 Jun 2006 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bEN_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bEN_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Dec 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 09:03 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Got my R6 when i was 19, never restricted it, had it nearly 2 years and it's on ebay for sale in exactly the same condition and if anything it's better mechanically than it was when i purchased it.
i have the smallest cc bike out of the people i ride with, some with over 20 years experience and i don't have an issue keeping up, i did to start with but when i got some miles under me, i was fine.
this whole thing about people my age getting a 600 as there first bike being crazy is bs unless your a complete twat on the road.
I'd probably be as quick on the road with a decent 250cc bike but i still have a good laugh when i see blokes in their 30's , on brand new R1's roundabout surfing trying to get there knee down, funny shit
 ____________________ 2010 Ducati 848 Dark
Lamp Post Enthusiast |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| the grim reaper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 the grim reaper World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 09:53 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I don't think you can stereotype according to age, it's all down to attitude. I know some blokes who ride like complete cocks, to the point where I would never consider going out for a ride with them because they are always trying to prove who is the fastest. They are all in their 30s or older.
I also know a few nippers who are sensible and considerate enough to put these 30 something Rossi wannabes to shame, riding within their ability and certainly more sensibly than I did at their age.
Some riders (and drivers) have this aversion to being overtaken, I see this every other week when I do the 270 mile round trip to get my kids, on the motorway you get drivers who will always put their foot down as you pull alongside, I always lift off and drop behind but I have seen bikers who are the same.
At the end of the day, a cock is a cock, no matter what their age.
Cheers
Grim ____________________ Adverts don't always work: Remember that advert, where the army are running across the desert and they have a wounded man on a stretcher. They get to a ravine, the bridge is down and a caption pops up that says, 'What are you thinking?'. I don't know about you but I was thinking, 'Christ, I'm glad I'm not in the f***ing army'. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| smegballs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 smegballs World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 10:17 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well I admit that lots of kids are really stupid. In the case of me and two of my mates, who have all been riding together since we were 16 and have 1000's miles experience.You'd still rather give the 21 year DAS pass the keys to your new R6 than one of us??
I'm still a "kid" (in my own eyes at least) yet I am very saftey occupied and usually the slowest in the pack when we go out for a ride despite having the "fastest" bike...
For example people on here will pass their test and get a 600 of some kind, say a bandit or hornet and that is considered a good sensible choice..... Yet when I rode an FZR 600 the other day it seemed like absolutley rediculous power and I've been riding 3 years....
I know a bandit/hornet isn't quite the power style of an FZR but even still the concept of passing your test and getting on a 600 seems crazy! Let alone a sports thou!
Last edited by smegballs on 10:21 - 09 Oct 2009; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ratmonkey |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ratmonkey Nova Slayer

Joined: 24 Sep 2009 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| bEN_ |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 bEN_ World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Dec 2005 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Devils Advocate |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Devils Advocate World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Apr 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| JAMSXR |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 JAMSXR World Chat Champion

Joined: 18 Jan 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Deano |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Deano World Chat Champion

Joined: 17 Feb 2003 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:20 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
| the grim reaper wrote: | I don't think you can stereotype according to age, it's all down to attitude. I know some blokes who ride like complete cocks, to the point where I would never consider going out for a ride with them because they are always trying to prove who is the fastest. They are all in their 30s or older.
I also know a few nippers who are sensible and considerate enough to put these 30 something Rossi wannabes to shame, riding within their ability and certainly more sensibly than I did at their age.
Some riders (and drivers) have this aversion to being overtaken, I see this every other week when I do the 270 mile round trip to get my kids, on the motorway you get drivers who will always put their foot down as you pull alongside, I always lift off and drop behind but I have seen bikers who are the same.
At the end of the day, a cock is a cock, no matter what their age.
Cheers
Grim |
think this sums it up nicely, i dont think its age all the time, some people think they are heroes when they are on there bikes so therefore try and act like one. even seen it qouted on here which is laughable.
more nails for the coffin for the whole bike scene altogether. ____________________ Dean Stone #777
EMRA 2012 final standings, Formula 600s 3rd, Superstock 600s 3rd.
www.triplesevenracing.co.uk: www.ljmotorcyclerepairs.co.uk www.gettaylored.co.uk BN RaceScience, Now officially run out of money to carry on racing  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| calyx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 calyx World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:23 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think I roughly have 200.000 miles experience without an accident.
My willy must be 12" now..  ____________________ Boris - London |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paulington |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paulington World Chat Champion

Joined: 11 Mar 2009 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 13:29 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've recently jumped on the 600 having only ever driven 50s and 125s on the road for a year (just over) and to be fair yes it's hugely powerful but it's only the rider which controls it.
The bike doesn't suddenly decide to throw you off, it's your own doing.
As Grim said, it's about attitude more than anything, I ride within my ability and don't act like a cockhanded Rossi everywhere, yet you get the people who get their first big bike, throttle on a corner and get seriously injured, chances are they did the same on the smaller bikes too.
Skill, Attitude & Experience > Age. ____________________ "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Devils Advocate |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Devils Advocate World Chat Champion
Joined: 18 Apr 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| calyx |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 calyx World Chat Champion
Joined: 11 Dec 2008 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 13:43 - 09 Oct 2009 Post subject: |
 |
|
max: It doesn't mean I won't hit a lorry head on today. (and loose all 12")
I'm still as cautious as I was in my first year.
Try to think your willy is 6" all the time. not 4", not 8". 6 is good for public roads.  ____________________ Boris - London |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| smegballs |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 smegballs World Chat Champion
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|